Tale of Two Best Friends

Stupid Oppa, I Love You

 

So where do we start this story?

 

Okay, so let’s begin with the tale of two best friends named Lee Naeri and Goo Hyejin. These two have been the best of friends since they were in elementary. They were next-door neighbors. Their first encounter involved a mistakenly delivered package. The Lee’s ordered their youngest daughter Naeri to give the package to the Goo’s and that was how they met and they instantly clicked with each other.

 

From then on, they became the inseparable tandem and they did almost everything together. They attended the same high school, took the same course in college, put up a boutique shop together… they even had a double wedding.

 

Lee Naeri became Cho Naeri. Goo Hyejin became Seo Hyejin. Their surnames have changed but they still remained to be the best of friends. BFFs. Best Friends Forever. Soul Sisters. That’s how they treat each other.

 

So they promised to each other that once they have their own children, they wanted them to possess the same bond that they have.   

 

First step in creating that bond? String them with their names. Let their identity share one character that makes them one.

---------------------

 

“She’s such a pretty baby girl. What will be her name?” Naeri asked as she peered at the dozing baby wrapped in pink cloth cradled by Hyejin.

 

“I’m still thinking about it,” Hyejin replied.

 

The door opened and there entered a tall man in his early thirties. Tailing behind him is a one year old boy, his dark brown eyes roamed around the white room.

 

“Kyuhyunnie!!! Come here, my darling boy.”

 

“Go to your mom, son.”  The man said as he sidestepped and nudged his son forward. He then left the room. The child took tiny steps toward his mom.  Naeri scooped him and carried her into her arms.

 

“Hyun, greet your auntie.”

 

“Anyeonghasseyo, auntie.” Kyuhyun said, his eyes staring at the baby on Hyejin’s arms.

 

“Pretty, isn’t she?” Naeri said as she noticed Kyuhyun’s glances at the baby. Kyuhyun looked at her curiously. “That’s your Aunt Hyejin’s baby daughter,” she explained.

 

“Baby? What name?”

 

“She still has not thought of any yet-“

 

“No, I already have. I want her name to follow after Kyunnie…” Hyejin said the baby’s forehead. “Her name will be Joohyun.”

 

“Kyuhyun, meet Joohyun,” Naeri leaned forward so that Kyuhyun could get nearer to the baby.

 

“Joohyun.” Kyuhyun recited then he gingerly reached his hand to her. What happened next took them by surprise. The slumbering Joohyun instinctively grabbed one of Kyuhyun’s finger  and cuddled it to her chest.

 

“Joohyunnie seems to like you,” Hyejin chuckled. Kyuhyun widened his eyes at the baby’s act and stared at his mom.

 

“Kyuhyunnie, don’t worry Joohyun just wanted to shake hands with you.” Naeri said smilingly.

 

“Our two Hyuns are so cute…”

 

The two best friends giggled watching their children’s cute little interaction.