Part 1

All For You

"DongHae Oppa!" YoonA ran towards him with excitement, careful not to drop the bundle of warmth in her arms. "Look, look, look! Guess what Manager Oppa finally let us have? PETS! Isn't he cute?" She shoved the little brown puppy into his face, causing him to back up into HyukJae's shoulders and grimace a little. The tiny maltipoo had long, dark brown hair that curled everywhere, barely revealing it's dark eyes and nose. It's tongue, the color of bubble gum, was sticking out playfully. "She's Yuri Unnie's Christmas gift to me! Isn't she lovely?!" YoonA kept pushing the dog closer and closer to DongHae, causing him to feel a little claustrophobic.

"Why did you pick a brown one?" DongHae asked in a mocking tone, making her seem dumb. "They're not as cute as the blonde ones." He pushed the puppy away by it's nose, and then wiping his hand on his trousers, trying to get rid of the dog germs.

"Well, Yuri Unnie did suggest choosing a blonde one. It was a lot bigger in size, though it's still a lap dog. And it was very cute indeed." YoonA was thinking back to when they were at the pet store only an hour earlier. "But this one caught my eye because she's an orphan. Her parents and siblings all died in a car crash, along with the family that used to own her. But she's the only when that survived that fatal accident. Can you believe it, Oppa? A little mutt like her survived a severe accident!"

DongHae shrugged. "Stranger things have happened."

"She must be very blessed by God."

"She's a dog, YoonA. Don't be silly." He rolled his eyes at his hoobae and her little pet, mocking her with his gaze. How childish could she be? To get excited to have a hairy creature in her home. His mother is deathly afraid of cats and dogs, and she surely would not approve of YoonA having this little runt as a pet.

"Did you want to come to our dorm for a while, Oppa?" YoonA suggested just as he was about to walk away, done with silently criticizing her new little friend. "We haven't really hung out in a while, and there are some presents for you under the tree we set up."

He looked back at her in wonder, her eyes large with hope and excitement. She looked so innocent and  young holding onto her little brown maltipoo, so child-like. It almost hurt him to decline her offer, especially in the rather harsh way that he did. "Presents? For me? From who?"

She seemed to hesitate to answer and heaved a sigh. "...Me."

"Just you?"

She nodded.

"Then it can wait, can't it?" he gave her one of his sarcastic fake smiles, the ones he usually gave his fans when they were being annoying and wouldn't leave him alone. She knew that look all too well. . . Everybody did, since it IS the dashing Lee DongHae we're talking about, after all. "I don't think I need to use up so much energy to walk all the way over there to open just one measly little present from you. Right YoonA?"

"Well, actually, Oppa. . . ," she seemed uneasy. "There's five presents for  you."

"FIVE?! For me? I thought you said you were the only one who bought presents for me?"

"I was."

He laughed bitterly. "It can still wait, YoonA." He started to walk away, because he knew he couldn't possibly face her while saying his next words. "I'm not going to miss spending Christmas with Super Junior just because you want me to open a few presents for you. What're they gonna be? A rubber fishy and a few bobbleheads of myself? Ha! I get enough of those from ELF's."

She had gasped silently at his words, hurt starting to show on her face. The little tears crept down her cheeks quietly, not that he noticed them, since he didn't even spare her another look. His words rang out in her head for weeks afterwards, haunting her like a ghost. She had stood like that for hours after he left the room that one Christmas morning. The little maltipoo had even fallen asleep in her  arms, since she was so still, nestling close to her heavy heart. After a lot of thought, she dropped the puppy off at her dorm, put on a white coat and snow boots, and walked. She'd walked for miles, not knowing where she was going, and not caring. That year, Im YoonA did not spend her Christmas with her Soshi members.

*

"YoonA-yah!" Yuri called from the living room of the girls' dorm. "Hurry up! What's taking you so long?!"

YoonA hastily brushed out the tangles in her hair before examining herself one last time in the mirror again. "Coming, Unnie!" She hurried out of her room and skipped towards a fuming Yuri.

At the airport, they greet the Super Junior members as they got off the plane. "WELCOME HOME!" Yuri exclaimed as she launched herself at the broad-shouldered Siwon, who just as excitedly picked her up in his arms and twirled her around a few times.

"Yah! MaYuri!" a cranky HeeChul called. "Cut it out, we're in public!"

YoonA held a box of chocolate and a handful of strings, each connected to a sapphire blue balloon. She smiled at all of them with her perfectly pink lips, her eyes shining as they settled upon an extra handsome member. She approached DongHae and shyly handed him the box of chocolate. "Hi, Oppa!" she greeted cheerfully.

He nodded at the chocolates, realizing that they were his favorite kind.

"Aweeeee, YooooonA!" ShinDong called as he stepped off the plane, the last one of the boys. "How come the fish gets chocolate and not the rest of us, eh? We're all hungry from the long plane ride too!" Some of the boys made whooping noises, agreeing with him.

"YoonA doesn't love the rest of us enough to share food."

"YoonA is cheap."

"YoonA only loves Fishy."

"Even Yuri brought SiWon candy!"

"Yuri is cheap too!"

"SNSD only brings food for their favored Oppas!"

"Where's HyoYeon?"

"Shuddup, HyukJae!"

"My stomach hurts from just looking at that box!"

"It's the expensive kind too!"

YoonA and Yuri tried calming the boys by assuring them that SNSD would treat the boys to a full-out all-you-can-eat buffet once they were back in Seoul. With that, they left the two of them alone. Yuri had winked at YoonA and mentioned something about how big of pigs their oppas were.

"Oppa," YoonA nudged him as they were riding back to Seoul. "Did you want to. . . You know, hangout afterwards?"

DongHae gracefully threw another piece of Creme Brule flavored chocolate into his mouth before replying with, "I'm tired, YoonA."

". . . Maybe tomorrow?" she suggested. "We haven't really hung out in a long time, and-"

"I have a busy schedule tomorrow. HyukJae and I are going to guest star on that one show with your boyfriend in it, ehh, what's it called again?"

"My BOYFRIEND?!"

"Yeah, what's his name again? Uhh, that one Lee fella? SeungKyu, was it?"

"SeungGi," she corrected him, a little annoyed that everyone was starting to think she had a thing with SeungGi Oppa.

"Yeah, him!"

YoonA had said no more. She knew that even if DongHae wasn't busy, the last thing he'd want to do was hang out with her. Why would he, anyway? When he was so in love with her unnie, and it was because of her that Jessica refused to date DongHae. She had been aware of her dongsaeng's feelings for Super Junior's Fishy, and there was no way she'd let him cloud up her relationship with YoonA. Jessica adored DongHae, and maybe she would've dated him if it wasn't for YoonA. But she cared too much for SNSD's second maknae to even attempt dating him and losing one of her best friend's trust.

Yes, YoonA knew very well that DongHae resented her. Even though she had begged Jessica Unnie to accept DongHae's heart, cried even. Even though she tried her best to convince DongHae that he was better off without Sica anyway. Even though she put all her effort into making  DongHae realize that her feelings for him were true and more sincere than her unnie's. . . DongHae would never accept her heart, even if he wasn't in love with Jessica.

But YoonA didn't give up. She couldn't. Ever since she stepped foot into the SM building to train years before, DongHae had been her best friend. He was her oppa, her sunbae, her teacher, her supervisor. . . There were so many memories that they had made, and there were so many things that she had learned from him. She owed all of her gratitude to the one boy who made so much difference to her trainee days. He was the little ray of sunshine that prevented her from quitting halfway. He was the silver lining that had brought her so far in her career. He was the little smile tugging at the corner of her lips when her tears had fallen at the news that her mom had left her dad.

And it was all because of his crush on Jessica that he had denied their whole friendship afterwards. He could ignore her as if she didn't exist, and he could avoid her as if she was an abnoxious presence, which is what she is to him. He could forget their days together, but she cannot. Im YoonA cannot, will not, forget the one friend that pulled her together when she was slipping so far apart. YoonA remembers. YoonA can feel. She feels everything. And if DongHae could not reciprocate the feelings, if he could not feel those emotions, she would feel them for him.

She won't give up.

*

For his birthday party, he had not invited her (though he invited Jessica), but she showed  up anyways. The minute she appeared, a growing frown was upon his handsome face. YoonA was wearing a sundress the color blue, his favorite color, with a large basket in her hand. It had contained a new pair of Nike shoes, the most recent Calvin Klein polo shirt, a long bottle of Hollister cologne, a box of his favorite cinnamon sticks, hair gel, a deck of cards, and a set of dominos, all wrapped up with clear plastic and a silver ribbon at the top. It was everything that DongHae had told s he wanted for his birthday. Some people got him a polo, some  people bought cologne, but only YoonA got him everything he wanted. Every. Single. Thing.

Still, his reaction to it was cold. "YoonA, this is my birthday party, not an Easter event. Why did you bring a basket?"

Her heart had crumbled at his comment, pain striking every corner of it. But her smile did not falter. "Sorry, Oppa," she laughed it out, though he did not wear a smile. "I just thought that it looked nicer than cramming all of this stuff into a box."

"Well, thanks for trying." He still didn't show any signs of cheerfulness.

"Do you like my gift?" she asked excitedly.

"Yeah, it's nice," he responded, not even looking at it as he set it on the gift table.

It wasn't long before DongHae kicked YoonA out because he had brought out the alcohol, and she wasn't of age to drink yet. She knew it was just an excuse to tell her to go home, because even SHINee's Key stayed behind when the beer was brought out, and he's younger than her.

When she got back to the dorm, she brushed past her SNSD sisters, ignoring their questions about why she was home so early, and locked herself in her room and cried. That night, Yuri roomed with Tiffany since YoonA was still crying and refusing to answer their wishes by unlocking the door.

 

 

 

So I apologize for any grammar errors, because I am a lazy fool who is reluctant to read over and edit her own story (: . Haha. I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter, though DongHae does seem rather cold. Please subscribe and comment! I will appreciate it with my heart<3. Annyeong~