The Nerds

After Generation shots

 

Normally it’s always about how a popular student falls in love with a nerd. However this story is different. This story is about a nerd falling in love with another nerd.

Jooyeon’s POV

The sound of hell is ringing right next to me. My hand reached out of my blanket towards my worst nightmare – my alarm. I searched blindly for the off button but it was nowhere to be found. It’s starting to get on my nerves. I angrily started to hit the alarm, wishing for it to shut up and let me sleep. However, it didn’t work.

I lifted my covers away from my face and screamed “AISH!!” while ruffling my bed hair. I looked towards the evil sounds and gave it a big evil glare, just somehow hoping it would stop ringing, but it didn’t so I had to reach out for the off button myself.

I ruffled my hair once again and shouted “AISH!!” again. Why does school have to start so early?! School is wasting most of my time to be quite honest, I know most of the stuff... I could just go on Google and find my answers to things I want to learn or go in the library and read books… Either way I stopped complaining and accepted the fact that I had school, so I got out of my bed and started to get ready.

Before I left the house, I looked into the mirror picked up a brush and brushed through my hair. I looked at the brush slowly running through my long hair. I looked at the mirror again then wondered why I’m even bothering making myself look presentable. I ruffled my hair again and made my meant to be side fringe into a long full fringe and put on my square framed glasses. My hair is scruffy but my uniform isn’t. Maybe I do put effort in making myself look presentable, but only for uniform because I don’t want to hear the teachers nagging to me about it.

I walked out of the house and made my way to school. I never look straight forward, I always bend my back and liked at the ground while walking, mainly because of my hair in the way. But it doesn’t really bother me, even when people call me lanky. It’s reasonable. I’m kinda tall and skinny, plus I don’t walk straight or sit up straight. Maybe I’m not straight that’s why aha. I’m so sad talking and laughing at my own jokes in my mind.

I then arrived at the school; I stopped and sighed before I made my way in the classroom. I ruffled my hair a bit more then slid open the classroom door. It was expected for my class to be noisy and messy. I tried to make my way through the crowds to sit down where I’m supposed to sit. It was actually quite easy to make my way through. People thinks I’ve got some kind of disease, they give me weird looks and move away themselves. It’s not a bad thing looking scruffy to be honest.

As I sat down I pulled out my notebook and stationaries ready for class. While everyone is still chatting, fooling around I was the only one ready to learn, although I don’t really want to. Hmm… I’ll take that back, maybe not just me. There’s another girl sitting on the other side of the room seem to be ready to learn. Who caught my attention when I was scanning through the classroom.

She was sitting next to the window zoning out, while playing with her pink fluffy pen. She was wearing glasses, in pink. Her hair was tied back in a pony-tail and her fringe is clipped up. If I remember correctly her name is Hwang Miyoung, such a cute name, I silently giggled. I don’t really know my classmates names. I never have the intentions to, because I want to use the space in my brain to remember something useful. And if you’re wondering how I remember Miss Hwang’s name, it’s because she’s similar to me a bit. She’s also classified as a nerd.

Also on the first day of school when she was introducing herself she stuttered a lot, quite an adorable thing to see to be honest. But once she started to talk about what she likes, there was no stuttering, just confidence.

I LOVE PINK!!!” She exclaimed, full of confidence.

After she stated that she loves pink the classmates started to giggle and laugh. Then something she loves was plastered on her face. Her cheeks were bright pink. She then ended her introduction and sat back down. Cute right? Quite a smart way to make someone remember you.

The start of school bell rang. Everyone sat down straight facing the board. I heard that we’ll be given some project. I sighed. Not at the idea of having to do a project but the idea that we’ll have a high chance that we have to partner up to complete the project.

The door slowly and painfully opened. The teacher walked in, her footsteps were heavy. I’ve got a bad feeling about this, really bad. Why can’t she walk faster and tell us that we have projects but no need to work in groups?

“Good morning class.” “Good morning Miss Kim.” We all stood up and bowed together. “I’ve got great news for you all.” She informed us with her innocent eye smile. “Sarcasm much Miss.” I muttered under my breath. “I’ve set you guys a project that you have to work in pairs! Yayy!” Miss said with full of enthusiasm and clapping by herself. Everyone sighed, some looked at their friends and pointed at themselves then their friends, wanting to team up with each other. However… “Also I’ve prepared this box. Your fate of your life~” Miss smirked. People started to boo, but Miss Kim still carried on and called people up one by one.

