Be the Hwang for the Kim

Be the Hwang for the Kim

 

 

Tiffany laid her body on the couch. She shifted her weight until she found a comfortable spot to lie on. She grabbed the remote control and turned the television on; switching the channels back and forth but nothing on the screen interested her.  Then she heard the sound of keys jiggling and the front door unlocking. Taeyeon is home. She thought.  Later she found the shorter girl coming towards the living room. She was massaging her sore neck, maybe from the long day at work. She joined Tiffany on the couch, dropping her body lazily. She lowered her head on Tiffany’s shoulder, searching for comfort. Tiffany the strands of blonde hair on Taeyeon’s face and brought them behind her ear.

‘Have you eaten?’ Tiffany asked.

‘Let’s eat out’, Taeyeon answered, taking Tiffany by surprise.

‘But I already cooked dinner’, Tiffany said in confusion.

Their shared apartment turned silence.

‘Let’s have a picnic then’, Taeyeon looked up to see the girl’s reaction, smiling widely.

‘At this hour? It’s already late’.

Taeyeon pouted. She stared at the other girl with a pitiful gaze. Tiffany couldn’t help but to chuckle at the girl’s expression.

‘Hajima~’, Tiffany said.

‘We could star-gaze’, Taeyeon tried to convince her.

‘Okay’, Tiffany finally gave in. ‘But you need to shower first. You smell bad’, she teased.

Taeyeon took a smell on her own body. ‘You’re right’, her face distorted. ‘Wanna join me?’ she asked bluntly.

‘What?’

‘Shower. I could use some help’, she said innocently.

‘No!’ Tiffany replied with disgust.

Tiffany got off her and pulled the smaller girl by the wrist. ‘Get up now. I’ll set the food up while you get ready’.

‘Are you sure you don’t wanna join me?’ Taeyeon grinned.

‘Just go. Go. Go.’ she said while pushing the girl’s back, forcing her into the bathroom.

 

 

-

Both of them walked in the park. Taeyeon held the picnic basket in her hand while the other was interlacing tightly into Tiffany’s. The cold breeze was seeping through their thin clothes. Tiffany pressed her body onto Taeyeon, trying to receive more heat from the latter.

‘This seems like a good spot’, Taeyeon halted their steps.

‘Perfect’, the eye-smiling girl said.

The two girls settled down .Taeyeon spread the picnic mat neatly, making it comfortable to sit on. The black-haired girl lit up a candle that was enough for the two of them. After taking out all of the food from the basket, the girls enjoyed their dinner.

‘This is delicious!’ Taeyeon chirped happily.

Tiffany could only laugh at her kid-like behavior. She noticed a stain on the side of the girl’s mouth. She wiped it off with her thumb. ‘Eat slowly. You’re going to choke yourself’, she chuckled. The latter gave her a foolish smile, showing off her teeth.

‘I didn’t know you cook Korean dish very well’, Taeyeon said.

‘I know my roots’.

‘You should cook like this more often. Spaghettis and pastas don’t mix well in my stomach. I get diarrhea. A hurricane diarrhea’.

‘Ya! You’re disgusting. Don’t say that while we’re eating’.

The grinning idiot earned a slapped on her arm.

-

‘Ah~ I’m so full’, Taeyeon said while stretching her arms. She noticed Tiffany rubbing her shoulders a few times. ‘Come over here. It’s cold’, she said. Tiffany scooted over, reducing the gap between them. But it wasn’t comfortable enough. She leaned on Taeyeon as the blonde hug her tightly in her embrace. Their skin burned as they were rubbing against each other. The blonde took out a blanket they brought earlier and covered their body with it. Taeyeon lowered her head on Tiffany’s shoulder. Tiffany was sinking into Taeyeon’s embrace. They love doing this every time. And every single time they wished that time would stop for the moment. Both of them gazed into the sky, as if the stars were twinkling and dancing only for them.

‘Don’t you miss me?’ Taeyeon broke the silence.

‘What?’

‘Me. Us. Like this’.

‘Yup. It’s been a while’, Tiffany her fingers on Taeyeon’s arm. She could feel her skin burning from the slight touch.

‘Do you like it?’

‘I love it’

‘Me too’

‘Why do you ask?’

Tiffany waited for Taeyeon’s answer but she didn’t reply. They both stayed silence for few minutes. Taeyeon and Tiffany had been best friends since they were in college. They couldn’t survive without one another. There wouldn’t be the Kim without the Hwang as their friends always said. They normally and randomly showed affection towards each other. Another affectionate night like this was no stranger to them. Only this night, it was a bit different. Taeyeon was confessing.

Taeyeon brought her lips nearer to Tiffany’s neck. Her breath was tickling the other girl’s ear.

‘Do you know the feeling of being so happy when you’re with someone? You go hyper when that person is around just to get their attention.  And when that person is sad, it just breaks your heart. You wish to always be there to catch their tears. You wish to always be there to make them smile. You wish to always be there to make their dreams come true. And when you have a fight with them, you feel extremely stupid for hurting that person’, Taeyeon said.

‘You have someone like that in your life?’ Tiffany asked curiously.

‘Of course’.

‘Hey, um..’Taeyeon paused. ‘I’m not really good at this’, she paused again. ‘B-but… I love when you cook for me, when you purposely come to my office just to see if I’m doing fine, when you cuddled into me while we’re sleeping. I love when my heart flutters every time I see you smile’.

Tiffany turned her body to face Taeyeon. She gave her a thousand watt eye smile.

‘Like this. I melt every time you do this’, Taeyeon whispered in Tiffany’s ear.

They both pressed their forehead against each other, noses brushing on each other’s breath. Tiffany stared deeply into a pair of onyx eyes in front of her. Slowly, she began to close her eyes. Taeyeon leaned in for a kiss. The kiss was soft but passionate. Taeyeon finally got the taste of the lips she had long for. She pulled away from the kiss and whispered under her breath, ‘Tipani, be my Hwang forever’.

‘I already am’.

They leaned in for another kiss and fell deeply into each other under the stars.