Revelation

I Love You, Mister Stranger

 

DAN DAN DAN DAN...

get ready.... kekeke

---------------------

 

I finally arrived at the bike shop the ahjussi was talking about. I must say, though, that crept me out. The street was too dark and scary that along the way, I was silently praying that there will be no creepy things crawling out of the dark corners of the street. So when I arrived at the shop, I breathed a sigh of relief that I immediately caught the owner’s attention.

The shop was simple – a few motorbikes in display, a few motorbike accessories, a few helmets. I went to the helmets section and carefully peered on each of them. I was struggling with my loads, though. I regretted not having to leave these things with Jiyong. I was too preoccupied of buying him a helmet that I forgot I was bringing the box of cake with me and the guitar behind me.

“What is it?” the owner said behind me making me jump.

“Oh, I want to buy this,” I said handing him a specific helmet which looked exactly like Jiyong’s, except that it looked new and shinier.

He brought it to the counter. “That would be 955000 won.”

I looked up to him. “You serious?”

“This is especially imported, miss.”

“Oh, okay,” I said grabbing my wallet and took out my money. I counted it and found out I was short. I slowly looked up to him. “I’m short of cash. Can I pay it later? I’ll promise to be back tomorrow. I just have to withdraw money from the bank. But since it’s nighttime already, the banks are now closed.”

“Why don’t you just come back tomorrow instead?”

“But I need it now.”

“Miss, you can’t do that. Although we believe that customers are always right, we can’t be too sure these days.”

I looked at the helmet longingly. An idea popped into my mind. “I’ll sell this cake. Although I wouldn’t cover up the balance, I’ll be sure to come back. Please just trust me.”

He chuckled humorlessly. “What do you think will I do with that cake, eh?”

“Please?” I pleaded. “I’ll plead on my knees just to make you say yes.”

He stared at me. Gaaah! I can’t believe I’m doing this.

I started dropping on my knees.

“Okay, stop it now,” he said.

My face lit up.

“I’ll accept other bargains,” he said instead. I thought for a good one when he spoke up again. “That locket looks expensive.”

My eyes widened. I stared at the locket freely hanging on my neck and back to him. I shook my head frantically.

“No? Then, how about that guitar?”

I blinked at him. I shook my head again. “They’re gifts.”

His brows rose. “Gifts, you say? So, it’s your birthday?”

I nodded slowly.

“Hmmm…” he thought deeply. “Since you’re a beautiful girl…”

I looked up.

“…and it’s you’re birthday today….”

A smile started curving up my lips.

“…then, I’ll give this to you as a gift.”

I squealed in excitement. I wanted to hug this ahjussi but I know it’s inappropriate. I skipped out of the shop excitedly while humming tunelessly to myself. Though my loads were added and though I have to pass the scary and dark street again, I didn’t mind, I was happy.

“You look glad, miss,” a voice said behind me.

I turned to him and met a scary-looking guy. His head was shaven and had a scar across his right eye.

I quickly turned away and started to run when he caught me by the wrist.

“Are you in a hurry?” I turned to him only to find out it wasn’t the same guy. This one looked like he hasn’t showered for a long time with his long and bushy hair.

I struggled to get free but his grip was too tight that it already hurt.

“Why don’t you play with us first?” the bald guy appeared on my side, he caressed my face and I flinched.

“Don’t touch me!” I shouted.

“Why?” the other one said.

They were both trapping me in between them so I don’t have anywhere to run. I trembled in fear and I felt cold sweat dripping from my forehead.

“Oh, so it’s your birthday today?” the bushy guy asked.

“A perfect day to play,” the bald guy said.

He started advancing to me. I stepped back only to find out that the bushy-haired guy was behind me. I’m trapped. I’m dead.

The bald guy caught both of my wrists and trapped me to the wall. I struggled that the cake and the helmet fell to the ground. Despite myself, I was more worried that the helmet would get a scratch or a crack. It’s new after all. I also felt the guitar gave a thud when I was trapped to the wall.

“Don’t touch me!” I struggled again. But he was strong.

His head cocked to the side and he started nearing. He was too near that I can smell his stinky breath.

I panicked. I didn’t know what to do. I did the only thing I have in mind. “KWON JIYOOOOOONG!!!”

As if on cue, I heard the rumbling of a motor bike and in just a blink of an eye, the bald guy was sent flying to the other side of the street. I had my eyes wide open when I realized that Jiyong bumped the guy with his bike. The bushy-haired guy advanced towards him and gave him a punch when he dodged it effortlessly.

I closed my eyes when I heard the grunts and groans of Jiyong when the bushy-haired guy returned a punch to him. I didn’t want to witness a fight. I didn’t want to witness him get hurt because of me again.

I wasn’t helpful to him. I was weak. I don’t know what to do. I wanted to shout more, but what would it do?

After a while, I felt strong arms hugging me at the same time the grunts and groans stopped. I felt a tear on my cheek when I felt the familiar feeling of being in these arms. I sighed in relief. But instead of feeling his warmth, all I could feel is something cold against my skin. I opened my eyes and was shocked of what I saw hanging from his neck. I looked down on my locket and looked back at his. It was exactly the same. My mind started to race with thoughts.

“Are you alright?” he whispered, interrupting my thoughts. “I was worried when I found you gone.”

I looked up to him. I felt him tremble. Was he scared? Was he scared because I was gone?

“Don’t make me worry again,” he said.

 

That night, we were drinking.

“It’s too sad that we don’t have a cake anymore,” he opened.

I nodded carefully, still unable to look him in the eyes.

“What were you doing there anyway?”

As if it made me remember, I straightened up and gave him the helmet I bought.

“What’s this?” he asked.

