03 In order to date a brainless nerd~

Coffee Kiss~ [Snapshots of the Heart~]

Myungsoo’s POV

I sighed as I laid my head back onto the wall.

I was just outside So Eun’s door, having just left.

I thought of what I’d just realized, what I’d been stupid enough not to realize before…

Of course girls would try to fight her… I was a kingka.

I resisted the urge to laugh.

Kingka…

I really didn’t have any interest in being one…

I just wanted a family and close friends…

My grades, my sports, my reputation… Yeah, I did enjoy winning and I did enjoy the attention sometimes, but I could live without them.

But there were some things I couldn’t live without.

I turned to leave when I heard a loud thump! From inside So Eun’s apartment.

Without thinking, I rushed to get to her side, but stopped myself just before I opened the door.

Inside, I could hear her cursing like mad.

“Owwwwww, fu&*! *(@)$#&*$^@)&*&!”

I grinned and had to bite down on my bottom lip to keep from laughing.

She was fine, then.

At least, for now.

I pulled my hood over my head and walked to my apartment, trying to think of a way to keep what was most important to me.

Trying to protect So Eun, but also trying to find a way to apologize to WooHyun…

My best friend… I’d straight-up lied to him, and although he wasn’t being petty about like I would have been if the situations were turned, he’d just congratulated me.

Like I hadn’t betrayed him.

Like I hadn’t stabbed him in the back.

I stared down at the sidewalk, at the hopscotch games drawn by the little kids who lived here…

What was it that So Eun wanted most?

What was it that WooHyun wanted most?

And how could I give it to them?

1 foot, 2 feet, 1 foot, 1 foot, 2 feet.

 

 

So Eun’s POV

When I got to school the next day, it was absolutely chaotic.

Girls were screaming and shouting and yelling ferociously.

Stupid fangirls must realize they’ve got their kingka back, I thought to myself bitterly.

I decided to trudge around the school to avoid seeing him and to avoid the jeers the girls were bound to make, when suddenly I heard my name.

Not just my name.

My name.

“Eun ah!”

I whipped around, shocked.

Who…?

And then I saw him.

Myungsoo.

The kingka of our school.

Except he wasn’t’ the same Myungsoo as yesterday.

Nor was he the same kingka that he’d always been.

His hair wasn’t slicked back and his expensive leather jacket was nowhere to be seen.

Gone were his fashionably ripped jeans and his famous black converse.

Instead, his hair was messy, the way he’d joked about wearing to school.

He was wearing glasses, pushed up like a nerd.

On top of that, he was wearing a nerdy button-up and a tie, complete with formal pants pulled up by a white belt.

And he actually had a backpack on his back!

Woah, Kim Myungsoo was actually wearing the school uniform.

\O^O/

WHAT?

He grinned as he saw me hit by lightning, the utter shock spreading across my face.

He walked through the crowd of yelling girls and stopped in front of me.

“Why do you look so surprised?”, he asked me, still grinning like a fool.

 “You…”, I tried to say, but  my voice seemed to be lost somewhere in my heart.

“Come on, we can’t be late to class!”, Myungsoo exclaimed, exaggerating his sudden nerdiness. He never cared about going to class on time before…

He linked elbows with me and happily dragged me towards my first period class, leaving behind the mob of screaming girls.

He pulled me behind a tree until the few followers had passed by, still laughing.

I looked up at him, wide-eyed. He just looked so different.

He noticed the weird look I was giving him and said, “What?” As if nothing had changed.

“Don’t you think the nerdy look suits me?”, Myungsoo asked me, smirking.

That smirk. Oh God.

Nerdy or not, he was just too beautiful for me to process.

“I actually prefer you this way”, I managed to say. I had to look down while saying it though, as I felt a blush creeping up my face.

“I think I prefer me this way too. It’s easier to walk down the street”, Myungsoo said, nonchalant.

He was so carefree… I’d never seen him so energetic before.

“What about your kingka status?”, I asked him.

I knew why he did this.

He thought by dropping his kingka status, he could protect me.

Well, he was right for the majority of the girls, of course.

But I also knew that his die-hard fans would just be angrier with me, for taking him away from them.

Gulp*

“I gave it to WooHyun, of course”, Myungsoo said.

“What?”, I asked, confused. He gave it to WooHyun? What did that mean?

Myungsoo nodded at something over my shoulder.

“Look”, he said.

I turned to look.

And unbelievably, it was WooHyun who was the kingka today.

He was dressed in clothes a little snazzier than his everyday punk attire, and girls were swooning at him up and down. Myungsoo’s gang of friends was also trailing behind him.

For a moment, I thought about how gorgeous WooHyun looked, but as soon as Myungsoo wrapped his arms around my waist, I forget all about everything but Myungsoo.

“You’re not going to say anything about this?”, Myungsoo asked, looking down at me.

“Um…”, I said, trying to think of something clever and witty to say….

“You’re kinda wonderful”, was what came out of my mouth.

I blushed as I saw Myungsoo’s smirk creep back onto his face.

And I yelped as Myungsoo suddenly hugged me extremely tight, his strong arms crushing me for a split second, his head resting on my neck for just a little while, before he let me go.

I was breathless, taken by surprise by his sudden actions.

To my surprise, he was equally breathless.

Maybe he himself hadn’t expected himself to react like that.

His goofy grin certainly looked different than his normal self.

I touched his forehead and compared it to mine.

“Are you okay, Myungsoo?”, I asked, seriously concerned.

He brushed my concern off and sent to me off to first period with another kiss on my nose and a slap on the . -.-