Chapter 5

A book of debt after story

“Yoora, Yoora,” Dongwoon shook me gently. I opened my eyes, looking at the dark surrounding. I wasn’t in the car anymore. I was in the backyard of the Dean’s house, sitting on a rocking chair.

“Why are we here?” I rubbed my eyes, getting a clearer vision of the surrounding.

 Now, then I realised where was I. Dongwoon had the place decorated with Christmas lights, that wrapped itself on the railings of the deck extended from the house. Rose petals covered the wooden floor and candles placed at corners lit up beautifully. In front of us, a tree hung with candles in glass holder, brightening up the back yard. 

“Dongwoon,” I gazed at my surroundings, admiring. I loved this place. Dongwoon smiled, not speaking. He sat beside me on another rocking chair. From his back, he suddenly pulled out a ukulele. I giggled at the sight. But Dongwoon wasn’t affected.

He started strumming to the ukuele, singing the best love song I ever heard in my life. My eyes not leaving my prince charming, I swayed to the music. At the end of his performance, I couldn’t help but melt. It was simply touching.

Putting his ukulele away, he drew out another surprise for me.

“What’s this?” He handed me the wooden rectangular box.

“Open it.” Dongwoon instructed. I unlocked the box, and opened it. A hard covered white book laid neatly in the box. I picked it up, reading the title.

“A book of Yoora & Dongwoon?” I ran my hands through the golden words craved onto the book. He nodded. I looked back at the book, and in the box, I realized laid something else.

“Read it,” I handed Dongwoon the envelope, I believed to contain a letter.

“What?” Dongwoon looked at me bewildered.

“Read it,” I instructed again.

“Only once,” He took the letter and cleared his throat.

Yoora,

A book of debt brought us together. If not for the book, my life wouldn’t change. A change that I never did expected. The first sight of you irritates me, but I must say you’re persistent and optimistic. We both lost our mothers and had been through a lot. It takes just that fact to connect us together. As we got to understand and comprehend each other, I can’t help but fall for your charms. I never spoke these words, ever, not to anyone.

I didn’t know how to express myself till I met you,

I wouldn’t know the colors in the world if not for you,

I couldn’t feel the warmth till I get to know you,

You taught me everything I have yet to learn,

You spared me from the agony I earn,

Thanks to you,

My life made its change.

Would I have the honor of becoming the partner for the rest of your life?

Dongwoon had difficulty reading the whole letter, as it contained his most inner feelings for me. But, he persisted, knowing it was necessary to complete reading. I smiled, knowing how much he loved me, how much he wanted to be with me.

“Can you read it again?” I begged, showing him an ageyo.

“No,” Dongwoon blushed, quickly folding the letter back into its place.

“Please?” I tried again. Dongwoon looked at me, and swallowed hard.

“Aiish, no,” Dongwoon stood up and walked away, towards the tree.

“Yah~” I followed him. He shook his head, refusing. I pouted with my hands on my hips.

“Dongwoon, AH!” My leg gave in as I took another step, falling on the grass patch.

“Are you alright?” Dongwoon immediately rushed forward.

“I hate heels,” I grimaced, pulling out my heels from my sore legs. Dongwoon chuckled at the sight, as he lent a hand to help me up. I got up, stepping on the cold earth.

“Ah, cold,” I shivered, the coldness travelling up my legs. Dongwoon suddenly grabbed my waist, pulling me close to him. My feet landed on his leather shoes, away from the earth.

“Is this better?” Dongwoon asked. I nodded, full of blushes. My hands encircled his waist, as I leaned my head on his chest. Dongwoon started swaying, moving left to right, as if to dance to his own tempo, his own melody. My body moved in sync with him. Soon enough, we were immersed with our dancing.

“Do you really mean what you said?” I whispered, not wanting to ruin the atmosphere.

“Which part?” He asked.

“To be my partner for the rest of my life,” I smiled, recalling the words.

“Do you wish that I meant it?”

“I do,”

“Then, I do too,”

“Really?” I pulled away from him, hands still around his waist. He nodded.

“You are the best.” I smiled.

He grinned at me. Slowly, he leaned over and titled my face up to his with a hand under my chin. He gazed at me deep into my eyes. Then, his eyes searched for what he needed, my lips.

Time stood still as our lips moved together as one. His lips were so soft and warm. I could feel him smiling in between those minty kisses. It made me smile too. He pulled away from the kiss. I gazed into his beautiful brown eyes and he uttered one word to me, ‘mine’. I nodded shyly, leaning back onto his chest.

Holding onto each other, taking a step at a time, we slowly waltz our way to happiness.

THE END

By: Justabunny

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello guys.

THIS REALLY IS THE END FOR BOOK OF DEBT

But somehow, I wasn't sad this time cause i really wrote the happy ending^^

A happy ending too, for you guys. I hope you guys had enjoyed the story <3

THANKS TO YOU GUYS I HAVE SUCH MOTIVATION!!!!!((:

Thanks^^ gomawo