Butterfly Effect

Just Marry Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  chapter seven Butterfly Effect - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -   ________________________________________

 

         

“…Please don’t force him out of his apartment.” Seohyun said to her future father-in-law two days after her last meeting with Yong Hwa at the cafe. Yong Hwa did tell her just call his father but, Seohyun thought it will be rude if you're asking for something just from the phone. You have to meet the person face to face. Seohyun already explained and tried so many reason to convince the old man to not kick Yong Hwa out of his apartment. Jae Sun sighed a bit.

“Yong Hwa told you to do this, right?” he said.

“I… I don’t… He doesn’t…” Seohyun caught off guard because she was in surprise the old man could guess it right.

“Don’t worry Joo Hyun-ah… I won’t kick him out just if you promise me one thing.” Jae Sun said seriously. Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows.

"What is it Mr Jung?"

Jae Sun took a deep breath and let a heavy sighed out. "Please bring Yong Hwa back... Not to my house. But, please bring 'the old' Yong Hwa back."

Seohyun was frowned to hear his words. "What do you mean Mr Jung?"

The old man fixed his seat on his comfortable chair and put his arms on the table before he spoke. "Yong Hwa, that child use to be so obedient, so warm and so smart. But, look at him now..." Jae Sun took a deep desperate breath. "He always rebeling and abandoning his school... He's the heir of my business but, he just wasting his time. I know actually he always sad, always feel alone but, he never want to share his sadness to me, his own father." Jae Sun held and rubbed his forehead before he continued. "The day when his mother died, he was changed 180 degress and when I got married for the second time, he left the house."

Seohyun went speechless when the old man let his burden on his heart out and of course she was surprised with all facts about Yong Hwa.

"He use to be so smart, always be the student with the highest score on his school. But, it was changed when his mother died. I know.. I really know he is so sad even until now."

Then, a silent covered both of them for a while.

"What can I do then for you, Mr Jung?" Seohyun asked, she really touched by Jae Sun's story. Jae Sun himself then looked to Seohyun.

"Please, be his friend and erase his sadness. I want you to marry him actually because I want to give him a friend and make him learn how to responsible because as a husband, his wife is his responsibility. I know my decision seems like selfish and not fair on your side. I'm so sorry."

Seohyun felt so touched with the father figure in front of her who actually so broken because his own son doesn't trust him to over the sadness.

"Mr Jung, I might can't erase his sadness. But, I will try to make him feel not alone and try to make him not wasting his time anymore." Seohyun said.

 

A memory more than two months ago suddenly flashed on Seohyun's mind. The conversation between her and Jung Jae Sun two months before her wedding with Yong Hwa. She met Jae Sun to persuade him to not kick Yong Hwa out of his apartment just like the deal she had before with Yong Hwa.

Seohyun closed to see how emotional Yong Hwa was with every yell he made. Her heart aches to see how desperately Yong Hwa missed his mom until his hands were shaking.

"Omma, saranghae.." He said with low tone. He held his forehead, tried to up all the tears that almost broke down in the edge of his eyes.

Then he could feel a warm grip enveloped his hand so tight. He looked to the one who held it. Seohyun was looking at him with a sad face.

"Don't feel alone again Yong Hwa-ssi... Because I'm here.. I promise I will always be with you."

 

DONG...

 

 

DONG...

 

 

DONG...

 

 

The clock on the top of the tower started to tolling indicating the time was already 12 in the noon, and the two people who were holding hands at The Lamberti Tower just staring at each other and share the silent as the clock keep tolling so grand and so loud, made their heart thumping the same rhyme with the tolling.

And at last the twelveth toll was heard, Seohyun still holding Yong Hwa's hand so tight, they were still staring at each other and still drown in silentness. Seohyun brought her head down when she realized, she almost captivated with his eyes.

"I.. I mean.. We don't know how long our marriage would last. So, why don't we have a good relation ship." Her eyes blinked a few times out of nervousness that started to crept inside her heart. "I lost my brother and you lost your mother.. So, I  really hope you want to be my brother and even though I can't be your mother, at least I can be your sister o..or maybe I just can be your friend." Seohyun explained a bit stuttered. Yong Hwa was still in silent while keep staring on Seohyun and made her not so comfortable.

