chapter 63

Intertwined

 

 

JUST IN CASE, GUYS, THAT YOU HAD A GLITCH, CHAPTER 62 (CHAPTER 63 IN THE LIST) WAS A NEW UPDATE. THE NEWEST HOWEVER IS THIS. LOL. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN IT, BUT IF YOU THINK YOU MISSED THE CHAPTER WHEN THE SCARVES WERE GIVEN TO JOOHYUN, GO BACK TO CHAPTER 62, THAT WAS IT.

 

“I’m home,” I said a bit loud as I shut the door close. I looked around at the empty living area. “Where are the others?” I muttered as I leaned to the wall so I may remove my shoes.

Normally, they would be playing around or watching TV. It’s just 9PM after all. CNBlue’s usual bed time when we don’t have schedule the next day is between 12MN-1AM. I wondered where they have all gone to, so I decided to check their rooms.

But just as I was about to open the door to Jonghyun’s room, a voice from behind startled me. “Oh, hyung. You’ve come back,” said Minhyuk.

I turned around as I took my hand off Jonghyun’s doorknob. “Yeah, the schedule finished earlier than expected,” I said. “Where are the others?”

Minhyuk walked pass me, directly to the kitchen. He placed the black plastic bag (which I failed to notice) at the countertop. “They went to meet Kyuhyun-sunbae and Changmin-sunbae. Jonghyun-hyung got an invitation for a drink and Jungshin asked if he could come too,” the young man said as he folded the sleeves of his sweater to wash his hands.

I walked over and leaned at the wall opposite the refrigerator. I was peeking at what Minhyuk was about to cook since I was kind of famished.

“Why didn’t you come with them?” I asked as curiosity kicked in.

The drummer, who was then taking some vegetables out of the fridge, threw me an unbelieving glance. “Hyung, you know I don’t drink as much as those two. I won’t last an hour with the two sunbaes,” he said.

I blew a raspberry as I noticed myself nodding again. Suddenly, the atmosphere felt different as silence clouded us both. It was awkward when it finally sunk in that we’re alone together in the dorm.

Apparently, it wasn’t just me who felt that way. I saw Minhyuk pacing back and forth the countertop and the fridge without taking or doing anything. I think his hands were shaking too.

For how many years that we’ve been brothers, I never once felt uncomfortable with Minhyuk. We’ve always gotten along well. But that very moment, it was really different, and the feeling . Worse, I knew its reason.

It’s because of Seo Joohyun.

All questions that were supposed to have been answered before we came back from Japan were all rushing back to me. Perhaps, it was because everything’s okay now between me and my girlfriend that I finally noticed that there’s another pressing issue which I have to deal with.

I know, I’ve decided to overlook the fact that he likes my girlfriend, especially since he promised me that he wouldn’t make any move. But can people control their emotions? What if Minhyuk decides to pursue my girlfriend?

“Why do you doubt your brother?” My subconscious snarled at me. “Why can’t you trust Kang Minhyuk? Why can’t you stop thinking negatively about your bandmate? Why can’t you—“

“AHH!!!!” I snapped.

“HYUNG!?” Minhyuk dropped the vegetable peeler he was holding and rushed to my side. “Are you okay? Are you okay?” He asked worriedly as he checked for any injuries.

I stiffened at the concern on his voice. My subconscious was right. I should doubt the boy because if there is someone who values CNBLUE’s brotherhood more than anything else, it would be KANG MINHYUK.

My gaze fell on my lap n shame. Noticing the uneasiness in me, Minhyuk tapped my arm. “Hyung, what’s wrong?”

I instinctively grabbed his hand as I tried to look at him in the eye. “Sorry,” I said without hesitations.

Minhyuk’s eyes rounded in surprise; then it automatically softens – meaning he understood what I was apologizing for. One thing I love best about him is he’s so sensitive when it comes to my feelings. He seems to read my mind always, like how Joohyun would always do. I guess that’s a unique trait among Cancerians. I just don’t get it why I seem to not have that gift.

The drummer shook his head slightly as a humble smile played on his lips. “I should be sorry,” he told me. “My sudden confession made you feel uncomfortable.”

I took my hand off is and leaned on the couch where we were sittin. “I was so stupid to still entertain the negative thoughts when we’ve settled this already in Japan,” I admitted, embarrassed.

My brother chuckled. “Please don’t doubt me anymore, okay? It was very nerve-wracking when you do that,” he requested.

I breathed out a relieved smile as I nodded. “Never again,” I promised.

Silence filled with content and reconciliation enveloped the place. But a curious question popped out of my mind and I just had to ask.

“When did you begin to like her?”

Once again, I heard him snicker. From the sound of it, it seemed like he was expecting a question like that soon. “When you first brought her to the studio,” he confessed.

This time, it was my turn to gawk at him in surprise. “You’ve held it that long?”

Minhyuk just nodded his head as he stood up to go back to his cooking. I gasped in disbelief.

“I wouldn’t have been able to keep the feelings like that!” I said.

He didn’t answer so I fell silent since the answer came to me on its own. It’s the rule among the members. One’s girl can never be the other’s too.

Suddenly, I had another question and I just had to blurt it out. “Minhyuk,” I called and he looked at me. “Do you think that if you admitted it early, it would be you and Joohyun now?” I asked out of intense curiosity.

The young man shook his head no without any second thoughts. I raised my eyebrows asking why. Why wouldn’t he pursue Seohyun? They totally look comfortable with each other.

“Hyung,” Minhyuk began. “I’m not the type to chase the rainbows,” he said.

“What do you mean?” I asked. Sometimes, Minhyuk could be so cryptic, or was I just being so slow?

Minhyuk smiled at me. “Even before, it’s not difficult to tell that you two liked each other. The connection between you was so strong that even the dead ones can feel it. You were like a match made in heaven. I could never come in between even if I want to.”

Shocked was the initial feeling when I heard him say that; but it easily melted into joy as I realized how others see us. I’d like to think our destinies were really intertwined.

As he could tell that I was in trance, Minhyuk threw me a hand towel which directly hits me at the face. “Ya!” I shouted but he just went back to his cooking.

I got up and walked towards him to look at what he’s doing. As I came closer, he looked at me and asked. “There’s still no schedule tomorrow. Do you have plans?” He asked as he sliced the onions.

I stopped to think for a few seconds and then shook my head. “None. Why?”

Minhyuk then nodded in approval. “Tomorrow, you’ll get your license for Seohyun,” he said rather adamantly. “I’ll go with you.”


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

OKAY.  So I had to go back to this issue because I want Yonghwa to deal with jealousy; and I really believe that if it wasn't Yonghwa, it would have been Minhyuk. Because I have always believed that he also liked Joohyun back then. :)))))

Anyway, I've decided to put another drama here before we end. :)