Chapter Five

My Coactress: Princess or ?

 

Hyomin glanced at Jiyeon, “Your phone’s ringing.”

Jiyeon continued to look out the window, her voice soft as she replied, “It’s nothing, just ignore it.”

There was a pause as the other T-ara members exchanged glances at each other. Gently, Eunjung asked, “Is it Myungsoo again? Your phone’s been ringing non-stop since last night.”

“I said just ignore it.” Jiyeon snapped angrily, her head whipping around to glare at Eunjung. Then she closed her eyes, trembling, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…”

Eunjung smiled, patting Jiyeon on the arm, “Don’t worry about it, I know you didn’t mean it.” Jiyeon nodded silently, then looked out of the window again. As Eunjung turned to her other bandmates, her smile faded and turned into worry; the others returned her look.

The phone started ringing again. This time, Jiyeon immediately took the phone out. With crisp movements, she removed the battery from the phone and threw both the phone and the battery into her bag with unnecessary force. She didn’t want to speak to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JB and Jr waited impatiently as their stylists hovered over them, making sure they were perfect for their filming. Just then, the door was thrown open, and JYP himself strode in. He clapped both boys on the back, “So. Are you kids ready for the next filming.”

JB gave a nervous nod while Jr grinned brightly, “Never felt better.” Their CEO gave an approving nod, “All right. Keep up the good work, you two. When we get back to the company, I’ll give you guys a couple of choices for your debut song.”

Jr leapt out of his chair excitedly, “We’re debuting already? Awesome!”

JB didn’t leap out of his chair like Jr, but he beamed widely, his heart already pounding in anticipation. He couldn’t wait for his debut!

JYP smiled, glad to see the rookies so enthusiastic, “You guys will debut in June. So make sure you do a good job preparing yourself. Now, I’ve got to go before my stylist starts yelling at me.” He gave the two another clap on the back before he left.

Jr glanced at his hyung, “Jinyoung-hyung is really nice, isn’t he?”

JB rolled his eyes, “You say that every time he comes to see us, kid.” But he couldn’t keep the grin off his face either. As their respective stylists finally finished tidying them up, there was a sharp rap on the door and one of the staff poked his head in, “Hey, JB, are you ready? Jiyeon’s here and she’s ready to film.”

JB nodded, “I’ll be right there.”

Jr waved as JB left the room, “Good luck!”

As JB arrived on the set, Jiyeon was already waiting for him. Not for the first time, he noticed how stunning she looked. He smiled, waving at her, “Hey, Jiyeon. How are you feeling?”

Jiyeon managed a smile, “I’m fine. Why’re you asking?”

JB hesitated. He didn’t want to mention that he had called the other T-ara members just to check on her, and found out that she hadn’t been eating or sleeping much since the news on Myungsoo and Suzy broke out four days ago.

Jiyeon was still waiting for an answer, so JB just shrugged as nonchalantly as he could, “Nothing. Just a little worried.”

The director came on set, “All right guys, let’s get ready!”

There was no more time for conversation as they got into their positions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kim Myungsoo slammed the phone down, throwing himself back into his chair. Hoya, the only member who would even talk to him now, glanced over at him, “She’s still not picking up?”

Myungsoo didn’t bother to answer. Hoya shook his head, “Well, surely you don’t expect her to just forgive you, right? I mean, well, no offence but you were kind of a bastard.”

Myungsoo swore, “I’m not expecting her to just forgive me like that, but I wish she would just give me a chance to explain myself!”

Hoya raised an eyebrow, “What’s there to explain? You cheated on her. Period. End of story.”

Myungsoo glared at Hoya, “Whose side are you on anyway?”

“Jiyeon’s, of course. She wasn’t the one who had an affair with someone else.”

Myungsoo swore again, “Why did I even bother asking?”

There was a moment of silence before Hoya spoke again, his voice more serious than before, “Woohyun is really ing pissed at you, you know. The other members will probably forgive you after a while, but Woohyun’s determined to ignore you for the rest of the year, at least.”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes, “Why’s he pissed? It’s not like it’s any of his business, anyway.”

Hoya stared at the Infinite visual, “How can you say such a thing? Why’s Woohyun pissed? I would’ve thought that you would know why better than the rest of us. After all, you’re the one who got the girl whom he’s had a crush on for the better part of four years.”

There was another pause. Myungsoo looked down, “I didn’t know about his crush. It’s not my fault.

Hoya couldn’t help but laugh, but it was a bitter laugh, “Myungsoo, do you really not understand why Woohyun’s angry? Do you really think Woohyun would be mad that you got Jiyeon while he didn’t? Of course not. He was envious, but he whole-heartedly wished you two all the best. The reason why he’s so angry is because you cheated on Jiyeon. He blames himself for not putting up a good fight for Jiyeon’s heart, because he thinks that if he had done that, then she wouldn’t have been hurt by you. He thinks that you don’t deserve Jiyeon, and frankly speaking, I’m inclined to agree with him. Jiyeon loves you so much that she’s even willing to take care of your every need. She’s even concerned with the rest of us simply because we’re your bandmates and your friends. She calls in the middle of the night when you’re sick, just to check on your condition. She offers to come and take care of you when you’re not feeling well. When you need something she’s the first one who offers to run and get it for you. And you just cheat on her so heartlessly? Kim Myungsoo, did you ever even love her, or were you just using her like some sort of servant?”

Myungsoo’s jaw clenched. His fist tightened so hard that droplets of blood appeared on his palm. In a barely audible voice, he whispered, “I know. I know, and that’s why I hated myself for cheating on her. I hated myself for it, but I couldn’t stop. I don’t know why, I just couldn’t. I never meant to hurt her, I swear to god, and I really love her. I don’t know what…I just…” His voice trailed off.

Hoya rolled his eyes in exasperation, “For god’s sake you idiot! If you really love her then go and look for her and apologise! Beg her to forgive you! What’s the point in staying here in Japan and calling her every five minutes? If you’re really sincere you’ll go back to Korea now and beg her to give you another chance!”

There was a hesitation as Myungsoo glanced up at Hoya, “Should I? Can I just…won’t she be more pissed if I…”

“Just go you idiot!” Hoya pushed Myungsoo, “Before you’re too late, go and get her!”

It was those words that got Myungsoo moving. Quick as lightning, he grabbed his phone and wallet, and was dialing for his manager even before he left the room, “Hyung, help me get the fastest plane back to Korea now!” And then he was out of the apartment, slamming the door shut behind him.

The other members came out of their rooms, “Was that Myungsoo? Where the hell was he going in such a rush?”

Hoya grinned, “He’s going to look for Jiyeon, and get her back again.”

For the first time in the past four days, Woohyun finally allowed himself a smile, “That idiot is finally getting a move on.” And, wordlessly, he gave Hoya a high-five.

---------------------------------------------------

And Myungsoo's back! I really loved the Infinite interaction in this chap. Woohyun is really nice and kind; he likes Jiyeon but he's willing to wish the best to Myungsoo and Jiyeon, and just wants them to be happy and cherish each other. And Hoya's like the caring older brother who says stuff you don't want to hear, but always supports you! 

Next chapter will have both Myungyeon and JJCouple, please anticipate it!