Unknown

I Love You, Mister Stranger

banner credits to pinky861

-------------------------

As soon as I finished eating my dinner and cleaned up the kitchen, I dropped myself onto the couch and grabbed the remote. I scanned some channels looking for something that might interest me. When nothing came, I dropped the remote and just watched cartoons. But it didn’t interest me that much. My eyes suddenly landed on Jiyong who was snoring lightly on the sofa.

 

Really, this guy has changed me alright. I learned to care for people, especially to him. Maybe because he’s my friend now. Yes, I can call him my friend now.

I leaned closer to him that I found myself already kneeling on the floor just to get a closer look. When I finally realized that I was staring at him for too long, I straightened up and went back to the couch and mumbled under my breath.

 

Poke! Poke! Poke!

Aish! It’s so annoying! I waved my hand while my eyes were still closed to drive away that finger that keeps on poking on my face. When it finally stopped, I smiled and slept again.

Poke! Poke!

Aish! Really! How persistent, it’s annoying already! I slapped the hand away.

“OW!”

That sounded like Kwon Jiyong. My eyes flew open. They widened more when I found out that I’m leaning my head on his chest. My arm was around his waist and my leg is on top of his. I suddenly looked up and I wanted to shout but I couldn’t find my voice.

I WAS HUGGING KWON JIYONG WHILE I SLEPT!

“You’re finally awake,” he smiled down at me.

Finally I found my voice to shout. I jumped out of the bed and looked down at myself. Gratefully, I was still on my school uniform. I stared at him again. “Did we… did we sleep together?”

He nodded with a smile.

I blinked. “Did we… you know…”

He burst out laughing and stood in front of me. “I would never do that to you. You’re not my type.”

I glared at him. “You’re not my type either! But why were we sleeping on one bed?”

“I only have one bed,” he said matter-of-factly.

“Aish! You could have slept on the floor or on the sofa or on the couch!”

“I don’t want to. This is my house and I want to sleep comfortably.”

“Then… then…” I stammered. “You could have let me sleep on the floor instead.”

“I could never do that,” he said. “I want you to sleep comfortably too. That’s why when I woke up and found you sleeping on the couch, I carried you here.”

I nodded and screamed again.

“Aish! You scared me! What now?!” he complained.

“What time is it?!”

“8 AM,” he said.

I screamed again. “Why didn’t you wake me up?!”

“I just woke up too,” he said.

I started going to his bathroom as if I really lived here. I washed my face and used his toothbrush.

“Gross!” he complained. “How can you just use my toothbrush like that?”

“I don’t have time to go home just to brush my teeth,” I said as I was drying my face with his towel.

I ran outside and grabbed my bag lying carelessly on the couch. I started heading to the door when he caught my wrist.

“I’ll drive you to school,” he said and gave me a helmet.

 

When we arrived, I got off immediately and ran away. But I stopped on my tracks and went back to him.

“Oh, yeah, I wouldn’t be able to take care of you, okay? Next week, I don’t want to see those scars on your face,” I said and turned away but turned to him again upon remembering something. “Don’t skip meals!” I said and turned again.

“YA!” he called when I was already a few feet away.

I turned to him impatiently. “WHAT?!”

“Aren’t you going to take off that helmet?”

 

I arrived at my class late and I got scolded. Oh well, I deserved it. I couldn’t believe I actually fell asleep while I was at Kwon Jiyong’s. He didn’t wake me up. I was forced to sleepover without my knowledge. Nevertheless, he was a gentleman to not think of dirty thoughts even though we slept on one bed. If it was Youngbae, he could have taken advantage of me already. Oh well, you can’t really compare a polished diamond with a plain rock, can you?

Because I was late this morning, I wasn’t able to visit my locker to see any new messages from Daddy-Long-Legs. Well, I wasn’t expecting any because I half-believed my theory that Daddy-Long-Legs is really Kwon Jiyong. I half-believed it because Kwon Jiyong laughed on my face when I asked him if he was Daddy-Long-Legs, thus, my confidence believing that he was Daddy-Long-Legs decreased.

