Chapter 5: Trapped Between Worlds

Into Your World (Angel)

 

Tiffany is an angel from above who was sent by HIM. And that she’s there to help Kyuhyun and Sooyoung. But there are abilities that you must know about her. She can hear any prayers concerning both Sooyoung and Kyuhyun. And when she does, she’s the one who sends it above for HIM to hear. Whenever a bell chimes, HE talks to Tiffany. Her role is probably the most important in this journey.

****

“WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?” Mr. Choi yelled at one of his workers. “S-sir… Miss Sooyoung got into an a-accident. She’s still in the hospital….u-unconscious Sir.” The worker was scared.

“Hmph. Pays right for doing such a sloppy job. Now get out of here!” Mr. Choi shouted again. “But Sir! There’s something more.” The worker added. Mr. Choi then turned to face the employee.

“It seems that the Busan branch informed us that Yoona-ssi and Changmin-ssi left with a booked flight. There’s a high probability that they are already in Seoul. Knowing Yoona-ssi, she came here to see her sister. “the worker explained.

Mr. Choi’s eyes grew wider and redder. “THAT GIRL! How dare she disobey my rule of not coming here! She too is going to pay for her wrongs.” He said before lighting a cigarette. “You!” he pointed at the worker. “Search every part of Seoul! Find her and Changmin and bring them to ME.” He demanded.

“Y-yes!” the worker bowed before running out the door.

****

Sooyoung slowly started to wake up. “Haiii” she yawned. “Wait.. where am I again?” she thought. She then notices that her head wasn’t on a pillow. It felt rather bulky and not that soft.

“Ahhh!” she screamed as she pushed Kyuhyun off the bed.

Tiffany came rushing in, worrying. “Is everything alright?” she quickly asked. But when she saw Sooyoung with eyes full of fright and Kyuhyun on the floor rubbing his back, she began to burst into laughter. “HAHAHA you guys are really funny!” she said wiping a tear from eyes.

“Aish Sooyoung-ah! Why’d you do that?” he retorted. “What? It’s not my fault I become defensive after finding out I was sleeping next to a boy!”  she said. “I just fell asleep right away, not knowing where I fell on!” Kyuhyun said in defense. “Anyway, I didn’t do anything to you!”

“Okay okay. You guys stop it now. Now that you two are awake, we can finally have our talk.” Tiffany said. Sooyoung then noticed her. “Oh it’s you. I’m sorry about what I said earlier.” A guilty Sooyoung apologized. “Nahh. Don’t worry about it! If it wasn’t for him you wouldn’t be here right now. Go thank Him!” Tiffany winked then left the room.

“Huh?” Sooyoung was kind of confused by what she said. She then turned to Kyuhyun. “What does she mean by that?” she asked him.

Kyuhyun ignored her and got up. “Hey! I’m talking to you!” Sooyoung yelled at him. He just smirked as he went out the door. “Paboya!” She shouted. “Hmph.”

Soon, Sooyoung also went out to find a bonfire being lit up by Tiffany and her eyes wandered to see Kyuhyun looking down on Seoul.

“Okay guys, the fire’s ready!” Tiffany called them. Kyuhyun and Sooyoung sat next together as told by Tiffany to do so.

“So guys, I haven’t introduced who I am really am yet.” She told them honestly. The two clueless people  raised their eyebrows. “What do you mea n?” Sooyoung asked.

“You see, I’m not like you. I’m an angel sent by HIM to guide you two.” Tiffany said while pointing at the starry sky.  Both Kyuhyun and Sooyoung’s eyes were wide open.

Tiffany just smiled. “You two though, you’re wandering spirits. Not an angel, not a human, well at least not in your physical body.”

“Wait, by physical, what do you mean?” Kyuhyun asked. “Your real bodies are still at the hospital, lying there, unconscious.” Tiffany told them.

“Really? What happened to us by the way?” Sooyoung asked this time. “Hmm…it seems that both of you don’t remember what happened. You two were involved in an accident. Sooyoung’s car lost control while it hit Kyuhyun’s food stall. And now, you’re here.” She explained.

“Oh. Then why don’t we go back to the hospital and go back to our bodies.” Sooyoung said enthusiastically but Tiffany only shook her head. “Is something not right?” Kyuhyun asked.

“It’s just that, going back to your bodies, it’s not as easy as it seems. Plus, you two, we have to be careful. Both of you are trapped in a world which isn’t Earth or Heaven. Yes we could go to the hospital, but you can’t directly synchronize with your bodies. You need HIS help. Oh and, you guys can’t interact with any human beings. Animals yes, your friends, no. There are other spirits wandering actually, but some are dangerous.” She explained even further.

“Dangerous? Wha-why would they be dangerous?” Sooyoung asked. Tiffany took a deep breath in and let out an exhale.

“For survival. And that’s where I come in. You do know that it’s not only angels inhabiting this spiritual world, but there are also enemies.” Tiffany said seriously.

