Nostalgic

T I M E M A C H I N E

 

Flashback

"Yuri!"

 

As soon as Yuri heard the excited voice behind her, Yuri's trouble look was on her face as she mouthed the words 'oh crap'. She puts back the mask on her face again and started running, leaving the kids that was circling her a while ago, dumbfounded and confuse seeing how the pretty noona or unnie changed form into a rabbit. 

 

"Y-YAH YURI!"

 

Yuri quickly fastens her pace when she realize that the person was followng her. "YURI! JUST STOP FOR A WHILE!" The person still shouted her name, Yuri can only look behind her, she peaked through the two holes on her mask and she was a bit surprised seeing the person ran quickly towards her and now he was only and inch away to capture her. "!" she cursed as she fasten her pace again. She was running through the amusement park that day, ignoring all the giggles and chuckles she got when people saw her running around with her bunny costume on.

 

She turn left only to find her bumping with another mascot, this time it was a green elephant. She fell to the ground as her mask fall from hear head. He quickly got up, grabs her bunny mask, ignoring the kids that shouted 'LOOK IT'S A BUNNY!' and she started to run again. But she was too late as the guy who chased her a moment ago bumped into her, and again, she fell to the ground only to find her face inches away from the guy.

 

Both of them was in silence as they stared at each other's eyes for a while. 

 

"ehem.." a clear throat was heard from the green elephant, they both look up only to find many pairs of little eyes staring at them. Realizing that their position wasn't looking really comfortable, especially to the little ones, they quickly got up and dust off their clothes. The elephant, even though they can't see, only rolled his eyes and continue to play with the younger ones.

 

Not long enough, after the elephant and the children was gone from their sight, one of them broke their awkward silence.

 

"Yul, why'd you run away?" 

 

Yuri looked up to him who is now looking at her with a confuse face. The person looks innocent, Yuri knows that he wasn't a bad guy and of course, that wasn't the reason why he was running away from him when he called her, and to be honest, Yuri cherished this person so much. But everytime he gets closer to her, Yuri's heart started to beat so fast and she can't control it. Their meeting place was at the amusement park since both of them worked there.

 

Yuri looked down and bit her bottom lip, confuse about what to answer to this person. The other lad the found his eye on the bunny mask that's lying on the ground, he smiled as he grab the mask. Yuri watch his movements, and all she can think of that his smile is really charming. His killer smile, his bone cheeks, his black messy hair and his stare, it was so charming. He dust off the dust from her mask and chuckled softly. 

 

"what?"

"nothing, it's just, you look cute wearing this" 

"..."

 

Yuri was never agreed to wear this costume in the first place, usually whenever she works, her boss always gives her the Princesses role. But now, since her boss hired a new one, she was forced to wear this piece of costume or else, she just gets fired.

 

"I had no choice you know.." she whispered, taking her mask from the guy's hand, "what are you even doing here? aren't you suppossed to be outside? Those kids won't come inside this place without balloons in their hands you know.."

 

The balloon boy smiled from ear to ear, He took out a little blue box from his pocket and handed it to her. Yuri could only stared at the box, "what's this?" 

 

"is your birthday right?" 

 

Yuri looked up to the guy who's now grinning at her. She opens the little box and her face became suprised. Inside it, there was a keychain with, supposedly, a little blue balloon dangling on it. The present wasn't that glamour nor expensive, but this little present, this little keychain was becoming one of her important things in her life. For once in her life, other than her sister Seohyun and her parents, someone gave her a birthday present. So the little keychain and this moment was important for her, she wouldn't lose the keychain in any circumstances. 

 

The balloon boy suddenly stretched his hands, wiping the warm liquid that was on Yuri's cheeks. Without her notice, she was crying, crying because she's happy. She was so happy that she doesn't even realize her tears fall from her eyes already, she never felt anything like this with other person. She was speechless, she ddoesn't know what she should say to him. 

 

"hey don't cry.." She heard his husky voice, he was still touching her cheeks, he was looking into her eyes again. Yuri quickly hugs his waist, "t-thank you..." she said and even she can't see him, he was smiling as he hugged her back. 

 

That was when something pops on Yuri's mind. He cherished her too. She was just too dense to realize it.

End Of Flashback

 

The sound of the alarm clock wakes her up as she realize all of that beautiful scene was just another memory that came into her dream. Yuri sat up from her bed as she brushed her hair with her delicate fingers. She remembered that today was her birthday but there was no sign of excitement on her face at all. She glared at her bedside table drawer and she opens it. She took out a small blue box, the same box that was on her dream. She stared at it, hesitate to open it or not, she keep asking to herself about the dream she just had. She hugged the box into her chest as she closed her eyes, trying to remember that day.