They’ll put their hand in the box in the pond of papers and find out who’s destined to be their partner for this project. Once the name is picked out they’ll sit next to their pair. While the teacher called my name to pick my pair, I was shaking, I was scared but managed to go out and put my hand in the box. I rummaged my hand in the box, and chose my destined partner. I gave my piece of paper to the teacher, she then read out the name. “Jooyeon and Miyoung.” I sighed at the results and made my way and sat next to the girl.

The girl had her head hanged low and lowered it a little when I sat down. I guess she was bowing so I bowed back. I sat next to her and looked out the window she was previously looking out at. Wow I wish I sat here, the view outside was amazing. I really don’t know why we needed to form a pair, I’m sure I’m smart enough to do this project alone, although we haven’t even got told what the project is based on.

After everyone sat next to their pair you could be able to hear people go “I wanted to be with one of those two. They’re so smart I’ll get a high grade just sitting with them, I wouldn’t need to do any work.”

Miss clapped her hands and all the attention went her. “The project is about hair and beauty – fashion.” Ouch that hurt, I didn’t expect it be on something that I on. And looking at my partner I’m sure she doesn’t have enough knowledge about it. I then heard her sigh, which made my presumption correct. “Now you guys can have free time to sort out your job roles.” Miss added and sat down to correct her papers.

“Urm hi I’m Jooyeon…” I firstly introduced myself to her. “Hi I’m Tiffany…” she mumbled. “I thought your name was Miyoung…” She shot a quick glared at me. “I don’t like my Korean name… call me Tiffany.” Oh I see. “I’m lacking knowledge about this subject… by any chance do you know anything?” me asking the obvious. She shook her head “Urm so do you want to go out after school, to the mall?” she took a while to think of an answer, but in the end she agreed. God I haven’t spoken that much in my life.

After school we both went to the mall looking at makeup, clothes shops. While we were looking at the makeup a women who was working their started to ask us “Girls do you mind helping us out? It’s a free make over. Free clothes, free hair styling and make up. It’s one of our company projects.” Tiffany looked at me, I guess she wanted me to make the decision. “It’ll be good for our project, let’s try it out.” I whispered in her ear then she nodded. “Urm yeah sure why not.” I replied to the lady and smiled nervously.  “We need to take a picture is that fine?” The staff asked, we then both nodded.

We then both got separated as they were picking different style clothes for us. After the clothes were picked I got changed then I was lead into the salon to get my done. I wasn’t able to see Tiffany around I guess she was still finding clothes.  After about an hour later my makeup was also done along with my hair. The staff instructed me to stand in front of a big mirror. I totally did not recognise the reflection. I touched my face making sure if that reflection belonged to me. And it did. My fringe was trimmed, hair was layered dyed brown-ish. Eyeliner was applied etc. I no longer looked scruffy for once. If people are wondering why I didn’t need to put back my glasses on to see is because they’re just reading glasses, I wear them to hide myself…shhh…

I then asked the women where my “friend” was. She pointed at the closed room and informed me that Tiffany was getting changed after the hair and makeup. I nodded and waited for Tiffany to come out. I don’t know why I felt my heart beating for some reason, I was having high expectation. To calm my heart down I decided to ask the staff some beauty tips and stuff for the project, I can’t forget about that.

I then heard the door open; I quickly looked at the girl walking out. My mouth was opened so wide I think my fist would fit in it. “Wow Tiffany, you’re…you’re beautiful.” Once again something she loved was on her face, Tiffany was blushing once again. But seriously guys she is beautiful, her hair was dyed red, I wonder why not pink to be honest aha. I felt that my heart will soon pound out onto the girl, she’s just so beautiful, I don’t know how else I could describe what I’m seeing.

“Jooyeon-shi you’re beautiful too.” Tiffany looked down and muttered but I was able to hear her. I felt my cheeks burn. “Tiffany you can drop the shi, no need to be formal” I smiled. She looked up and nodded and smiled back. “Wow you’ve got a really nice eye smile.” I covered my mouth that wasn’t meant to be said out loud. Now Tiffany’s cheeks were close to the colour of her hair.

