2. Woodworking [Practicing Your Craft with D.O]

EXO Drabbles

She swept the wood shavings scattered across the floor into a small pile, then into the dust pan.

 

“Ah, you're already done,” a familiar voice said.

 

“Kyungsoo!” She looked up from her cleaning surprised at the sight of her normally very busy boyfriend.

 

“Just thought I drop by,” he said, running his fingers over her newest creation. He smiled. “Nice side table.”

 

“What color do you want it to be?” she asked, going back to her cleaning.

 

Kyungsoo furrowed his brow. “Um, I don't know. Whatever you like, I guess.”

 

She bent down to pick up the dust pan and tossed the wood shavings in the trash. “More like whatever you like.” She looked up to him. “I made it for you.”

 

Somehow his large eyes increased in size. “For me? Really?” he asked.

 

Shyly, she nodded and went to put the broom up. “You do like it, right?” she called to him.

 

“It's amazing,” Kyungsoo replied. “How do you make these?” He bent down beside the small table and ran his fingers over the smooth, sanded wood.

 

“It's just a little something my dad taught me,” she said. Before Kyungsoo came, she was worried he would not care for the piece of furniture she crafted as a gift for him. Now, a smile played on her lips while she put her tools up.