Shooting Stars

Stupid Oppa, I Love You

 

“Kyuhyun has brought some of his clothes with him!” said the panicky Naeri1.

 

“What?!” Kyuhyun’s father exclaimed.

 

The couple was standing at the middle of their backyard. They have searched their entire house and lot for signs of their only son but they have seen none. Just then two other figures came running toward their yard.

 

“Is Kyuhyun also missing? Our Joohyun is also nowhere to be found.” Seohyun’s father told them.

 

“I think those two are together,” said Hyejin2.

 

“The only question is where?” Seohyun’s father said.

 

“Oh my! What if they have eloped?!” The others looked incredulously at Naeri.

 

“Honey, what are you talking about? They are just 11 and 12. That is so ridiculous.” Said Kyuhyun’s father.

 

“Instead of wasting our time discussing about that, why don’t we resume looking for them?” Seohyun’s father suggested.

------------

 

“It looks like you really planned to camp out here.” Seohyun said as she noticed the black sling bag at the corner of the tree house. Meanwhile, Kyuhyun was already lying down and kept himself busy as he played with his game console.

 

“It’s my way of protest. Do you want to go home already?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

Seohyun was sitting by the doorway and was looking at the bright moon outside. “I think they are already looking for us. I think it will be better if we go home already.”

 

“You can go home if you want.” Kyuhyun replied. “I am going to stay here for a little while.”

 

Seohyun looked to his direction and frowned at him. “I won’t go home without you. Besides,” she lowered her voice to a mumble, “I am scared to go alone. It’s pretty late, you know.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Okay, seems like a scared little girl is here. However, let’s wait a little. I heard there is going to be a meteor shower tonight.”

 

“A meteor shower?” asked Seohyun.

 

“Shooting stars. I bet they are so beautiful to see tonight because the sky is clear.”

 

“So it means we can make a wish,” said Seohyun excitedly.

 

A bluish white light suddenly streaked across the sky. It only started as a single ray of light then came a couple and tens of them. It was such a beautiful sight.

 

“Here it is!” Kyuhyun immediately hoisted himself from his position and crawled towards the door. He sat beside Seohyun and together they watched the night spectacle.

 

“Let’s now make a wish,” Seohyun said and then they both closed their eyes as brief streaks of light continued to rain down the clear dark blue sky. Together they silently made their wish.

 

Seohyun was the first one to open her eyes. She watched Kyuhyun who was still making his wish. She watched him quietly as he was making his wish.

 

“Tell me your wish, oppa,” Seohyun told him.

 

“Why will I tell you my wish?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

Seohyun just pouted. “Fine then, I will not tell you mine.” Then she faced her back toward him and pretended to sulk.

 

“I just wish that we would always stay by each other always.” Kyuhyun said. “How about you?”

 

“Secret!” Seohyun said then she stuck her tongue out. She immediately dashed down the ladder and sped off to escape Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun immediately grabbed his sling bag and jumped from the tree and chased Seohyun.

 

“I heard that there is a ghost here!” Kyuhyun teased the younger girl. Feeling scared, Seohyun’s playfulness instantly dissipated and she scuttled back to Kyuhyun and stayed as close as him as possible as they made their way home in the dark.