Chapter Eight

My Coactress: Princess or ?

 

“Here, try some porridge. Fei-noona made it for you, but she couldn’t come and visit cos she was busy with her schedule.” JB placed the bowl of porridge in front of Suzy. Suzy her lips, “Fei-unnie’s cooking is the best! Thanks, JB!”

Jr, leaning against the wall, rolled his eyes, “Hyung, we gotta go. We have to go to our next schedule. Come on.” He strode out of the hospital ward, his face displeased. Suzy stared after him, “He really doesn’t like me, doesn’t he?”

JB sighed, “Jr has a one-track mind. I’ll come and see you next time, Suzy.” He left the ward, hurrying after Jr. As they got into their car, Jr turned to glare at JB, “Are you kidding me? Why the hell are you being so nice to Bae Suzy? What happened to Jiyeon? Dude, Jiyeon is so much better than Suzy!”

JB shot him a look, “I’m not having feelings for Suzy or anything. I just feel bad for her. Anyway, she’s our labelmate, so we should help her.”

“She’s a !” Jr exclaimed, “Why would you get all chummy with someone like her? Seriously, I liked it better when you were spending time with Jiyeon.”

“Yeah well, even if I spent time with Jiyeon, nothing will come of it. She still likes Myungsoo.” JB spat. He looked away. Jr’s expression changed, “Hyung, just because she likes someone else, doesn’t mean you just give up! Anyway, that scumbag cheated on her! You ought to go for it!”

“…It’s not that simple.” JB sighed as he looked out of the window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Jiyeon-ah! Hurry up! We’re going to be late for our schedule!” Eunjung called. Jiyeon hurriedly tossed her phone into her bag, “Coming!” She rushed out of the room, “I’m ready, let’s go.”

Soyeon glanced at her watch, “We’re going to be late for our recording…”

“It’s all right, we’re the seventh group that’s going up to perform, so we can be slightly late.” Hyomin replied calmly. The T-ara members hurried up onto their car; Jiyeon started as her phone vibrated, and she quickly checked the message.

Eunjung glanced at Jiyeon as a smile flitted across her face; Eunjung raised an eyebrow, “Is it JB again?”

Jiyeon hurriedly put her phone down, “Who says it’s JB?”

Hyomin rolled her eyes, “Please, you’re always messaging him nowadays, and you only smile like that when you receive his messages. Plus, don’t think I don’t know why you’ve been waking up in the middle of the night. You two keep on calling each other!”

Jiyeon shot them a look, “You guys are being ridiculous!”

Qri whistled, “I bet you’re falling for him~”

Jiyeon rolled her eyes in exasperation. Then her smile faded.

Jiyeon jerked awake as her phone suddenly rang. She quickly picked up, “Hello?”

Myungsoo’s voice was cheerful as he spoke, “Hey, Jiyeon. Did I wake you up?”

Jiyeon laughed, “Obviously! It’s, like, two in the morning!”

Myungsoo sighed dramatically, “Well, it’s only the evening here in UK. I’ll hang up first, your schedule is so hectic that you should get as much sleep as you can.”

“No, don’t!” Jiyeon hurriedly spoke, “Don’t hang up yet, let’s talk for a while more since I’m already awake.”

Myungsoo laughed, “All right then. Your comeback is next week, right? I bet you must be really busy. Have you been eating properly?”

“Myungsoo, you don’t have to worry about me so much, I bet you’re really busy with your world tour as well. Remember, you’ve got to eat and sleep well, so you won’t fall sick!” Jiyeon replied. Myungsoo chuckled, “You’re like a mother hen, Jiyeon.”

“Yah, Park Jiyeon! If you’re gonna call your boyfriend, do it outside where no one can hear you!” Hyomin groaned as she rolled over, “I need my beauty sleep!”

Jiyeon laughed, “Sorry, unnie!” She whispered into the phone, “Hyomin-unnie’s going to throw a fit at this rate, I’ll call you tomorrow, okay?”

“Sure. Love you!” Myungsoo hung up.

Jiyeon rolled over in bed, a blissful smile on her face.

