Going Back Home

Pain Music Love

"Where the hell were you?" Ukwon growled as I jumped into the van.

"Sorry! God, you can stop PMSing now!" I snapped back. I slumped into my seat. "Hey, Zelo. How bad was it?" I whispered.

"UTOPIA won...again." He whispered back.

"Ugh! Really?! I didn't even hear the crowd chanting their name like they did for you."

"I know! But they have money, and the judges wrapped around their fingers." Bang growled.

"I swear. If I ever get a chance with one of those guys one on one they're gonna have one less member in their band!" Di spat.

"Yeah, and his name is Youngjae!" Kyung agreed. 

"Youngjae...?" The name sounded familiar but from where?

"Ugh it's a very long story. You'll hear it one day." Zelo yawned as he leaned on my shoulder to take another nap. I leaned my head on his, and I drifted off to sleep too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ireona, we stopped." Zelo mumbled. I opened my eyes, and saw that we indeed did stop. We were at a school. My vision was still blurred. I squinted my eyes to read a sign that said Busan South High School. I nearly jumped out of my seat.

"Bang what are we doing here?"

"Tablo had to talk to some people inside." He yawned. I looked at the neighborhood around me. It looked vaguely familiar.

"Do you any of you know if there's an elementary school near here?"

"How would we know? None of us live in Busan." Di said. 

"Ugh, I'll be back. Come on Zelo." I unbuckled my seat belt, squeezed through everyone's feet, and jumped out the door.

"Where are we going Kyung?" He whined.

"I think I used to live here..." With every new thing I saw a new image popped into my head. Images of when I was young. "Let's walk a few blocks, and see if we find an elementary school." We walked down the block, and I spotted an ice cream parlor named "Maggie Moo's" 

"Do you remember anything yet?" I didn't respond. My feet carried me to the ice cream parlor, and I yanked the door open. As soon as I was inside my mind raced to Kyungsoo, and I coming here every Friday after school. "Mmm it smells good in here." Zelo smiled as he came in behind me.

"Yeah, it's just like I remember it." I sat down in a booth, and ducked my head under the table. "Holy it's still here!!" I ripped off a picture that was glued to the underside of the table.

"What's that?" Zelo slid in the seat across of me.

"Look!" I showed him the old picture of my brother Kyungsoo, and I.

"Wah! That's your brother! You two really do look alike." He examined every inch of the picture.

"Yeah, we put it there the last time we came here. Before we moved away." Just talking about him brought up a lump in my throat.

"Well, I think you should order another ice cream for old times sake." 

"Yeah I should." I jumped up and asked the store owner for a double scoop strawberry twist banana split. That was the exact order Kyungsoo, and I would always get.

"Wah! That looks amazing." Zelo smiled with a spoon in his hand.

"Dig in." We started eating like starving hobos. The taste was so refreshing, and sweet. It made me feel like a little girl again.

"That was delicious. Do you still want to find the elementary school?" He asked.

"Naw, I'm sure this is where I lived." I held up my old picture. "Come on, lets get back to the van before Bang gets pissy.

"Yah! Where did you two run off to? Did you ask my permission to leave?!" Zelo imitated Bang's extra husky voice.

When we got back Tablo was walking back from the high school, and hurried us into the van. 

"Why did we come here?" I asked.

"Because this is going to be our new location." His words fell into my brain heavily like thick stones.

"What!?!" We all said in unison.

"Why are you guys so surprised? You know we have to move every once in a while. There are lots of opportunities for you guys here, plus we need a bigger dorm." Everyone looked at me, and I couldn't help but blush.

"So does this mean I'm in the group?" I asked

"Of course, but I just want it cleared that once you join the band you can't have any contact with your family."

"I know I don't plan on it. Trust me on that one." I thought of all the times I was scared to go home because of Hyunshik.

"And you know what the best part is?" Kyung grinned.

"Should I tell them Kwon?" He teased.

"Sure why not." He held his camera steady capturing every moment.

"Di, and I don't have to go to school anymore!" The smile of anticipation on Zelo, and I's face washed away immediately.

"What?! That's not fair!! Why do we still have to go to school?!" Zelo yelled.

"Yeah they still haven't finished this year yet!!" Life was so unfair.

"Because you guys are still little twerps." Ukwon cackled shaking his camera in our face. "Ooh the look of despair is great. Zelo can you give me a pout?" He teased. I couldn't really be mad. Not when my dream was finally coming true.

-------------------------------------

Yay Kyungmi is finally in DisMay. Wait till she finds out what band Daehyun's in! Plz comment, and subscribe! nighty night. (teehee I found out my school's internet password so now I can go on AFF during class ^_*)