Chapter Nine

My Coactress: Princess or ?

 

Without thinking JB threw himself forward, shouting, “Jiyeon, above you!”

Jiyeon’s head jerked up; her eyes widened in horror, but she was rooted to the spot.

And the wire snapped.

There was a scream from Jiyeon, and JB yelled in frustration and horror, a beat too late to reach her. The other T-ara members stared in stunned shock, and Eunjung jerked forward with a gasp, “Jiyeon!”

The audience screamed in horror, straining to reach the idol, but they were held back by the staff.

JB scrambled towards the stage in a panic, “Jiyeon! Jiyeon, are you all right?”

There was a coughing sound, and Jiyeon’s voice replied weakly, “I’m all right…” As the dust cleared, JB saw Jiyeon standing, and behind her stood Jinwoon, who was dusting himself off. He felt a slight pang of disappointment that he had not been the one to save her, but he swallowed it and allowed relief to take over as he ran to them, “Jiyeon…”

Jiyeon managed a faint smile, “I’m all right, Jinwoon-sshi pulled me out of the way in time.” She turned to the tall idol, “Thanks a lot. I probably owe my life to you.”

Jinwoon shrugged; he grinned, giving her a wink, “Don’t worry, I won’t let someone as pretty as you die like that.”

Eunjung and Hyomin rushed up to Jiyeon, “Yah, are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?”

Jiyeon raised her hands to fend off them off, “Hey, hey, relax, I’m fine. Just fine.” But the T-ara members weren’t convinced, and Hyomin took her by the arm, “Nice try, maknae. I’m bringing you to the hospital.”

Jiyeon rolled her eyes in exasperation, “Please, unnie, I’m just fine.” But before she could sat anymore, their manager came rushing up, “Jiyeon, are you mad? We’ve got to bring you to the hospital to make sure you’re all right.”

Jiyeon shook her head, “No, I don’t want to.” She turned to walk off the stage, but staggered, suddenly dizzy. JB grabbed her just before she fell, “Woah, watch it. You are so not all right.” Easily he lifted her, carrying her bridal-style. She yelped, “Yah, Im Jaebum! What are you doing?!”

JB ignored her, speaking to T-ara’s manager, “Jiyeon obviously can’t walk. Can we take the T-ara van to the hospital, or do you guys have another schedule? If you do, I can bring her instead.”

The manager shook his head, “It’s all right, let’s take the T-ara van. Come on, you help me carry her.”

Jiyeon struggled to escape from JB’s grasp, but he was holding onto her too tightly, “Seriously, let me down before the fans misunderstand!”

JB rolled his eyes, “What’s there for them to misunderstand? I’m kidnapping you? Come on.” He headed down the stage with the other T-ara members.

Seulong, who had been waiting by the side, caught Jinwoon by the arm as he headed down the stage, “You looked pretty handsome there. Not bad, being the hero.”

Jinwoon glanced at him, “Really? Do you think Jiyeon thinks that too?”

Seulong frowned, “Where did that come from? Dude, you already have a girlfriend. Don’t tell me you’re hitting on Jiyeon now?”

Jinwoon shrugged, “I broke up with her yesterday. And come on, Jiyeon is so much hotter. Of course I’ll prefer her.”

Seulong warned, “Jinwoon, watch what you’re saying. She’s an idol, not one of those random girlfriend you can just pick up from bars. And c’mon, almost everyone in our company knows that JB’s interested in Jiyeon, just from seeing them text each other every day. Don’t do this to your dongsaeng.”

Jinwoon smirked, “All’s fair in love and war. JB hasn’t made his move, and that scumbag Myungsoo’s cheated on her. So now it’s my turn to make a move on her.”

Before Seulong could dissuade him, Jinwoon strode off, ignoring his taller bandmate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JB lay Jiyeon gently in their car; Jiyeon was still grumbling, “You’re going to make me a laughing stock…people are going to think I can’t even walk on my own two feet!”

JB rolled his eyes, “Please, your safety is more important.” He turned as Eunjung spoke to him, “JB, don’t you have your own schedule to go to? Don’t be late just cos of Jiyeon…”

JB shook his head, “Nah, it’s all right. I was going to go to the hospital after the performance anyway, so if you guys don’t mind, I’ll take your car.” He hesitated for a moment, glancing about, “On second thought, I think I’ll take my manager’s car. It seems a little lacking in space…”

Qri immediately cut in, “No, it’s all right, you can sit next to Jiyeon. There’s more than enough space.” She hurried JB into the car; Soyeon mouthed at her, “Matchmaker!”

Jiyeon shifted over as JB got in beside her. There was a sharp rap on the window, and as Jiyeon rolled the window down, Jr stuck a container in, “Yah, hyung, here’s the food. Since you’re taking the T-ara van, I’m going back first. I don’t want to see that , I’ve seen her enough lately.” He nodded at their T-ara members, wished Jiyeon well, and strode off quickly. JB bit back a sigh.

Jiyeon glanced at him, “That ? He…He’s not talking about me, is he?”