 

"Yesung..."

 

She missed him, so much. 

 

 

 

 

"Just pull up here sir"

 

Last night, Tiffany has just arrived to her hometown. As soon as her foot stepped on the airport floor, she couldn't help but feel that she's home even if she just had jet lag after such a long flight. She miss the place so much, the place where everything meant a lot to her, the place where her precious memories are. The place where she get to know him so well.

 

Just before Tiffany walked out of the cab, she looked at the view behind those dark window. She can see the beautiful park was covered by the snow and children are showing their happy faces while playing like they don't have any burden in their life and the next thing she know, she was looking at an old couple walking side by side, smiles were on their faces as they try to keep each other warm. Tiffany let out a small bitter smile. Seeing that sight reminds her of something she said a long time ago.

 

"That'll be 5,200 Won Miss"

 

The cab driver woke her up, Tiffany forgots that she haven't walked out of the cab. "oh right.." She took out a 30 won from her purse and gave it to him, "just keep the change and thank you" she smiled as she walks out of the taxi. 

 

"oh no, thank you to you Miss" 

 

She opens her umbrella that she's been holding and holds it in her hands. She look around. The park didn't changed that much, she remembered how it looked like 3 years ago. It's still the same. It's still looked like the place she spent the most when she was in Korea. It's still the place where she first met him. It's the place where she gets to see his amusing smile.

 

That day. That book. That eye contact. That dimple smile.

 

The scene was still replaying on her mind and of course, she wouldn't want to forget the smile that made her heart beating so fast. It was then when Tiffany believes in love at first sight.

 

Tiffany fell in love with him. And she loves the idea of falling in love with him.

 

She chuckled to herself thinking that everything was so perfect before. Her expression then changes, as she remembers the moment she'd forgot the most.

 

"I wonder if it still there.." She whispered.

 

She walk around the park, looking up to every trees that she passes by. Her steps were stopped when she saw a big tree that now, only has branches in it and the snow did not fail to make the tree looked completely different than she remembered. Tiffany let out a small breath and walked closer to the tree. She stretched out her hand, slowly dusting off the snow that's covering the body of this tree. She smiled bitterly when she found the a heart shaped scratch on the tree with an initial 'S+T' inside it. She now remembers perfectly how that came out like that. 

 

The gigles, the happy faces, the brown leaves that keeps falling down right to their faces. She remembers it. She looked so happy that time. 

 

Tiffany let out a small chuckled as she remembered that time. She wonders to herself, wondering about why did she let all of that go? why did she let that perfect moment slip out of her hands? wasn't she happy, being with him? Tiffany doesn't know how to answer all of it. "why Tiffany?" She asked herself.

 

Suddenly, Tiffany heard a small sobs coming from not far from the tree. She took a peek and saw a figure seating all alone on a bench that was not far from where Tiffany was standing, She was crunching her white flowy gown and crying. The tears kept falling from her eyes to her beautiful dress, making a small stained of tears on it. For Tiffany, the woman looked like a lonely lost bride. Tiffany was about to approach her until she saw the woman kneeled down and screaming her heart out and the next thing Tiffany knows, the woman fell to the snowy ground and lost her conscious.

 

 

 

 

"Hello?"

"Kyuhyun-hyung!"

 

Kyuhyun sat up quickly as he heard his brother's voice on the other line. He grunt in pain as he felt a huge burden on his head, he was just woke up after a really heavy night. He fell asleep on the couch and he was only wearing the white shirt and the black pants from the perfectly tuxedo he wore the other day, who knows where the bow tie and the blazer had gone. When he looked at his surroundings, He wasn't at his apartment, he was at Donghae's. 

 

Last night, Kyuhyun decided to go to a bar and have a small drink, just to forget everything that happened in the day. He kept drinking and drinking and the next thing he knows, he ended up drinking 7 shots of tequila. Good thing his best friends, Donghae and Eunhyuk, knows where he would be at that kind of moment. 

 

"hyung are you okay?" the other line said making Kyuhyun realized that he's still had a phone in his hand. Kyuhyun closed his eyes as he massage his forehead with his free hand, "y-yeah I'm fine" he said with his husky voice. "well you don't sound like it" Kyuhyun just sighed hearing the worried voice of his little brother, "I'm fine, really." he said plainly.

 

"oh okay, anyway hyung, Ahra-noona told me about the wedding yesterday"

 

Kyuhyun's eyes was wide open when he hard the word wedding. Maybe from now on, He would probably be frozen if he heard that word.

 

"it doesn't go the way it should huh?" He heard his brother's worried voice. Kyuhyun smiled a little. This little rascal, despite how his personality is similar to Kyuhyun himself, the choding and evil type of person, he's still cares for his big bro even when he's overseas. 

 

Kyuhyun was born as the middle kid. He decided to studying in medical school in Seoul since he thinks that going overseas are just too big for him and now Kyuhyun's dream of becoming a doctor came true and he had been doing it for 3 years. His big sister, Cho Ahra, she was just back from Australia after 5 years of studying about fashion design in there and now since she graduated, she decided to come back to Korea and started fresh again. And as for Kyuhyun's little brother, Cho Chanyeol, he is now studying about arts and musics overseas in The States. He's been there for the whole 9 months and Kyuhyun couldn't lie to himself that he missed goofing around with that younger version of him. 

 

"hyung? are you sure you're okay?" 

"I'm fine, I just, well, I just think that maybe what happened yesterday-"

"don't even think that way hyung"

 

Kyuhyun scoffed a little, "are you going to give me some of your love speech?" he knew that in another seconds, his brother would gave him a lecture about love, the only thing that Kyuhyun hated from that little guy.

 

"just hear me out hyung" Chanyeol said with his serious, but still heard like a whinning, voice. Kyuhyun had no other choice, though, Chanyeol sometimes gave him a good speeches even if it's pretty annoying.

 

"you love her, and from the way she looks at you, there's no doubt that she love you too. Everyone even said that you guys were meant to be cause you both have a lot in common. And from the story that you told me about how you purpose to her, and her reaction when you just kneeled down to say those 4 words, it's pretty obvious that she really want to spend her life with you hyung." Kyuhyun kept on listening to his dongsaeng, the smirked that was on his face turned into a frown as he remembers how he purpose to her.

 

It was a simple porposal, he was planning to have a dinner with her that night and it just happens that the dinner was on the only place they both knew well, the place where he built this collage for her and he confessed his love for her in there, and adding a table for two in front of it with a fancy candlelight on it and a vase with white rose in it placed right in the center of the table, did not fail to make the place looked stunning like other expensive restaurants. Kyuhyun decided to purpose to her right after dinner, and when the dinner's done, it was time for Kyuhyun to put on his show, porposing to her. Kyuhyun began with telling her how he loves her so much and how he thinks that the realtionship was more special that he taught it would be and without any hesitation, he kneeled down in front of her while holding on a smal box with a ring inside it and said those words 'weirdo, will you marry me?' she was burst into tears and he couldn't say anything besides 'yes yes yes i will!' and Kyuhyun couldn't be happier.

 

But now, all that he could think of, that special night was a mistake. A big mistake.

 

"hyung..." Kyuhyun snapped back to reality, shaking the taught he just had. "hyung, don't thnk of you porposing as a mistake. Maybe she was just nervous or she had a lot to think about that's why she left. And turst me on this one.. Yoona-noona still loves you even if she walked out on you."

 

The last sentences that he heard made him paused. Questions are popping into his head, he was a bit confused about how Yoona still loved him when she just ran away from him, leaving him on the aisle all by himself. And more importantly, he waited for her in the place where the two of them only knew, because he thinks that she would headed there and found him and everything will go like it should, but she didn't showed up.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled a little "how could be so sure about that? are you some kind of love doctor for knowing things like this?" Kyuhyun tried to lighten up the mood, his paused was making the aura a little tense.

 

"YAH HYUNG! Stop making fun of me! I'm trying to help you here!" Chanyeol half shouted, and yes, he was back to his choding self again after giving such a long speech to his big brother.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled again "arasso arasso. Thanks Chanyeol" 

"ah hyung, I gotta go, class is going to start. Tell mom and Ahra-noona I say hi" 

"neh" and with that they both hung up the phone.  

 

"is that Chanyeol?" 

 

Kyuhyun turned to the kitchen where he found Donghae pouring milk to the glass, "yep" said Kyuhyun as he placed his phone on the table and leaned back to the couch. 

 

"how is he? it's been a while since I saw him" Dongahe said, his eyes was still fixed on pouring the milk. "he's fine, still the same Chanyeol, calling me only to gave me this love lectures" Kyuhyun said plainly and Donghae just nodded while taking a sip from the milk.

