3

When I Saw You

Sorry for not updating quickly. ;A; I'm really busy with school atm but I managed to squeeze in a short chapter... Yea it's kind of boring, but we'll get there. ;D ;D

What am I even doing with my life? Luhan projects the thought in his mind, not even understanding himself anymore. It was 3 years ago that he first stepped into this city, Seoul. At first it was just a casual backpacking trip, but then he fell in love with the culture, the food, the people. Leaving everything behind in China, he started his new life here, transferring schools and studying film in Seoul. He's doing well though, surprisingly his parents didn't object for long and agreed for him to study abroad in Korea. Clueless of what he's going to do with a degree in film studies, everyday he just hoped for the best. This is his final year in university, which means the real world  awaits him after the handing off of the diploma.

"Yah, Ge! Get up... Lu... Han... YAH!", a tall figure hovers over Luhan bed. "I'm going to pull off your sheets if you don't wake up." Hearing a loud yell, Luhan feels bit by bit, parts of his body was exposed to the cold spring air.

"Ugh...", Luhan mumbles in the mist of awakening, rubbing the goosebumps on his limbs, "Did you open the window?... Why... What the hell..."

"WAKE UP! You have class in an hour and you still have to go pay your book fees, don't forget."

"Okay, Fan, okay...", Luhan straightens up off the bed, rubbing his eyes, trying to wipe off the sleepiness. Kris and Luhan are cousins, and have been best friends since they were babies. Despite being nearly a feet taller than Luhan, Kris is actually the younger one of the cousins, yet he acts like the older one.

"Luhan, you'll never get a girlfriend if you're this lazy."

"Shut up Kris, this is like one of the few days of the year where you wake early than I do. I'm only up now because I stayed up late, editing footage til 4am", Kris makes a very unimpressed expression, his eyebrows slanting inwards and ignores what Luhan said. Luhan gets off his bed and drags himself into the bathroom. Kris is right, I guess... I thought I'd be in some kind of relationship by now, but I haven't dated since... I don't even remember when. I think there are girls interested in me, but they're all so... Meh, materialistic? They just all seem so cliche, none of them interest me. What did I have to do again today? Right, hand in the music video assignment. Luhan finishes brushing his teeth and heads back into his room to change. As Luhan puts on a white collared dress shirt, Kris enters his room without knocking.

"AHHHH! KRIS! How many times do I have to tell you to knock before you come into my room! Especially that I'm changing!"

Kris gives his blank look, "We've known each other pretty much since birth, does it really matter? Plus we're both guys, who cares."

"So?! We're not 3 years old anymore, plus it's not a matter of gender, but it's a privacy matter!"

"Why," Kris looks over at Luhan's computer, "do you keep yadong in there or something?", Kris winks. Luhan blushes, as he quickly finishes buttoning up his shirt.

"NO! I'm a perfectly pure, 22 year old university student. Don't even go to yadong while talking about me."

"Yeah yeah. Wait, what did I come in here for again?... Oh right! Your mom called this morning, but obviously you were still asleep."

"Oh she did? What did she say?" 

"The same old. Asking us how's school, are we eating well, have we been attending our classes. Oh and the same one question every time."

"And what did you answer her?"

"'No, Luhan still doesn't have a girlfriend.', I told her that."

"Good, because I don't and there's no rush to get one anyway.", Luhan shrugs, combing his hair down and prepping some hair gel in his hands. The matter is clearly still on his mind, Kris can tell. Luhan is a good looking guy, finding a girl is probably the easiest task Luhan can do, but he just doesn't do it. He has many female friends, but never manage to find someone who fits his type; someone quiet, cute and shy. Kris sighs and leaves the room once again.

"I'm going to head out to the faculty building to post this week's studio schedule, okay? Text me when you've finished paying your fees, so we can go to class together", Kris' voice fades as he exits the dorm. Luhan looks at the time, it's only been ten minutes since he woke up. He gathers up the necessities for the day and heads out himself too.

"Good morning Lu!", a boy with deep, dark eyes greets from behind Luhan as he walks out the front door of the dorm building.

"Morning Tao, are you going to class today?"

"Yea I have to... I already missed two classes this past week because of the recording gigs", Tao joins Luhan in walking towards the university's main campus.

"I still find it amusing that you got recruited not to record as a crew member, but actually being recorded", Luhan chuckles in between his words.

"Same", Tao flushes, "someone from the TV station happened to be at the talent show and saw me do wushu, so they just walked up to me after", he scratches the side of his head, eyes still puffy from sleeping. "Prof Yoo said that there'll be a new job listing up today, let's go check after we hand in the book fees, yea?"

"Yea sure", the two approach in unison of quick footsteps, and before they know it, they had arrived at the student center. Possibly because they came so late, there was no line up for student payment, and they finished within minutes of arrival. Luhan sits down while he waits for Tao to finish up his procedure at the counter, and pulls out his phone, noticing a missed call and one new text message; they were both from Kris.

"Hey, did you finish yet? Doesn't matter anyway because class actually got cancelled today. Where are you now?", Luhan reads Kris' text silently.

"I'm still at the student center. I just finished paying and Tao is with me, he's almost done. Where do you want to go eat lunch then?", Luhan presses send. Few moments later, the text message alert tone rings on Luhan's phone.

"Who is it?", Tao finished his procedure and walks over to join Luhan on the bench. 

"It's Kris, he want to go eat lunch. Let me check the text."

"Ohh, Tao's with you?... Tell him to come with us, the more the merrier n_n", Luhan cringes at Kris' use of a cute emoticon. How are you so mature looking but use these kinds of emoticons to communite with me. Stupid cousin. Luhan has noticed that Kris has been more open and cheery since Tao moved into the next door dorm apartment two months ago. Like the two of them, Tao is an international student, but three years younger than them. Despite the age difference, Tao is actually very smart and excel in film studies so he ended up being put into the same year as Kris and Luhan. 

Another text came, "So what about Soon Tofu in 10 minutes? See you there~~". Really, tildes now too? Why Kris, why?

"What did he say?"

"He said Soon Tofu in ten minutes. It'll take up 5 minutes to walk there but let's go anyway."

"Okay", Tao chimes and tugs Luhan by the arm, dragging him towards the door.

"I'm walking, I'm walking", Luhan can't help but smile at his dongsaeng's cuteness, and the two walk back out into the sun's warmth.