“Can we take another picture of you guys?” we both nodded. After the picture was taken the staff then showed us the before and after. I was shocked, we changed a lot. Just by applying makeup, changing our hair colour and style and clothes. The staff sent us the pictures as it could help us on our project.

We have totally learned a lot today, the staff also gave us free products for us to use they also taught us how to use it. We also got to keep the clothes. Being scruffy isn’t that bad we were able to get free stuff. We sat on the bus going back home with big bags. “My legs hurt.” I complained. “Me too, I haven’t been out like this since years. It’s my first time going out with a friend too.” Tiffany replied. “You consider me as a friend?” Tiffany then shyly nodded. Aww she’s so cute I just want to pinch her cheeks.

“Ah this is my stop; I’ll have to get off now Jooyeon. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Tiffany bid her goodbye then gave me her lovely eye smile. My heart… what’s wrong with it today?

---

Today waking up was different. Once I heard my alarm I shot up, out of bed straight away. I was excited seeing something today…or someone. Today I also took the time to take care of my appearance. I styled my hair and applied make up on. Although I’m not that good like the staffs yesterday, but I’m learning. Why am I bothering to do all this today? Maybe I want to hear someone say I’m beautiful again… I felt my cheeks heat up again.

I made my way to school. This time I had my back up straight, I was looking forward instead of down. I heard boys walking pass me whispering to each other. “Omg is that the girl we see every day? She’s changed. She’s so pretty.” “And very beautiful.” Hmm… why doesn’t them complementing me have the same effect as Tiffany?

I sighed like I usually do before walking in the classroom. Today the class wasn’t all over the place. They were gathering near someone’s seat near the window. My heart ached. They were all over Tiffany’s seat. I saw Tiffany’s face through the gap of people. She didn’t look so comfortable. So I decided to make my way through the crowed. Today wasn’t easy like normally, they didn’t back off. I think they were too busy paying attention to Tiffany. I raised my voice “MOVE!” they all turned back and looked at me. “Who is she?” people whispered between them. “Jooyeon…” Tiffany said quietly. “What?!!? Jooyeon?!!?” Everyone shouted in disbelief and looked at me. “What happen to you two?” “You guys look so hot!” people started to comment. Ew I thought. I then grabbed Tiffany’s hand and out of the class and towards somewhere quiet and sat down.

“Wow that was hectic.” I stated. “aha yeah…” Tiffany replied looking down. I then looked at the direction she was looking at; oh I was holding her hand… “Urm sorry.” I quickly released her hand. The bell went. “I guess we should go back to class aha.” I said and then we made our way back to class.

---

Because we still are lacking knowledge about fashion we went to the mall nearly every day after school. Because it’s the New Year everything was on sale which made loads of people to be at the mall. We walked around and some guy walked into Tiffany. I saw her losing balance so I decided to hug her for her to regain balance and stop getting nudged by people. After Tiffany regained her balance I let go of her and offered her my hand. “I wouldn’t like to lose you in the crowed.” I smiled. She then took my hand. We walked around with our hands holding on to each other. Everything felt so natural.

After we finished shopping we were on the bus once again. “urm Tiffany… what’s your number? I wouldn’t like to lose you when we’re shopping but if we do I could call you.” I asked nervously. “Pass me your phone.” I did as she told she then inputted some number in her phone. I then called her so she’ll also have my number. I saved her as Tippany, as I find it hard to pronounce the f’s.

The road was bumpy. I saw Tiffany leaning against the window asleep. She didn’t look comfortable so I placed her head on my shoulder so she would feel a bit more comfortable. When it was nearly her stop I nudged her a bit. She slowly opened her eyes and looked up. Omg she’s so cute. “It’s nearly your stop I think you should wake up now.” I smiled

Tiffany’s POV

“It’s nearly your stop I think you should wake up now.” Jooyeon charmingly smiled. I think I can faint right now. Omg I’m sleeping on her shoulder I hope I didn’t dribble on her.  I got off her shoulder and then said thank you and goodbye as it’s my stop. Once I got off the bus I waved good bye to Jooyeon who was still in the bus.

Once I got home I rolled on my bed with my phone in my hand wondering if I should text Jooyeon.

