Chapter Twelve

My Coactress: Princess or ?

 

Jiyeon sighed as she combed her brown hair straight, staring at herself in the mirror. Jinwoon was waiting outside, and yet she had absolutely no desire to go out and meet him. Instead, she wished she was back with JB, just chatting casually about trivial things.

But that would be rude. Biting back another sigh, she picked up her bag and prepared to leave.

Just at that moment, she heard a voice outside shout, “What do you think you’re doing, coming here like the shameless bastard you are?”

Jiyeon rolled her eyes. Who was Suzy yelling at now? As she stood up to leave the room, the door swung open, and she froze in shock. Wordlessly, she stared at the man standing at the doorway, “…Myungsoo.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JB leaned his head back, reaching into his pocket for his phone to check on his messages. Then he stopped, bolting upright, “Wait, wait hyung!”

His manager glanced at him, “What now?”

“I left my phone back at the hospital! I’ve got to go and get it!” JB replied, groaning. His manager sighed, “I told you not to be so forgetful! Now we’re going to be late for your meeting with the vocal trainer!”

JB bobbed his head meekly, “Sorry, hyung…I had a lot of things on my mind…”

Left with no other choice, his manager quickly looked for a place to u-turn back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Myungsoo’s breathing was harsh as his eyes met her, “Jiyeon. I came back as soon as I heard about your accident. What happened? Are you all right?”

There was a moment of silence as Jiyeon stared at him with wide eyes. Then she picked up her bag, and strode right past him.

Myungsoo was confused for a moment, wondering why she was ignoring him. Then he understood, reaching out to grab her by the hand, “Wait, Jiyeon, please listen to me.”

Jiyeon’s eyes flashed as she tried to pull Myungsoo’s hand away, “Get away from me. I don’t want to talk to you.”

Suzy stormed up to the duo, her eyes red-rimmed and angry. Furiously she grabbed Myungsoo by his other arm, “Are you crazy? Why did you come back for her?”

Myungsoo pushed Suzy away impatiently, “I’ll talk to you later, all right? Jiyeon, will you please stop struggling and just listen to me?”

Jinwoon, who had been staring at the scene with wide eyes for a moment, finally regained his senses and grabbed hold of Suzy as she stumbled back, “Watch it, Kim Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo wrenched Jiyeon around, forcing her to face him, “Just listen to me for a moment!”

There was a resounding crack as Jiyeon’s hand met Myungsoo’s cheek.

Suzy gasped, “How dare you hit Myungsoo-oppa!”

Myungsoo looked stunned for a moment, his eyes wide in shock. Jiyeon glared at him, her voice icy cold, “What are you doing here? I don’t want to talk to you, so you might as well just get lost.”

Suzy Jiyeon furiously, ready to launch herself at her, “How dare you talk to him like that? Who said he came back for you? I bet he came back for me inst-”

“Just shut up, Suzy.” Myungsoo snapped. Suzy stared at him with wide, hurt eyes, but he ignored her, grabbing Jiyeon roughly again, “I know you’re pissed off at me, and I know I’ve been a bastard and an , but can you please just listen to me?”

Jiyeon ignored him, trying to wriggle out of his grasp. Exasperated, Myungsoo grabbed her by the shoulders and threw her against the wall. Jinwoon’s eyes widened in surprise, and he stepped forward to stop Myungsoo.

All of a sudden, there was an outraged shout, “Get your hands off her you !”

Myungsoo turned around impatiently, when a fist crashed into his cheek, sending him reeling. The attacker followed up with an elbow to the gut, and Myungsoo crashed painfully to the ground.

Jiyeon stared in shock, “JB! I thought you left…”

JB’s breathing was harsh as he stared down at Myungsoo, “You deserved that. That was for betraying Jiyeon, you cheating bastard!”

Myungsoo struggled to get to his feet, “Who do you think you are, rookie?”

JB turned away from the older man, ignoring him as he spoke to Jiyeon, “Are you okay?”

Jiyeon nodded wordlessly, still amazed by JB’s explosion. JB took a deep breath to calm himself, then took Jiyeon by the hand, “Come on, let’s go. Leave this jerk here to reflect about his actions.”

“Wait, Jiyeon!” Myungsoo’s eyes widened in panic. But Jiyeon allowed herself to be led away by the younger man.

Myungsoo deflated, his eyes turning depressed, “She really has moved on without me…”

“Now can we talk?”

Myungsoo turned to look at Suzy, who was glaring at him with baleful eyes. Myungsoo’s expression turned cold, “Make it fast.” The duo stepped into the room.