JB shook his head tiredly, “No, you’ll see when we get there.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suzy was just sitting on her bed, staring blankly into thin air when she heard his familiar voice, “You really should get more rest.”

She sat up straight; for a moment, she thought he had been talking to her, and a smile spread across her face.

Then he walked in, and next to him was Park Jiyeon.

Her smile faded abruptly.

Jiyeon’s expression turned equally stony when she saw Suzy, “Is this what Jr was talking about?”

JB shifted uncomfortably as she was wheeled to the bed opposite Suzy’s, “Let’s discuss this another time.” She was moved onto the bed by the doctor, while JB turned to Suzy, “Here, Jia-noona made the porridge this time. They said they’ll visit you next week, when they get back from China.”

Suzy accepted the porridge gratefully. Her eyes flickered to Jiyeon for a moment, then she smiled brightly, “I’m so glad you’ve been visiting almost every day, oppa. It gets awfully boring without you around.”

JB looked uneasy, “Not every day, Suzy. Enjoy the porridge.” He turned to face Jiyeon, only to start back in surprise as every single T-ara member shot daggers at him. Before he could say a word, Eunjung grabbed his arm, dragging him out of the ward.

Eunjung jerked him out of the ward and Qri, the last one out of the room, shut the door tight. Hyomin hissed, “Yah! Im Jaebum! Are you trying to two-time my maknae like that Myungsoo.”

JB blinked, “Wait, what? Two-time? I…I’m not even dating Jiyeon!”

Soyeon rolled her eyes, “Pshaw, please, don’t give us that nonsense! Why’re you getting so close to Suzy?”

“I’m not!” JB lifted his hands in defence, “Really! It’s just that she turned up at my doorstep all drunk, and she fainted, and I brought her to the hospital.”

“And you’ve been visiting her every day?”

“An exaggeration. Seriously. Mostly cos Fei and Jia-noona are too busy to come and ask me to bring her food for them. Really.” JB replied earnestly. Hyomin eyed him suspiciously.

“She seems to like you. A lot.” Soyeon emphasized. JB rolled his eyes, “That’s just cos I don’t call her a and all the time like Jr does. Now can we go back in?”

Meanwhile, Jiyeon and Suzy were sitting in stony silence. Suzy broke the silence first, “What happened to you?”

“Accident.” Jiyeon replied shortly, not wanting to talk to her. There was a moment of silence as Suzy eyed her coldly. Then she spoke, “So how have you been?”

Jiyeon ignored her.

“Man, you really are a cold , aren’t you?” Suzy remarked. Fire sparked in Jiyeon’s eyes, “Better than being a shameless !”

Suzy half rose from her bed, “Why you…!”

The door open and JB rushed in, “Woah, woah, what’s going on here? We leave for a moment and you guys start fighting?”

“She started it!” Suzy snarled. JB groaned, “Please, the two of you are supposed to be sick and injured. Can we have a little peace and quiet?”

Jiyeon hmphed. JB walked over to her, “The doctor said you’ll have to stay here tonight cos you might be in shock, do you want me to stay with you or something?”

Jiyeon ignored him too. She turned away from him and threw the blanket over herself. JB blinked.

Eunjung patted him on the shoulder, whispering, “This is what happens when you two-time.”

JB looked like a deer caught in the headlights, “What?”

Hyomin took him by the arm, “I think Jiyeon won’t want you here tonight, I guess you better go back with our manager.” She accompanied him to the elevator, where JB protested, “What did I do? Why’s she ignoring me? Wasn’t she just fine just now?”

Hyomin shot him a look, “Surely you’re not that dense, JB. Think about it. And make sure you apologise to her. Jiyeon hates two-timers, as I’m sure you know.” She pressed the button on the elevator, and waved as he went down.

JB emerged from the hospital, his expression still confused. He got into the T-ara van, and the manager drove off to his dorm. He took out his phone and quickly texted Jiyeon.

/ Are you mad at me? What did I do?/

He waited, but there was no reply. He frowned. Her replies were usually instantaneous!

/Jiyeon-ah…are you ignoring me? What’s wrong? Is it because I carried you?/

Nothing. He groaned, sinking deeper into his seat. What had he done???

---------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I'm back!

Jinwoon to the rescue! Hehe. Jiyeon appreciates Jinwoon's rescue, of course, even though she didn't show it much, but she's really grateful to him, and it'll come into play in later chapters. And Jinwoon now enters the game; he has his sights set on Jiyeon! 

Poor JB...it's almost as if he got ed. Guy tries to save the girl and gets kicked to the curb. And he carried Jiyeon, bridal-style! I think i would scream if that happened in real life. And Jiyeon finally meets Suzy; the love square is coming into play here, Suzy was so trying to make Jiyeon jealous. And poor JB, everyone thinks he's two-timing, and he doesn't even get why she's ignoring him! 

Guys, remember to comment and subscribe! Next update should be by end of next week, probably saturday, so please anticipate it!

Also, please support my new story, More Than Meets the Eye, link here: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/271872/more-than-meets-the-eye-jiyeon-exo-kai-luhan-jjcouple-kaistal-luyoon. Main couples are JJCouple, Kaistal and Luyoon. Please support it!