“Enemies? Do you mean by-“ Kyuhyun was cut off. Tiffany continued. “Yes, the demons. They are hungry for spirits. The dangerous spirits I was talking about are the ones who have had a bad experience with demons and that’s why they’ve become so protective and they don’t trust easily that much.”

Sooyoung could already feel goose bumps through her body. Her skin became sensitive to the cold air and she twitched a bit. Kyuhyun noticed it. “Sooyoung-ah, are you cold?” he asked. Sooyoung just nodded. Kyuhyun then took off his sweater and put it over her. Sooyoung was surprised and looked at him. He just smiled. “It’s okay. Anyways, I don’t feel any much.”

They didn’t know Tiffany was there giggling while watching them. “You two look cute.” She told them. Kyuhyun and Sooyoung just turned their heads to the side out of embarrassment.

“It’s pretty late now. Even though you two are spirits, you still have to rest up for the night. There’s a bed and a sofa in there. You two decided which is whose. You better prepare because we’re leaving tomorrow early.” Tiffany said.

“Leaving? Where we headed to?” Sooyoung asked. “’We’re first gonna go to the hospital duh. But after that, there’s a place much more important where we have to go. You two better sleep early.”

“Wait, how ‘bout you?” Kyuhyun asked. “I’m an angel. I don’t need sleep, so I’ll go around Seoul first. You two stay here. This little hut here is protected by a special kind of aura.” She said as she turned their backs at them. “See ya tomorrow morning.” She said with a wave before running down.

Kyuhyun and Sooyoung were just there, staring at the running figure while she disappeared as she went farther and father.

“Yah Kyuhyun-ah, we better go to sleep.” Sooyoung said as she yawned and pulled on one of his sleeves. “Yeah. I’ll take the sofa.” He said.

****

Tiffany decided to stroll around the colorful lights of Seoul. She was amazed at the different settings and views. Then she ended up at a darker place of the city. She passed by different houses and people. Then she came to a stop at a certain house. She didn’t know why but there was something about it that she had to just peek inside.

There she saw a young man with messy hair attending to his mother who was lying down. A bell chimed.

“Tiffany? What are you doing?” HE asked her. “Oh. I don’t know why but it seems that there’s something about him that I must find out.” She told HIM honestly. HE just chuckled. “Go ahead. Enter the house of the unfortunate and a flower will blossom in your heart. You are one of my angels. Spread happiness young one.” With that, HIS voice then faded away signaling he was done talking to her for tonight.

She understood the words of HIS last sentence but didn’t as much with what HE first said about the flower blossoming. “Oh well.” She thought as she sighed. Then she went in, which fortunately she can without using the door. Slowly she went nearer the two people.

“Yesung, I think it’s best if you go to sleep now. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” The sickly woman told the boy while rubbing his cheek.

“But Mom, I need to look after you. I’ll just sleep here on the couch beside you that way I can easily help you when you need anything.” The boy said. The woman just sighed.

By the way, I haven’t seen Kyuhyun lately, how about you?” the mother asked. This surprised both Yesung, who don’t want his mother to know, and Tiffany, who didn’t know that Yesung was Kyuhyun’s friend.

“Uhh… yeah.. he’s just been very busy lately.” Yesung lied. It was a good thing that her mother was easily convinced. “Ahh… that boy. He’s very hard working. Tell him I hope he doesn’t work himself out too much.” She said before finally falling asleep.

Yesung sighed in relief and headed outside. He then went out of the house going towards somewhere. Tiffany just followed, curious as to where he was going to. “Why would he being going out late at night?” she wondered.

They then ended up in an unexpected place. It was near the Han River and most importantly, where the accident happened.

Yesung then suddenly knelt down to the ground, head down. Tears were coming out from his eyes. “Kyuhyun… please come back. I can’t take it when I lie to Mom. Come on bro, you wouldn’t leave just because of that right?” he said while punching the hard asphalt.

Tiffany could only watch with sadness. She didn’t know why but she wanted to him right now. Without her noticing, she took steps closer and closer until she was in front of him. She also fell to the ground kneeling, comforting him by caressing his hair.

Even if he didn’t feel anyone, Yesung knew there was a relieving feeling. He felt as if someone was there, watching and comforting him. His tears began to fade away and stood up again. “Kyuhyun. I promise I’ll visit you tomorrow.” He said before running off back to his house.

Tiffany didn’t bother on following him again. But she had another feeling, a kind of feeling where it was something she never felt before. That feeling when it seems her heart is opening up, making room, beating faster.

“Mm… maybe this was what HE was talking about.” She thought before heading back on her way to the mountain.

Meanwhile, HE was up above, able to see everything that was happening. He smiled to himself as he put his hand on his chin.

“Hmmm… things will get more complicated from here.” 

****

END OF FIFTH CHAPTER

A/N: Hello! :) How was the chapter? I hope the characters' personalities are more clear to you now. And Oh! It looks like there was a YeFany moment, so tingly! ♥ hehe anyways, comments and feedbacks is a plus! Actually, what keeps me going on through my stories are the comments and subscribers! :) Please do also subscribe if you find it interesting! 

Thanks for reading and have a nice day/night~ ^^