To: Joo

Hey Jooyeon, it’s Tiffany. Thank you for today ^^

I hope I didn’t dribble on your shoulder earlier ^///^

From: Tippany

To: Tippany

It’s alright, you sleep like a princess, there was no dribble~

I’m really tired; I’m going to go to bed, it was really fun today. You should also sleep soon Fany ya~

See you later princess ^^ <3

From Joo

 

Tiffany held her phone close to her chest she felt it pounding really hard. She just called me princess. She must be my knight. I then remembered her hugging me tight in her arms earlier, I felt really protected. Also the softness of her hands still lingered on mine. I then fell asleep of the thought of Jooyeon.

---

Jooyeon’s POV

School was the same people mainly boys were gathered around me and Tiffany. We never really received this much attention before, we’re now slowly getting used to it. At break time Tiffany was missing from her seat, I wonder where she went? I decided to get up from my seat and walk out of the classroom needing some fresh air, and away from the people.

I walked outside was about to sit under a tree before I saw Tiffany with a boy. He was confessing to her. My heart ached; I didn’t like what I was seeing. I wonder why… I walked always quickly I didn’t want to look at this anymore.

---

Tiffany’s POV

I walked towards Jooyeon waiting for her to hurry up and pack up her stuff so we can go to the mall. “Ah Tiffany… urm… I can’t go out today sorry, you can go with someone else…” Jooyeon said, I don’t know if it’s just me or she had a cold tone when saying that. I just replied and went straight home.

It’s nearly been a week, me and Jooyeon haven’t been going to the mall. It feels like she’s rejecting me. She always tells me that I can go with someone else. I’ve got no one else besides her… I wonder what’s going through her mind. I’ve decided to talk to her about it.

When school’s finished I stood next to Jooyeon. “Sorry Tiff… I can’t go today either. Go with someone else.” “Joo… you keep telling me to go with someone else… who else can I go to the mall with besides you? We have to do our project together…”

Jooyeon’s POV

Oh yeah… I forgot that the whole point going out to town is to do our project. I got caught up with the moment I thought it’s just us going out for fun… “Go out with your boyfriend or someone.” “Boyfriend?” Tiffany wondered. “Yeah I saw someone confess to you…” “Joo…don’t tell me this is the reason why you’re avoiding me?” “…I thought that you’ll like to spend more time with him than me…”Ouch I think my own words are hurting myself… “Also I’m afraid to fall deeper in love with you…” I covered my mouth; I so did not just say that out loud… OMG LEE JOOYEON WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO STUPID?! Oh well I guess it might scare her away and she can spend more time with her boyfriend. I looked down didn’t even dare to look at Tiffany.

“First Joo, I don’t have a boyfriend.” My eyes widen, it felt like a dagger stabbed in my heart disappeared but I still didn’t look up. “Second…Jooyeon look at me.” I then felt her lifting my head up with her finger and thumb. My head was lifted to face her, but I looked away. “Joo don’t be like this… I wouldn’t be able to stop myself…” I was confused what Tiffany was talking about, but I still didn’t look at her. I then felt her breath on my cheek, I then turned around. At that moment our lips touched for the first time.

Tiffany’s POV

Her face was just so irresistible, I wanted to look at her closer, but the closer I looked, I just couldn’t stop myself leaning forward. At that moment Jooyeon turned her face our lips collided. It was so soft, I wanted more. I placed a kiss on those soft lips that I’ve been secretly longing for. I’m so glad that she loves me. I pulled away; I then placed my forehead on hers. “Jooyeon I love you too. So please don’t avoid me I don’t like it. My heart hurts when you don’t talk to me.” “I’m sorry… I thought you’ll rather be with your boyfriend…” “I told you I don’t have a boyfriend, I don’t have space for a boyfriend, my heart and mind is just full of you…” I shamelessly admitted. “… I think you’ll have to leave a bit of space for your mind to do our project aha.” “Aha okay, as long as I’ll be doing it with you.” I placed another kiss on those luscious lips.

---

Well I guess it’s changed into how popular nerds fell in love?


sobs i was planning to update this on Christmas... failed. sorry >.<

well merry late Christmas and happy late New Year~

2 more request to finish then i think this fic will be completed... as i struggle with one shots and i haven't really been in a writing fics mood also i need to finish my other one~

- nahi-kana -