"People must be get hurt sometimes, we got hurt because of our loss.. and I think what we need is someone who can be there, beside each other side when we get hurt.. I hope we can erase each other sadness."

Yong Hwa held his breath, his stare still full of disbelief feeling. Seo Joo Hyun was always a different girl even from the first time they met. When every girl tried to flirt on him, she slapped him on their first met. When every girl tried hard to be his girlfriend, she only wanted to be his sister and offered him to erase his wound. Simple but, definitely what he needed...

In these past few months, their relationship also had grew into a comfort one and it was made him less tensed, less cold than before. He now could share his thought to someone else, a thing that never happened before. Yong Hwa just realized what she had done to him these few months. She really made him like having a family, like having home for his wounded and tired heart.

She bit her lips when Yong Hwa still staring at her in silent, with an obvious confused expression.

"Maybe we can forget this weird conversation." She said after a few minutes of silent from Yong Hwa. She released her grip on the silent man's hand and turned around. She really wanted to find a place to hide and screamed out all her embarassment.

But, she was being stopped by a grasp on her right arm. She didn't dare to turn her body around and let Yong Hwa only could stare her back.

"Sister would be good Joo Hyun.." He said. He definitely won't waste this chance of miracle.

 

____________________________________________________________________  

And the time flies by between the two. For the five days of honeymoon they or actually their parents had planned, they went to shopping around he famous street of Via Mazzini, Verona's golden mile of shopping, taking you between Piazza Bra and Piazza delle Erbe where most of the major Italian labels were represented, Seohyun buy some stuffs for her family, Taeyeon, The Stupid members and of course Kyu Hyun. For Yong Hwa, she secretly found a guitar chain key, a watch and a bracelet. They visit many old castles, beautiful gardens and lastly, they did an unexpected getaway to Venice which located just 1 hour by train from Verona, watch the masquerade parade and rode a boat with a singing man.

Overall, they had so many good times together for the last three days and their promise to be as siblings made them even closer.

And tonight was their last night on Verona. The night has fallen a little bit deep today. Piazza Bra, one of tourist spot on Verona which provide so many restaurants, cafe, bars and lounge live up with so many tourists who wanted to have their dinner on The City of True Love. On one of the restaurant there were a newly wed, sat on the seat next to the window, a spot where they both like it so much.

"For my new sister.. Jung Joo Hyun!" Yong Hwa raised his wine glass. Seohyun having a light laugh before she also raised her wine glass.

"For my new brother, Jung Yong Hwa." She said and smiled to him. They decided to have a little celebration for their new start as brother and sister.

A sound of light clanck was heard when the two glass met in a light toast. Yong Hwa sipped his red wine slowly, enjoying the taste on his mouth first before actually gulped it. He knew how to taste and enjoy wine because of those businesses family dinner his father always forced him to attend.

On the other hand Seohyun still hesitate to sip the wine.

"Why? Do you haven't drink wine before?" Yong Hwa asked to see Seohyun hesitation. She then looked to her new brother.

"Of course I haven't.." She explained.

"Well you don't have to drink if you don't want to."

"I want to celebrate our new start... But, 18 is not consider as an adult." She trailed off.

Yong Hwa having a light laugh to hear the modest woman in front him

"You're a married woman now Joo Hyun. A married woman is consider as an adult, isn't she?" Yong Hwa said then sipped his wine again.

"Eh.. You're right. So, I'm adult now?" She looked to him straightly with an excited stare.

"Uh.. Umm.. Yes, you are." He stuttered when she stared by her like that. She looked to her wine glass again.

"You don't have to drink it if you don't want."

Seohyun did some inhale and exhale and looked to Yong Hwa.

"I want to drink it." She smirked and gulped all the wine in the glass in one shot.

"Fuwaaaahh.." She huffed. "The taste is kinda weird." She then put the glass on the table and wiped .

"You shouldn't drink like that." Yong Hwa chuckled after a shock he had to see Seohyun gulped all the wine in one shot.

"Why?" She asked innocently.

"You can get drunk faster if you drink so fast." He explained.

"Okay.. Let's do it again in the right way." She then grabbed the wine bottle and poured it again to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter