Chapter 3- Greetings

Is This It?

"Ah ah ah!" yelling that each time I chew my ice cream. It's the same with ice cubes as well. When I chew it, my teeth hurts but when I don't, my mouth gets cold and aches. However, ice cream is something else; when you chew it, it hurts your teeth but when you don't, it melts and you can savor that delicious taste and flavor. The taste of ice cream is one thing, but the scent really gets to you!

Kahi and I are at this cafe where they sell mini food and ice cream. Unnie ordered some iced tea while I served myself up for some vanilla and mint ice cream. When I put a scoop of mint in my mouth, it's hard to discribe it but my nose felt tingly and my eyes felt as if they about to cry but they didn't at all. It's a funny feeling. After finishing my ice cream, I like breathing out, my breath smells like mint. "You're such a child, Ailee" Kahi told me. I can't help it, I'm easily entertained.

 

 We left after we both finished. A guy with brown hair wearing tight jeans and a leather jacket came up to me, holding two fingers up and said "Yo". What is that supposed to me? Since he held up two fingers, I replied by holding up three fingers. He looked at me with his eyebrows shifted as if I still had some ice cream on me. He had that kind of smile that is trying to hold in a burst of laughter on his face then left.

 

"What's 'yo'?" I asked Kahi

"it's just a way to greet people. You make friends like that."

"That'll be easy"

she laughed "well it'll take time before you really have a best friend"

 

I toughened up and approached a group of girls, held out two of my fingers and said "yo". They all chuckled at me. I was a little bit confused so I turned around and walked away. On the bright side, at least they did not complained about my greeting. Kahi teased me by saying "that was REALLY nice." I made a face at her.

 

We started walking down north however, clumsy as I am, I did not see a puddle in front of me and slipped.

As I crashed down, I saw an image.

 

Two girls were sitting next to eachother, they were enjoying a day at the backyard. The first girl, smaller than the second girl said "Ah the flowers are blooming up so beautifully." 

"Let's pick some for mom and dad then, shall we?" Suddenly there was a nauseating smell. A scream left the first girl's mouth, "Look behind you!"

 

I opened my eyes, finding Kahi shaking me, "are you ok Ailee?!"

"Un, yeah.." my eyes were wide open as I remember that image I just now saw. Was that a segment of my memory? Well then what happens next? My feelings were twisted in my stomach, I was so scared.