They left Jinwoon standing there, staring after JB and Jiyeon. The older man frowned, “Did I just get dumped?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Myungsoo sat down on the chair beside Suzy’s bed, folding his arms impatiently, “Talk. Don’t waste my time.”

Suzy stared at him, “Don’t you have anything to say to me?”

“Why would I have anything to say to you?”

Suzy’s eyes turned angry, “Maybe because you dumped me here and left me holding the fort? If I did wrong then you did to. Do you know how much crap I’ve been enduring here? Getting slapped and ignored by my members, having people stare and talk bad about me…did you receive all those calls from me? Why did you ignore me, Kim Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo frowned, “What are you even talking about? You dragged us down into this mess, all right? If you hadn’t seduced me-”

“It takes two hands to clap. I seduced you, but you cheated on your girlfriend. Willingly. I didn’t even drug you or anything. I just took of my shirt and suddenly you were all over me. You’re just as bad as I am, and you’ve hardly gotten any flak for it. Instead, you let me take all the blame.” Suzy accused, jabbing a finger at him. Myungsoo’s expression turned angry, “Don’t talk about that time.”

“Why, cos you don’t like feeling guilty?” Suzy’s expression became disgusted as she stared at him, “You know what, Jiyeon was right. You’re not worth it.”

Myungsoo stared up at her, suddenly interested, “What? Jiyeon said that?”

“Yeah. She was totally right. You’re nothing compared to JB. Get out of here.” Suzy turned away from him.

Myungsoo stared down at his hands, his expression wounded, “…She really said that? Does she really think I’m nothing compared to him?” His fists slowly clenched, and he stood up angrily, “I’ll prove her wrong.” Without another word, he stormed out of the hospital ward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JB poked his head into the car window, “Yah, hyung, can you lend us the car for a while?”

The JJ Project manager stared at JB in surprise. His gaze flickered to Jiyeon, then his brows lowered into a frown, “What for?”

“Just for a spin. Please, hyung?” JB pleaded, giving his manager puppy-dog eyes. The man paused for a moment, then sighed, getting out of the driver’s seat, “Whatever. Jiyeon-sshi, you know how to drive right?”

Jiyeon nodded, “Sure. I’ll be careful.”

The two idols got into the car, and quickly drove off. They sat in silence for a few moments, before JB spoke, “I think you should talk to Myungsoo.”

Jiyeon stared at him for a moment, “Are you mad? Why? Aren’t you the guy who just punched him?”

“I know, but that was just to teach him a lesson. And it’ll be good for you to talk to him. It’ll give you a sense of closure. That’s what you need. Else you’ll never be able to move on.” JB responded calmly, “Trust me, Jiyeon.”

Jiyeon hesitated, her eyes fixed on the road.

“Well? It’s for the best, all right?” JB assured her.

Still silence. Then Jiyeon sighed, “If you say so. But…”

“But?”

“Can you be with me when I talk to him?” Jiyeon requested.

This time it was JB who hesitated, “I’m not sure if Myungsoo would be very happy with that.”

“I don’t care. I’ll only talk to him if you’re with me.” Jiyeon replied adamantly.

After a moment, JB smiled, “Fine, fine.” And he took her hand. 

----------------------------------------------------

Here's the next chapter guys!

Myungsoo finally gets back to Jiyeon, but she's still incredibly pissed at him. And poor Suzy's been totally thrown aside. Actually Suzy and Myungsoo are quite similar in the sense that neither are willing to take the blame for the things that they do wrong. Suzy refused to admit that she was wrong in seducing Myungsoo, while Myungsoo also refuses that he was wrong in cheating on Jiyeon, and instead throws all the blame at Suzy. Both of them are, well, kind of pitiful characters.

Suzy's also a very smart girl. She knows just the right things to say to hurt the other person more. Like at the end when she said how Myungsoo was nothing compared to JB - if she'd just said that, Myungsoo probably couldn't have cared less. But she lied that Jiyeon was the one who said it, making it hurt Myungsoo even more. WIth such a smart girl fighting for JB, will he be swayed by her tricks? 

As before, JB just wants the best for Jiyeon. He knows that having Jiyeon and Myungsoo talk to each other might bring them together again, but he doesn't care. All he cares about is helping Jiyeon heal and move on. 

And poor Jinwoon. He got dumped so quickly XD

Guys, remember to comment and subscribe! I'll try to update ASAP, but you guys know i've got a lot of other stories to work on too...