I Can't.

I Can't.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpXZnyy8vrs&feature=relmfu

 

 

Jaerin

 

"Jaerin..." I froze as I heard a familiar voice. The voice that I heard a lot in my thoughts, in my dreams. The voice that used to make my heart flutter, just by hearing it... the voice which still makes my heart flutter. Even until this very moment. I tear slid down my cheek and I looked down, hoping he wouldn't see it.

 

 

Kai walked towards me and smiled weakly at me. Seemed like after all this time, he still didn't want to see me. It pained my heart to see his face. I weakly smiled back at him while trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall. "It's been a long time... hasn't it?" I said as my voice quivered.

 

 

He held out his hand as if he was going to touch my face but before he got to do it, he looked down and slowly brought his hand down."Umm... yeah. How has it been?" He asked me as he looked into my eyes and my heart skipped. After all this time, I still haven't been able to get over him.

 

 

I wanted so badly to tell him that I was doing fine without him, that I wasn't thinking about him at all, but it would've been a lie. "Not too good." I looked at him and I tried my best to hide my pained expression that was overflowing my heart. He furrowed his eyebrows and put his hand on my shoulder. "Why...?"

 

 

I shrugged his hand away and I thought I saw his face twist into a hurt expression for a second, or maybe it was just my imagination. "How are you and your... girlfriend?" I breathed. I closed my eyes to keep in the tears and once I was sure they weren't going to flow out, I opened them again and did my best to keep a straight face.

 

 

"You heard about that, huh?" He looked down and sighed deeply. "Of course, I heard about it. It's all over the internet." I replied. My heart pained even more as I saw him inch closer with a look in his face, a look I couldn't identify. He cupped my face and at that moment, my tears just came falling. I released myself from his grip and started running away.

 

 

"Jaerin, I love you. So much. I forever will." I can't believe I believed his words. I broke down and cried the moment I got far away from him. He lied to me and I was so stupid to trust him with everything. I loved him with all I was and this was all that I ended up with... I ended up with nothing. I can't believe I thought he would love me forever. I cried out.

 

 

 

 

 

KAI

 

I saw her and my heart fluttered. Even after all this time, I've always been in love with her. I never did stop loving her. I don't want to stop loving her. My heart pained at the same time as it fluttered, because I knew I couldn't tell her that I loved her, and I knew that we couldn't be together anymore.

 

 

"Jaerin..." I called out and the moment we saw each other, it felt like time stopped. I saw her look down and my heart ached. Could she be crying? I walked towards her and it felt so surreal to see her in front of me. I weakly smiled at her and she returned the smile. "It's been a long time... hasn't it?" She said. And even after all this time, her voice still sends shivers down my spine.

 

 

As I got close to her, my hand shot out to touch her face, something that has become a habit before, but I looked down and brought my hand down before I got to do it. How silly of me to think I was still invited to do that. I looked into her eyes. "Umm... yeah. How has it been?"

 

 

"Not too good." She said as she blinked. I looked into her eyes and saw it had lost its life. Like it's been drained. My eyes teared up at the sight. My eyebrows furrowed and I put my hand on her shoulder. "Why...?" She shrugged my hand away and I tried my best not to show my hurt expression. "How are you... and your girlfriend?" She asked. I looked down and it took all my will not to tell her that it was all the company's doing. "You heard about that, huh?" I spat bitterly. I looked at her and inched closer. Couldn't she see through my eyes that I still loved her? That all of this... is just the company's evil work?

 

 

I cupped her face, desparate to let her know. And suddenly, she started to cry and she ran away. I broke down on the floor and all the tears I've been trying to pent up for a long time were released. "Jaerin, I love you. So much. I forever will." Why can't she see that I wasn't lying? I grasped onto my heart and screamed.