I was thinking of giving him a sarcastic comment but thought otherwise. “I felt sorry I got a crack on your helmet, so I bought you another.”

“I told you it’s alright,” he said. “If it weren’t for this, you wouldn’t be in trouble.”

“Let’s not talk about it,” I said, gulping a glass of wine in one go.

While drinking, we were talking about our lives. I told him how my parents got into the accident where my mom died and my dad got into coma and eventually died. While in his case, I found out that his father was working abroad and he sends him money. I asked him why he didn’t go with him. He just said that he didn’t want to live abroad. He also said that he has a little sister who’s with their father.

After a while, he was too drunk that he fell asleep on the sofa AGAIN. I was tolerant with alcohol that I didn’t feel teeny bit drunkenness in me. I stared at his peaceful face as he was snoring lightly. Like I did before, I knelt on the ground and inspected his face. When I saw each of the details of his face, my eyes run down to his neck. I noticed that the locket was freely hanging now.

Without hesitation, I carefully and gently grabbed his locket and opened it.

When I saw what’s inside, my lips automatically curved. It was just like what Daddy-Long-Legs described. He has the same as mine and inside was my picture.

I closed the locket and stood up. I went to his room and grabbed a blanket. I went back to the living room and wrapped the blanket around him.

I grabbed my bag and smiled down at him, “Good night, Daddy-Long-Legs.”

 

A persistent ringing…

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Aish! Really!

Ring! Ring! Ring!

I sleepily searched for my phone and answered it.

“Hel-“

“DARAAA! WHERE ARE YOU?!” it was Jiyong.

I sat up rubbing my eyes. “AISH! It’s still early in the morning and you’re shouting already! You’re hurting my ear!”

“WHERE ARE YOU? TELL ME!”

“You’re overreacting, Jiyong. You were drunk last night so you fell asleep. So I went home,” I clearly said.

“I TOLD YOU NOT TO MAKE ME WORRY AGAIN!”

I chuckled. In no time, I was already laughing hard that I think I’m hurting his ear too.

“What’s wrong with you?” he asked.

“Okay, see you at school.”

 

When I arrived at school, I expected a note. And he never failed me.

 

How was your birthday?

 

I chuckled. “You would know,” I silently said.

I went straight to the music room. I don’t know, but I felt like playing the piano and singing with it. I grabbed the music sheet I and Daddy-Long-Legs composed and started to play.

 

Yes, smile so happiness will come

Yes, smile so the love can come into my embrace

Even all the dreams like the stars in the sky

 

Yes, get up- don’t collapse

Yes, get up- even if it’s one step per day

Even if it’s a slow walk- it’s okay

 

When tears form in my eyes

When tears flow on my cheeks

Cry out loudly- the sadness will be shocked and run away

 

When my heart is crumbling

When my heart is so in pain

Laugh loudly- so hope can come find me

 

Now it’s ok- I can laugh

Now it’s ok- only if I am with you

Because when I’m tired, I can rest

 

Even if it’s a bit high, I can climb over it

Even if my road is blocked, I can go around it

Never stop in that one place

 

When tears form in my eyes

When tears flow on my cheeks

Cry out loudly- the sadness will be shocked and run away

 

When my heart is crumbling

When my heart is so in pain

Laugh loudly- so hope can come find me

 

Spread out your arms widely

 

I may fall down but that’s not failure

Just brush it off lightly- I’m not crying

Because I can just get up and run again

 

Sometimes I can smile for love

Sometimes I can cry for love

Because everything will make me stronger

 

Sometimes I risk it all for love

Sometimes I regret because of love

But it’s ok- I will dream again today

And set out to the road

 

When I finished, a smile was on my face. My thoughts drifted to Kwon Jiyong. I was amazed how I didn’t see through him. He was actually doing a good job acting as Daddy-Long-Legs. Or is it just me? Maybe I was plain stupid not to see through him. Aish!

But, wow! I actually fell in love with Jiyong. I was too blinded by the white lie I kept on telling myself that I fell in love with Daddy-Long-Legs when in fact, seeing Daddy-Long-Legs in Jiyong made me fall for my friend. I admit, I found it impossible to fall in love with an unknown person who writes you notes. But I convinced myself that I’m really in love with Daddy-Long-Legs. Maybe I wasn’t ready to admit my feelings for Jiyong just yet. I didn’t even notice that it was Kwon Jiyong whom I fell in love to. His actions, his promises of staying by my side, his lame jokes, they all make me happy. He makes me happy. He makes me feel warmth. He makes me feel that I’m not alone. He was the only one who made me feel this way. And I know… he’s the one.

An idea popped in my mind. A smile curved my lips and I ran excitedly towards my locker. After I wrote the note, I looked for a specific number on my phone and didn't hesitate to text it.

 

HIS POV

 

It’s still the first class this morning but I was actually feeling tired already. Maybe it was because of last night. I admit, I got drunk and I wasn’t conscious of anything I was telling Dara. Did I just tell her my secret? No! That should not be the case. I shook my head frantically and pulled my hair when I heard my phone beep.

 

I confessed to Daddy-Long Legs.

 

Okay, so that was a bit random. I keyed in a reply.

 

How is that possible? You don’t know the guy. He must be a bad guy, you know?

 

After a while, she replied.

 

I know he’s not a bad guy. It’s like I know him already. I know he’s good. Anyway, I just fell in love with him. So, you can’t tell me what to feel.

 

So stubborn, I thought.

---------------

Unnie's Note:

Because i was gone for too long, i decided for a double-update. kekeke. Peace and love!!

 

Teaser:

I wasn't actually intending to see him hurting like this. But my stupid and reckless actions caused this. I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't be this stupid in the first place...

--------------------

PS: i can already see the ending. WAAAA. :((( wanna hear your thoughts. comment below. :)