“Jiyeon, are you all right?”

Jiyeon’s head jerked up; her members were staring at her worriedly. She managed a weak smile, “I’m fine.” Her head turned as she looked out of the window. Why was she even thinking about that guy anymore?

The other T-ara members glanced at each other; concern written in their faces. Areum hesitated for a moment, before reaching out to touch Jiyeon’s hand, “Jiyeon, stop thinking about it. Let’s focus on our performance, all right?”

Jiyeon smiled gratefully, “Thanks, Areum.”

Moments later, they arrived at their destination. As they got off the car, a voice called, “Jiyeon!”

Jiyeon looked up, only to see JB waving at her from his car. JB quickly got off the car; behind him, Jr sighed, “Finally.”

“Jiyeon, you’re the seventh group to perform, right?” JB asked. Jiyeon nodded, “Yep. And JJProject is fifth, right?”

JB grinned, “That’s right. Have you been okay? It’s been a while since I called you, cos I was busy with me schedule.”

“A while? You just called her two days ago!” Eunjung called.

JB’s face flushed and he coughed. Jiyeon shot Eunjung a look, “Unnie! Don’t say anymore!” She quickly pulled JB away, “Anyway, good luck for your performance!”

JB nodded, “You too!”

Just then, JJProject’s manager hurried over, “Yah, JB let’s go, we have to get ready for our stage quickly.”

“Coming, hyung.” JB waved to Jiyeon, “I’ll see you later, fighting!” With that, he hurried off.

Soyeon clapped Jiyeon on the back, “Come on, hurry up, we have to get ready too!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jiyeon was wringing her hands nervously as she waited for T-ara’s turn. Even though she was an experienced idol, she couldn’t help but feel nervous every time she had to go up on the stage.

She saw JB and Jr giving each other high-fives as they came down from the stage, having just finished their performance. JB spotted Jiyeon and did a fist pump, mouthing, “Fighting!”

Jiyeon smiled at his encouraging gesture. Then she heard the MC call, “And now for T-ara’s Day by Day!”

Taking a deep breath, Jiyeon followed her members on stage. She waited as the music began to play, and slowly started to dance.

JB watched silently as Jiyeon danced to Hwayoung’s rap part. Admiringly, he spoke, “She’s a really good dancer, isn’t she?”

“She’s T-ara’s main dancer, duh.” Jr replied, his eyes also fixed on the stage, “Hey, what is that creaking noise?”

“What creaking noise?” JB frowned. Jr shook his head, “Don’t you hear it? There’s a really weird noise coming from…well, I don’t know. It’s soft. Listen.”

The duo listened for a moment. JB cast his head about, “You’re right…where’s that noise coming from?”

“I don’t…Holy .” The blood drained from Jr’s face as he stared upwards, “The lights!”

JB’s head whipped around, and he too located the source of the noise.

The lights on the ceiling above the stage had somehow come loose; they were hanging precariously by only a single fraying wire.

And Jiyeon was right under it. 

------------------------------------------------------

!!!

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system. Anyway, did you guys think that was a successful cliffhanger? My friends tell me that i usually at writing cliffhangers, so yeah -.-

Anyway, this chapter is still kinda taking things slowly. JB's still visiting Suzy, because he feels sorry for her, and he also thinks that he's partially responsible for her falling ill (JB's soft). Jiyeon and JB have been keeping in contact, but strictly as friends. JB still doesn't realise that he likes Jiyeon already, but he's jealous of Myungsoo's previous relationship with her. Jiyeon, on the other hand, treats JB as a confidante and a best friend at the moment, and is steadily getting closer to him. Jr is obviously frustrated with his hyung; he's so biased against Suzy and he's totally rooting for JJCouple too! Hehe cute maknaes ftw!

There was also the first Myungyeon flashback; there're more to come. No Jinwoon in this chapter, but there's more focus on him in the next. 

And, of course, the ending. What'll happen to Jiyeon?! Will JB save her? Or will he be too late? Wait for the next chapter to find out!

And remember guys, comment and subscribe!