12th of February, 2013

Heaven's Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
2 12th of February, 2013     PLAY MUSIC ♫

 

Ashigarashimo,  Kanagawa,  Japan                                                                    

February 12, 2013

Tuesday

 

A month passed by in a blur and I already have plans for my trip in Korea. The night before our flight since I’ll be heading to Korea and Jeehyun and Father will be heading to China, I decided to sleep beside my brother.

 

“Noona, Mom is in heaven, right?” Jeehyun asked innocently.

“Yes, she is.” 

“It means Mom’s an angel?” He looked up to me and batted his eyelashes

“Yes, she’s our guardian angel.” 

“I bet Mom’s the most beautiful angel ever!” He said with glee.

“Yes, definitely.” I smiled. 

“Hyunnie, be a good boy to Father and Nana Minshin, okay?” I told him and his hair.

“You’re not coming with us, noona?” He looked up with his puppy eyes.

“I already told you, Hyunnie. Don’t pretend you don’t know.” I narrowed my eyes at him before I tickled him. He burst into laughter and after a good minute I stopped.

“But I’m gonna miss you, noona.” He pouted.

“It’s just three weeks. It’ll be just quick then we’ll be together again.” I cheered him up.

“Really?” 

“Really.”  I tucked him again.

“Now, we need to sleep. We still have an early flight tomorrow.”

 

I turned off his room light and his night light. An imitation of the milky way is projected on his room. I slipped in beside him and hugged his tiny body. Surely, I’m gonna miss him. This will be the first time we’ll be away from each other.

 

 

My family picture slipped out from my passport and it flew away. I hastily followed it then I heard a loud honk. I turned to my side and everything went fast in a second. Everythings a blur then the next thing I know the world went black. 

 

I opened my eyes again and I slowly stood up. A bright light welcomed me and I closed my eyes. I saw someone but everything was a blur. I felt something behind my back. To my surprise, a pair of white wings flapped. I gasped but eventually smiled at the person that I can’t seem to see clearly. I spread my wings but it started to glow that made me shut my eyes. I opened her eyes again and I’m in another place. Suddenly she saw her appa and his brother walking happily, hand in hand.

 

 “Father! Jeehyun!”

 

I beamed but they didn’t notice me, so I ran to them and stopped in front of them but they just walked through me. I was shocked, it’s like I’m not here. I looked back. I saw them ride in the car. I tried to get in the car too but I can’t hold the car handle. My hand passes through the handle like a smoke. I looked at them and tried to call them but they couldn't hear me. The car started to drive away and I was left at the side of the road. I look hopelessly at the car as it drives away. Suddenly I heard a loud honk and screeches of car tires. I ran towards it but the ten-wheeler had crashed into Father’s car.

 

 

I gasped for air and opened my eyes. Cold sweats run down my face. I looked beside me and saw Jeehyun sleeping peacefully. I glance at the wall clock. It’s 2:30am in the morning. I decided to go downstairs to fetch myself a glass of water. I closed the fridge door after I poured myself some water but to my surprise, someone was standing beside me.

 

“Ah-!” I screamed but the person covered my mouth instantly.

“Jaehwa it’s me! You’re gonna wake everybody up!” He said in a hushed manner.

“I was shocked to death!” I placed my hand on my chest. My heart was beating too fast.

“I thought you’re a ghost. Why are you walking around with that bluish thing on your face?”

“This is the new trending face mask. It’s gonna make me handsome.” He said with a sass tone and I stifled a laugh.

“Even if you put thousands of that, it won’t make you handsome. Your face is a hopeless case.” I said seriously and drank my water.

“Excuse me? You just hurt my handsomeness.” He scoffed and we both laughed in a hushed tone.

“Why are you up anyway? Are you that excited?” He said as he fetched himself some water too.

“I just had a nightmare. How about you?”

“Just finishing some piled up paperworks. Your father will look over the new branch in China. So, I’ll be left here in Japan to look over while he’s gone.”

“Don’t overwork yourself please.” I pat his shoulder.

“Don’t worry about me, princess. You should go back to sleep. You still have an early flight tomorrow.”

“Okay, goodnight, Beast.” 

“Good night, ugly duckling.” He retorted. 

 

 

   

 

Tokyo, Japan

Narita International Airport

February 13, 2013

Wednesday

 

 

 

Early in the morning, we were all set to go to the airport. We brought two cars because Minshin and two other helpers will be going with Father and Jeehyun in China. When we arrived at the airport, we waited for our departure. Father and Jeehyun’s departure is ten minutes earlier than mine.

 

“That’s our queue to go.” My father said as their departure details had been announced.

“Jeehwa, make sure to call me the moment you land, okay? I’ll call you everyday and if you fail to answer one of my calls, I’ll make sure to drag you back with us. Is that clear?” My father reminded me and I laughed because it’s the nth time he said that.

“Yes, Father, I will. Now, go before the plane leaves you.” I  hugged him then I kneel down to talk to Jeehyun.

“Remember what I told you last night?” I ask him.

“Yes, I’ll be a good boy. I’ll miss you, Noona.” He hugged me tightly and I hugged him back. 

“I’ll call you everyday, okay? And just look at this when you miss me okay?” I said as I touched the locket that he was wearing. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter