"Oh, the sleeping habit?"

Roommate

 

Kim Himchan, the popular guy from Traditional Music department. Kim Himchan, the famous instrument ulzzang from Traditional Music department. His good looks are also accompanied by his good traits. He’s friendly, outgoing, and sociable. Almost all the girls—and even some boys—in music department swoon for him.

Everyone wants to be his roommate yet, he always turned down all the offers he got. He never said anything; he just turned down the offers politely—sometimes flirtatiously. People didn’t mind though, maybe he doesn’t really get used to a company. It’s probably because he has lots of friend outside so, he needs a quiet time alone.

What do they know anyway? The only thing they can do is assuming things.

The real reason why Himchan never wants a roommate was because the idea having a roommate never amuses him. It would be too inconvenient to live with someone you don’t know well. His best friend, Jongup, once said to him “Why wouldn’t you take me as your roommate, hyung? You don’t know me well enough?” Himchan turned Jongup’s word back to himself “Why don’t you tell that possessive lover of yours?” With that, Jongup’s mouth shut and Jongup never brings back the roommate topic again.

People know Himchan as a social butterfly but, actually Himchan likes a quiet atmosphere better than a merry atmosphere.

Yeah, Himchan’s life is going smoothly until the head dorm called him.

“Himchan-ssi, thanks for your consideration to come,”

Himchan cocked a brow, the head dorm never talks in a formal manner before. Beside the head dorm, sitting a boy with a baseball cap that covers his upper face; he seemed unfazed by Himchan’s presence.

“Please, sit,” the head dorm says.

Himchan knew when he sits, everything will never be the same again. Something snapped inside Himchan’s head….

Don’t tell me that this guy is trying to give me a roommate!

“I know that you don’t like a company in your room but, we’re short in rooms now and I need to get this guy a room…. So, I want him to stay in your room after we found another room,”

Himchan takes a glance on his soon-to-be roommate. The boy looks fine—although his upper face is covered by the cap—the boy has a pair of thick lips and it seems like that boy doesn’t like the idea having a roommate because since Himchan entered the room, that boy sets his lips on a permanent frown.

“Aherm,” the head dorm cleared his throat to dismiss the awkward situation.
“Himchan, why don’t you introduce yourself, show him to your room okay? I have somewhere else to go,”

The head dorm stood up and left. Himchan pulled his lips to form a thin line and offers his hands to the stranger.

“I’m Kim Himchan,” Himchan said.

That boy finally looked up and smiled—somehow reminds him of Hyosung. Despite the fierce aura this boy emitting from the start, the boy actually has the goofiest smile Himchan ever see.

“Bang Yongguk,” he said, shaking Himchan’s hand.

Yongguk has the prettiest hand Himchan ever seen. His fingers are long and slender. Not only that, Yongguk’s hand was warm. Himchan pulled another smile—this time friendlier than before.

“I’m majoring on Traditional Music, you?”
“Modern Music,”

Yongguk’s voice was low and deep—just the way Himchan likes it. Wait, what?! Himchan shakes the thought off of his head.

The following day, the news about Himchan’s new roommate spread like a wild fire.

“Soooo….” Hyosung slurred her words playfully.

Himchan cocked his brow to Hyosung. Jeon Hyosung was his best friend since senior high. She was a bubbly girl and she knew how to make others comfortable around her. Hyosung is majoring on Performing Arts and every single day, after their class ends, they would hang out together. They’re so close; even some people thought they’re dating.

Hearing the rumors, both of them laughed it off. There’s no way they would date each other. Hyosung always loved Himchan as a brother and Himchan always loved Hyosung as a friend. Nothing more.

“Got yourself a new roommate?” Hyosung asked.

Himchan shrugged, “Guess so,”

Hyosung nudged Himchan, “Oh, so the Loner Himchan is gone?”

Himchan shot Hyosung a glare, she giggled.

“Roommate can’t be that bad,” she said.
“Oh, what do you know about roommate?! It’s very inconvenient! And I know you know about my sleeping habit!” Himchan burst out.
“Oh the sleeping habit?”

Scoffing, Himchan stood up and left Hyosung giggling.

+++

Yeah, the Instrument Ulzzang likes to sleep . According to him, sleeping is way more comfortable than sleeping with clothes. A study shows that sleeping can improve your sleep too. So, that night, he had to put on some clothes because of his new roommate.

“Not asleep yet?” Yongguk asked.
“I’m just changing my clothes,” Himchan said, coolly.
“Hey, Himchan-sshi?”
“Uh, yes?”
“I want to know you better, we’re roomies after all,” Yongguk said, with his trademark gummy smile.

Himchan was shocked by Yongguk’s words. He gives Yongguk a blank stare.

“Uhh…. Sorry, I’m making things awkward between us,” Yongguk said, brushing the back of his own neck.

Himchan stared at Yongguk’s defined arm. Some muscles he got there, Himchan thought.

“Aherm,” Yongguk cleared his throat.
“Oh sorry. Sure, we’re roomies after all,” Himcan said, forcing a smile.

+++

Sorry guys, I had to end it here! I know it’s freaking short T^T And I don’t think this fic is going to be a two-shot after all *sigh* Thanks for subscribing and tell me what do you think about this chapter. 

P.s: sorry for my awkward English TT TT

P.s.s: About Himchan's sleeping habit.... I don't know the truth. I read it somewhere in Tumblr so idk if that person is trolling or not. XD