Chapter 2

A book of debt after story

 

“I can’t believe they are married for 40 years!” I was still in awe the couple was married for so long. After agreeing to be their planner, they arranged accommodation at their lovely house. Dongwoon and I shared the room due to the limit of the rooms in the house.

“Why are you so amazed?” Dongwoon sat on the couch coolly beside me, fidgeting with his phone.

“Because it’s really so wonderful to have such long and lasting marriage,” I pouted my lips. How could someone be so calm! He shrugged in response.

“Why don’t you try it out yourself? It’s hard to live with someone for so long!”

“What? You want to be married to me so fast?” My sentence caught Dongwoon’s attention, his smirk now hung on his face.

“What are you talking about?” I tried to act nonchalant. “Full of nonsense.”

“You are blushing,” Dongwoon came closer and closer to me. I backed up, to the end of the couch. His face was just inches away, causing me to redden even more.

“The weather is warm!” I lied without even thinking.

“Even when the room is 16 degrees?” He smirked even more, seeing through my lies.

“I’m hot blooded!” I just want to scramble away from him.

“Liar,” He leaned in, giving a peck on my forehead.

“I’m not,” I stuck out my tongue at him. He chuckled as he sat back up. I went over the window for some fresh air, and to cool my hot skin down. Then I saw those wonderful lights, even more visible than in Seoul.

“Dongwoon!” I turned back into the room.

“Wae?” Dongwoon looked up at me.

“Let’s go see stars!” I grinned at him. Gazing at stars was his favorite hobby after all. Without waiting for an answer, I grabbed his arms and we rushed out of the house. I opened the wooden door, running into the dark night. Our head covered with millions of stars that sparkled in the dark night. It was a whole sky of shiny stars, brighter than those in Seoul because of the lack of street lights.

“Wow,” Dongwoon stood there, awestruck.

“It’s remarkable isn’t it? We never knew there are so many stars. It’s like looking at the night sky for the first time.” I smiled also raising my head to admire the sky.

“Uh-huh,” Dongwoon nodded, his sight now focused only at the sky. We stood in silence, gazing at the night sky.

“How I wish mum could see this.” Dongwoon spoke after awhile. My heart melted at his words. I grabbed his hands, letting him know I’m here for him. He turned and smiled at me.

“Ah-choo!” I gave a loud sneeze.

“You just had to spoil the moment.” He chuckled softly. I rubbed my neck in embarrassment.

“Let’s go in before you catch a cold,” He led me back into the house.

I yawned widely, taking notes of things that we needed to do tomorrow. Planning a wedding ceremony was no joke. Everyone had their own vision of a wedding. My mum used to tell me how she and my dad got married on beach in Jeju Island. No family member, no friends, just the two of them.

“Yoora,” Dongwoon soft voice woke me up from the short nap. Before I could completely regain my consciousness, I was lifted off. I opened my eyes in shock, finding myself in Dongwoon’s arms. The room was covered in darkness.

“What are you doing?” I froze in my position.

“You fell asleep on the couch,” He smiled.

“Ah, sorry,” I blushed, as he set me on the bed.

“There’s nothing to be sorry for,” He tugged me into bed and walked away.

“Wait,” I sat up, stopping him by the end of his shirt. He turned back, looking over.

“Where are you going?”

“To the couch and sleep?” Dongwoon eyed me.

“Why on the couch?” I frowned, unhappy with the arrangement.

“It…it’s not like… we never sleep on the same bed.” I mumbled the last part of the sentence, too ashamed to say it out loud.

“Did I just hear wrongly?”

“Aissh, never mind,” I lie back down, covering myself with the blanket. How could I ask for such things?!

“You are weird you know,” Dongwoon was suddenly by my side, on the bed. He flipped open the blanket that covered my face, revealing my reddened face. I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Night,” Dongwoon gave a peck on my forehead. I smiled shyly at the skin ship, turning away from him. Dongwoon circled my waist with his muscular arms, snuggling closer me. I could feel the heart beat as my back pressed against his chest.

Soon, our breathing synchronized. I was still awake, enjoying his presence. Slowly, my hands entangled his, holding it tightly.

“Your hair smells so nice,” Dongwoon whispered softly.

“ert,” I answered him back, grinning.

“Night,” Dongwoon kissed my hair, falling into dreamland.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How is this? Hope you guys will enjoy it!^^

do comment & tell me what you think!