However, when I arrived at my locker, I was surprised to see a new note. Despite of myself, I felt disappointed. Was I really expecting that Daddy-Long-Legs is Kwon Jiyong? Aish! I don’t know anymore.

I read his note.

 

                I told you, you are not a bad friend. Kwon Jiyong might be doing those things because he wants to. You couldn’t really blame him. Anyway, just smile.

 

I smiled as he said. But it was too half-hearted.

I walked away from my locker without a reply. I frowned. I have to spend another week without Kwon Jiyong. What shall I do?

Then an idea popped in my mind. Suddenly, a grin was pasted on my face.

 

I couldn’t believe I haven’t thought about this before. Was I too preoccupied before or was I just plain stupid for not thinking about this before?

I was hiding behind a trash can when I saw someone approaching my locker. My face started to light up but then it faltered right away when he bended down to open the locker just below me. Aish! Really! I have been waiting for like half an hour already. I even didn’t attend my current class. But I didn’t care. I’m too desperate to know who Daddy-Long-Legs is.

Another half an hour passed and another guy approached my locker. This time, he stood right in front of my locker and glanced from his left and right. When he faced the direction of where I was hiding, I lowered my head so he wouldn’t see me. Nevertheless, I was able to catch his face.

A frown creased my forehead.

“He’s Daddy-Long-Legs?” I mumbled to myself. I knew that tall guy with those high cheeks somewhere. I was thinking for too long that I noticed that he just left. I quickly ran to my locker and read the note.

 

                A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad. 

 

Okay, so it wasn’t a personal message. It was one of his quotable quotes that he writes most of the time.

After I read his quote, I walked away with a deeper frown on my face. Aish! I know that I recognize that guy somewhere. As if my feet had a mind of their own, I found myself in the music room.

“Oh! I know him!” I gasped suddenly. He turned out to be one of those guys who also play the guitar as accompaniment during the choir practice. Sometimes, when piano isn’t needed which is not often though, his guitar skills come in handy. And I just remembered his name! He is known as T.O.P. though I really don’t know why he’s called that.

My face fell in disappointment. “Oh, so, he’s Daddy-Long-Legs…”

I walked around the school and looked for him. I decided to confront him and ask him why he acted as Daddy-Long-Legs. I was already looking for him for more than an hour that I grew tired already. When I finally decided to attend to one of my classes, I started heading to my locker to get some books. When I turned the corner towards my locker, I saw someone who just posted something up on it. I quickly hid and leaned on the wall. After a while, I peeked and saw T.O.P. walking away. I quickly ran towards him. I planned on jumping behind him like what I did to Kwon Jiyong but thought otherwise upon thinking how that ended up.

I caught his wrist in no time. I whirled him around and I was met with a surprise look on his face.

“Sa…Sandara Park…”

“Daddy-Long-Legs?” I asked.

His brow rose in confusion.

When I saw that, my face mirrored his expression. I was also confused seeing him react that way. “You’re not Daddy-Long-Legs?” I asked.

“Daddy-Long-Legs?” he asked in that deep voice of his. “You are reading way too many novels, Sandara.”

I loosened my grip on his wrist. “Didn’t you just stick up a note on my locker?”

His expression suddenly changed, it looked like he has just seen a ghost. “Oh… oh… that… I…” he stammered and ran away.

“Aish!” I exclaimed in frustration.

Okay, I changed my mind. I don’t want to go to class anymore. I would stay here behind this smelly trash can just to catch Daddy-Long-Legs. All day though, it was only T.O.P. who kept on coming back to my locker to stick up notes. When he leaves, I would get the notes and keep it after reading it. I didn’t waste my time going after him. I already knew he’s not Daddy-Long-Legs. Just by looking at how he reacted when I asked if he was indeed Daddy-Long-Legs explains the fact that he is in fact not him.

Second day…

I refused to enter class again today. It was around two in the afternoon when I heard my stomach grumble. Aish! I can’t risk leaving this spot. Maybe the real Daddy-Long-Legs would return and not ask T.O.P. to post those notes.

But I can’t take it. I’m too hungry. When I decided to stand up and get something to eat from the cafeteria, someone approached my locker. This time, it isn’t T.O.P. anymore. He had blonde hair and small eyes. Without hesitation, I ran after him when he walked away. I caught his wrist and made him face me.

“Daddy-Long-Legs?” I asked.

“What?” he asked back and shook his head. “You might have mistaken me for another person. My name’s Daesung.”

I let go of his wrist but before he left, I asked him. “Do you know me?”

He creased his forehead and shook his head.

“Just a while ago, you posted something on my locker,” I paused to see his reaction. Unlike T.O.P., he didn’t widen his eyes in horror, instead, I noticed him blanching in fear but he tried to not make it obvious and smiled coolly causing his eyes to disappear in a cute eye-smile. “Who asked you to do that?”

He shook his head frantically, refusing to answer.

“Tell me!” I exclaimed. He’s already in fear; why not take advantage of it? He can lead me to Daddy-Long-Legs.

He looked behind him without saying anything.

It was now my turn to go pale. I saw Youngbae looking back to me with those eyes.

I ran away from this Daesung guy and approached Youngbae. Thankfully, Jina isn’t with him.

“Are you Daddy-Long-Legs?” I asked him. Despite of myself, I felt my heart pounding hardly inside my chest. I don’t know what I feel right now exactly. But I’m quite sure that I don’t want him to be Daddy-Long-Legs.

“What?” he asked in disbelief.

“Are you Daddy-Long-Legs?” I repeated.

He laughed so hard. “We just broke up weeks ago and you’re being like this already? I think you just want to talk to me and with that head of yours, you couldn’t think of anything more to say but ask me if I’m Daddy-Long-Legs. Are you stupid or something? Really! I was right thinking that just spending a day with that Kwon Jiyong makes you stupid just like him.”

Unbelievable! So unbelievable!

My temper already got the most of it. I felt my face reddened with anger. How could he call Kwon Jiyong stupid AGAIN?!

My hand automatically flew to his face. My slap was too strong that he was thrown to the ground.

“You!” I exclaimed, voice echoing in the hallway. I don’t care anymore if students are staring at me. “You can call me stupid all you want! BUT DON’T YOU EVER CALL KWON JIYONG STUPID AGAIN!”

I stomped away from him.

Okay! That was a relief. Good thing he isn’t Daddy-Long-Legs! GOOD THING HE’S NOT THE UNKNOWN MAN I FALLEN IN LOVE TO.

I found myself lying on the piano again. My tears continuously flow from my eyes. Yes, I think I fell in love with Daddy-Long-Legs. Is there any way to explain how I feel the happiest just the sight of his note on my locker? Is there any way to explain how I desperately want to know who he is? Is there any way to explain how he manages to make me smile by merely writing me those notes?

AISH! REALLY! I’m a fool for love. I don’t know, I’m not sure myself. I need an answer. Am I really in love with this unknown man? Is that even possible?

I want to know him so badly! I want to see him so badly!

I straightened up. But, maybe I know him. Maybe by face, or by name, or he’s some kind of a classmate I had when we were in kindergarten or primary school but we’ve grown apart when I became y.

AISH! I wanted to shout! I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs so he can hear me. But I didn’t do that. I just lied down again and just stared at the ceiling. After a while, I fell asleep.

When I woke up after a while, the sun has already set. I sat up expecting a note. And I was right. He wrote me another note. And I smiled down at it.

 

 

-----------------------------------

Author's Note:

haha.. did you see that one coming? LOL..


TEASER~~~

I thought I already gave up finding out who Daddy-Long-Legs is but I found myself hiding again behind the trash can. I had a strong feeling that this time, it wouldn't be T.O.P. or Daesung who would post those notes. I have a very strong feeling that this time, Daddy-Long-Legs will be the one who will post them today.

"What are you doing?!" a voice came up behind me making me jump.

------------------------

*someone asked me when will Daddy-Long-Legs be revealed.

i'm sorry, but i'm not really sure. kekeke, maybe next chapter. :D but honestly, i'm not really sure. LOL


xoxo
zeyniiDara

PS: i'm overwhelmed by how you react on my fic. it inspires me to write more. *teary-eyed*