 

"so,what are you going to do now Kyu?" 

"avoid everything, you know not going to work and-"

"not that, I mean, what are you going to do about.. You know?" 

 

Kyuhyun just sigh after realizing what his best friend meant. To be honest, he doesn't know what to do now. Evrything was just too much for him, Yoona, the fail wedding, all of it was just making him confuse. 

 

"I-I don't know.. I don't really know" 

 

 

 

 

Rose petals was sccatered all over the floor, it was part of the act that Jessica had to do. She was the main lead of the play and she was ok with playing the modern version of Cinderella. It was a surprised that the theater club wanted to bring the classic fairytales to the stage, and when Jessica heard what the play is about, she couldn't be happier to know that it was Cinderella.

 

"Can I have this dance?"

"sure your majesty"

 

Jessica took the other's hand as they both made their way to the center of the stage. The extras were moving aside and make them both the center of attention. With the spotlight on, the music started to play and the prince stratched out his hand to offer her a dance. Jessica paused after she heard what has been playing as the background music. Though, she took his hand nevertheless, and they both started to dance and sway with the melody.

 

There you stand, opened heart, opened doors
Full of life with a world that's wanting more

 

The memories of him were beginning to play on her mind as Jessica twriled and back to the other hand again.

 

But I can see when the lights start to fade
The day is done and your smile has gone away

 

Jessica remembers the rose petals that scatered all over the floor in her apartment and it leads her to him. 

 

Let me raise you up
Let me be your love

 

She remember how she find him with a guitar on his hand and grinning widely saying the word 'Surprise!'.

 

 

May I hold you as you fall to sleep
When the world is closing in
And you can't breathe here
May I love you, may I be your shield
When no one can be found
May I lay you down

 

Standing applauses were coming from the 2 people that watches the play in the audience seat as they just watch how beautiful the dancing scene was, "Bravo bravo! great rehearsal everyone!" said the blond glasses woman who seemed to be the teacher that's responsable for the theater club. Jessica smiled widely and bowed, it was their first rehearsal in this scene but it turns out to be really good. 

 

"that's enough for today everyone, rehearsal continues tomorrow" said the woman. 

 

Everyone was sigh in relief as they all gathered their belongings, Jessica went to the backstage to gather her things only to be greeted by the smiling faces of her co-stars.

 

"Jessica great job with the dancing!" 

"you're really amazing Jessica!"

"nice job Jessica!" 

 

Jessica could only giggled, "thanks guys" she said. When she gathered all of her stuff she remembers somehing. She took out a flashdisk from her bag and went to he other side of the stage where they controls the musics.

 

"excuse me" said Jessica, "yes Jessica?" The girl with the fedora hat and blue eyes turned to her with a bright smile. "umm, can ou copy the song that played earlier. I kinda need it." Jessica handed the girl her flashdisk and the girl just nodded "oh sure sure, wait a sec okay Sica!" she said while making her way to her laptop and copy the song.

 

Jessica took a deep breath, she hope that this is the right thing for her to do this, listening to that music over and over again, reminds her of him. Remind her of the time where he was the only person that matters to her life. Jessica knew that what she did to him, and she knew that it was her fault. She wanted to fix it but she was scared. Right now, she just wanted to remembers that happy moments she shared with him. 

 

Jessica then felt a vibrate, she took out her phone from her pocket and look at the caller ID. It was 'unknown number' but without any hesitation, she pressed the green button.

 

"Hello?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N : YEAY FINALLY I'M UPDATING! whoah,took me a while to finish this, I have to re-write it for like 5 times and I just can't seemed to find the right words-_- anyway, since I was sick these days, and well I was so bored staying home so I decided to finish this chapter keke~ and oh, don't worry about the other couples that didn't showed up in here, they'll showed up i the next chapter ;D and well, since there's a lot of people asking me who's the groom and who's the bride and well, there you go, I finally put aside the anonymous and it's Yoona and Kyuhyun :p and the collage that kyuhyun built, just think of it as kyuhyun's collage in No Other MV :p about Chanyeol, I JUST HAD TO PUT HIM AS KYU'S LIL BRO! for some reason Chanyeol reminds me of Kyuhyun, they had this killer smile that I like :3 and umm, there might be other charaters that showed up in any chapters ;D If you guys are curious about the song, the song is called 'May I' by Trading Yesterday (click here to listen :DD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orJJniWRpRQ ) Thank you so much for subscribing and the comments! it really means a lot to me :'DD 

 

comment and subscribe :'D