01.

Beside You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was peacefully reading a book under this shaded tree with no one to interfere my concentration, my back is fully rested on it's trunk while my ears are occupied with a classical music that I always loved.

 

"I have fallen for her, I'm sorry."

 

"Anneyeong, oppa!" Her voice overpowers the music that's continuously flowing in my ears, I looked up to meet her angelic eyes, those eyes that seems so peaceful all the time. I smiled at her letting her know that I'm happy to see her presence.

"Hey." I simply said. I patted the space beside me, gesturing for her to sit. She nodded and complied with my simple offer.

She rested her head on my shoulder and asked me to sing, those simple things made my heart skip a beat. And, I did.

Once she closed her eyes, I sighed and relaxed my tense body. It has always been like this, ever since that day.

We were so young back then, but I already knew that it was love that I felt when she held my hand and dragged me away from those guys who bullied me that time. 

I was always the clam, quiet and reserve one and she was the complete opposite, even if that's the case we remained the best of friends. Of course we had other sets of friends but in the end of the day, we always end up finding each others' company.

And this is the time of the day where we would spend the rest of our time with each other, only the two of us with no one to spare us apart. Everyday seems perfect for the both of us, until he came to her life and he's slowly taking her away from me.

"Oh!" She suddenly jolted up. I gave her a quizzical look when she stared at me with wide eyes. "What's wrong? It's him again, isn't it?" I asked making sure it doesn't sound that I am jealous, which I really am.

She nodded and quickly grabbed her bag. She scanned for her phone and when she found it, she gave me a quick hug and whispered the words that always irritates me. "Mianeh, I have  to go."

She stood up and waved, I just nodded in response with no expression at all. She sighed and gave a one last apologetic look before completely disappearing.

I sighed for nth time and placed my left hand on my chest where my heart is placed, I squeezed the clothing above it representing how my heart feels right now. "Why can't you stop aching?" I asked still clenching my 'heart'.

--------- 

It was a lovely Saturday afternoon, I was sitting on my bed reading the book I never finished because of some interruptions. Of course, my room was filled with soft notes coming from the DVD player. I never read a book without a classical music filtering the background. 

 

"What if she'll never love you back?"


My phone rings which hindrance me again from reading this book, I dropped it to my side and snatched my phone from the night stand and looked over to the caller's name: 'Min Rin', it read. 

I remembered when she tried changing her name into 'BFF <3', which I made fun of and the reason why she didn't wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter