둘 (Dhul)

A Challenging Affection

Yes, I kinda rushed this chapter and just left out the unimportant parts. I hope you enjoy!

6:05 A.M

I arose from my bed to the loud clanks of pots and pans from upstairs. 

I stretched my arms as much as I could and let out a huge yawn.

After doing the usual morning routine , I slipped on a very simple outfit.

It consisted of ; black skinny jeans, an oversized - off the shoulder top, spiked ring, and a black bohemian messenger bag.

After eating a small bowl of eggs and rice, I put on my black hightop shoes and exited the apartment.

I didn't really have friends at school since we just recently moved to this apartment. 

The community was very ghetto actually, everyone seemed like wannabe badasses.

I didn't bother to socialize in this school after the many times people tried to instigate fights. Which was pretty damn annoying. There's no fun people at all!

I let out a sigh.  Now it was already 6:30.

I dashed to the nearest library to my school and into the computer lab.

Thankfully no one was there. I went to the site to apply to the scholarship.

After around an hour of intense essays answering questions, and information , I finally finished right on time for school.

The applications were to be checked in 5 days and the winners would be determined in 7 days.

8 days later ! 

I hastily checked my email right after dropping Soo Young at home and rushing to the library.

It was right there. The answer to my fate. Okay, that was pretty dumb to say. 

I pressed on it , crossing my fingers and shivering with anxiety.

........................

I was accepted.

I jumped in my seat, quickly logged off, ran out the library and just squealed very loudly.

I was going to Korea ! I felt grateful for my family, But I also loved the idea of exploring Korea and getting to know more about my own culture.

Going to NamSam tower, Coex Mall , watching B.A.P , Bigbang , 2NE1 performances, seeing the korean cuties (hopefully one that looks like G-Dragon or SE7EN, they're both very cute), karaoke, meeting nice friends,  experience having a nice father, and just basically having a new beginning.

The email also explained that they had a son that's only a year older than me and will be attending the same school.

I hope he's really nice! I dont expect him to be popular, just nice. It would actually even be better if he was nerdy! I love doing dorky stuff.

When i got home, i explained to my family what just occured. 

They jumped in joy along with me. My mother smiled and held my hand in place of hers.

She placed a necklace she had kept in her purse onto my hand.

While you go to Korea, I want you to keep and cherish this. I hope it'll bring you more luck there.

I grinned. "Thank you so much Umma. I really appreciate you taking care of me these past 16 years. I hope when I come back, I come back with something to make you and Soo Young proud. I mean, It's not like I'm going into the army right?" I chuckled.

I was to pack and leave the following Sunday.

Sunday

I had 2 blue luggages and one carrier. 

I gave a tight hug to my family and boarded the plane after going through security.

I looked out the window as the plane took off, and fwll into a nice sleep.

"YAH! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT PORORO NOTEBOOK? IT'S CUTE!" 

I woke up abruptedly.

"W-What?" I looked to my right. There was a very marvelous girl with the most luxurious looking brown hair ever. Her hair reached below her chest, she had front bangs, porcelain white skin, a slim face , and the cutest outfit. 

"Sorry if I woke you up, but I couldnt hold it in. Where in the state did you get that Pororo notebook? It's the cutest thing ever!" 

"Oh, Haha. I got it near ..... " I thought hard, trying to remember. "..I'm sorry I forgot" 

"It's okay! Since we're heading to Korea anyway, I'll just get one there. My name's Suzy, what's yours? " 

"Ailee. It's nice to meet you. I love your shirt, that unicorn carrier you're holding is REALLY cool." 

She giggled "Thanks, I named it Captain Fluffy " 

We both had the dorkiest conversation ever. We talked about Anime, lifesabers, turtles,..you name it.

"Did you know Blue from Blue's Clues was actually a girl?" 

"NO WAY! I always thought Blue dated the pink dog. " 

We were both so immersed in the conversation that it got dark quickly. 

Suddenly we both fell asleep. 

8:30 A.M

"Passengers, please removed your seatbelt and exit out quietly and slowly"

Me and Suzy exited the plane to the airport, and she directly spotted her host family.

Did i forget to mention she was also a part of the program? Haha sorry. 

"You are covered with awesomesauce Suzy, Goodluck! See you at school! " 

"So are you stunning! Alright! Goodluck to you too! " Suzy replied waving goodbye. 

"Ah- Umm Aileeeeeeeeee~ " I heard my name echoing around the airport. 

Following the sound, I found my family with a bouquet of roses.

I smiled. My host father and host mother were there. 

"Ahh! I've always wanted a daughter! You're so pretty my darling! " The mom yelled as she ran up to embrace me.

Her husband had chuckled. "If only Kikwang was here. That rascal. He has no manners!" 

"Bwah? Me, have no manners? You're the one calling me over 50 times while I was busy singing at the karaoke with the most attractive girls at school. I probably could've been dating one by now, but no. I have to attend this somehow "special" event. What's so special anyway? It's just having a stranger borrow a room in our house, and eating our food. " A man had walked behind his father surprisingly. The man who I THOUGHT was attractive had complained endlessly. His personality . Why would attractive females get close to this jerk anyways? Aiish. 

Tch. This "oppa" . 

I looked around and saw Suzy happily smiling with her family.  I was jealous. Everyone had a nice headstart.

"Dont bother with him , He has a very bad attitude. But don't worry, once you go to school. He'll be something different." My host mom and whispered in my ear , while rolling her eyes.

I giggled, I loved my host mom. She acted so carefree and i loved it. She understood me well.

"YAH! Hubby, start the car. I cant wait to show my darling her room. Kikwang, gain some more manners. She seems like a sweet girl!" She yelled while helping me with my luggage. 

I wonder if this will turn out pretty well. My parents seem great...it's just this delinquent looking oppa..