Ms. Taxi (Epilogue)

Holding The Light (Oneshot collections)

Author's Note: Here's the epilogue! Take note that this takes place a day after the events that happened in Ms. Taxi.

 

 

“You are free to have the day off today, Miss Choi.”

No response. Just silence on the other end of the line.

“Miss Choi? Are you still there?”

“…Y-you’re serious, Boss?”

“Yes, I am serious. The reason for this is because I have reviewed your overall attitude on your work, and I noticed that there have been no complaints from the members of the public against you. None at all! So, as a reward for your excellent services, I am letting you have a day off. Oh, wait, my mistake…You can have the entire weekend off.”

Sooyoung could not believe it. Her slave-driving company was letting her NOT work for the entire weekend. This was a great way to start off a wonderful Saturday! The taxi driver just couldn’t remove the awfully huge grin on her face, after having that phone conversation with her employer. She felt like pinching herself to see if she was dreaming or not.

After closing her mobile phone shut, Sooyoung yelled out an ear-deafening ‘WAHOO!’ and did a dorky victory dance on the kitchen table. Good thing she did all that in the privacy of her own home.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

The aroma of freshly-made sushi automatically hit her in the face once she stepped into the crowded restaurant. Sooyoung inhaled the smell like it was fresh mountain pine air.

‘Ah~ I definitely need this.”

The place was still as packed as ever just like how it always been every time she came here. The reason? The food was damn good, of course. Chef Taeyeon is practically the greatest person she had ever met.

Moving to an empty seat on the far side of the sushi bar on the left side of the restaurant, the lanky taxi driver spotted her dear best friend busily rolling up some pieces of seaweed together with some rice and salmon, alongside with some of her employees, behind the counter in front of the awed stares of the customers sitting in front of them.

“Taeyeon! Whip me up some of your special salmon rolls and unagi, would ya!?” Sooyoung shamelessly ordered in her loud voice, once she took a seat beside two female patrons who were glued at the ‘magic’ that Taeyeon was doing.

“Yah, I’m happy to see you here again after what seems like ages, but that doesn’t mean you can boss me around like that!” Taeyeon argued back, more preoccupied with chopping up one of her perfectly rolled sushi into smaller bite-sized pieces.

“Here you go, ladies,” the busy chef placed the perfectly cut pieces of fish onto the plates of the two ladies. “Enjoy your meal!”

“Thank you very much!” both of them exclaimed, ready to dig into their food.

“I can’t wait to try this out!”

“Me too!”

‘Wait a minute… I’ve heard those voices before.’

“Excuse me, can I have another serving of this please?” Another person asked one of the chefs there.

“Yuri, if you’re gonna eat any more of that, I’m sure it will add in more pounds in you than you can ever imagine,” someone teased.

“Oh, c’mon Sunny… I can’t help myself if it’s really good!”

“But what about your job, Yuri?” a timid voice asked this time.

‘And I definitely recognise those voices too, and know those names.’

“Sooyoung? Hello? Earth to Sooyoung?! SOOYOUNG!

A loud voice broke her trance-like state, and her staring into thin air. Well, more of staring into Taeyeon’s baby face now that she realised.

“Hey, what’s wrong? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

“W-well, uh…” The usually talkative woman tried explaining to her worried best friend but nothing came out.

Did she just hear a small gasp and an ‘Oh My God’ just now?

Breaking away from the intense and concerned stare of the chef, Sooyoung slowly turned her face to the right and was met with five very familiar faces in a row which all of them she remembered quite clearly. Staring at her with either a surprised or shocked face, she didn’t know. And from what she could tell, the blonde sitting just beside her was turning tomato red.

Well, this was awkward.

The sushi chef noticed the sudden moment of silence between her companion and her other patrons currently occupying the sushi bar, and decided to intervene.

“Yah, Sooyoung! What did you do this time?” Taeyeon said, glaring daggers and crossing her arms at her like how a mother would do while awaiting her child to confess to any wrongdoings.

Sooyoung snapped back at her direction.

”I didn’t do anything!” she yelled back in a desperate voice, not wanting Taeyeon to get any wrong ideas. That was the last thing she wanted right now.

A giggle, followed by a another one, and another, until a whole row of laughter interrupted the almost mother-daughter moment shared between the midget chef and the lanky taxi driver.

Taeyeon’s look of death immediately turned into the opposite and she guffawed along with them, leaving Sooyoung alone in her state of confusion.

“Wait, you’re not at mad at me?”

“Mad at you? Of course not!” Taeyeon playfully slapped her friend’s shoulder, but stopped and gave a serious look again. “But seriously, you know ALL of them?

“Well, isn’t it obvious? I am a taxi driver, Taengoo. In case you had forgotten…” she nonchalantly replied back.

“What a small world we live in," the midget said, amused at the commotion right now. “You must be a one of a kind taxi driver to see and meet five of your passengers here out of all places.”

“One of THE best taxi drivers I’ve ever met!” A loud, husky voice proudly exclaimed.

“Tiff, do you really have to say that out loud? You’re like, literally, shouting into my ears.”

“Why are you so grumpy, Jessi? I’m just complementing our dear driver who helped us out a lot yesterday.” The brunette frowned at her companion’s lack of brightness, who was frustratingly rubbing her still ringing ears. “And besides, you were practically blushing every time we talked about Soo-!”

A swift hand immediately covered the brunette’s big mouth before any more information could be brought up, causing her voice to let out undecipherable muffles instead.

“Wait, what was she about to say just now?” Sooyoung asked, who clearly didn’t hear the ending of that last sentence properly.

“Oh, it was nothing!” the blonde nervously answered the clueless woman, while still having a tight hold on her victim’s face. “Just more of her constant babblings which you don’t wanna hear.”

Sooyoung was still trying to figure out what the brunette was about to say just now when someone interrupted her ponderings.

“So, uh, Sooyoung…” a tanned raven-haired woman stood in front of her while twiddling with her fingers, “Have you… thought about that modelling job I told you about?”

“Are you sure you want me to work there, or do you really want to see me that much?” She all-knowingly.

In return, all she got was a shy smile with a soft “Maybe it’s both of those options” spoken from Yuri’s lips.

“Hey, Ms. Taxi!” a voice addressed her on the other side of the counter whom she knew was Sunny’s. “Did you compliment Yuri or something like that? That’s not fair! You told me that I was pretty without my geek glasses on!”

That sudden proclamation made the whole row, and even Taeyeon who was busily preparing her goddess of food’s meal, to face the charming culprit of it all.

“Eh!?” Everyone except Sooyoung gaped disbelievingly.

Darting her eyes back and forth at the offended party all around her, it was a matter of time before all of them would go ballistic on her.

“Yah, Sooyoung…” the taxi driver shivered when her midget chef had her face inches away from her, leaning forward over the counter with a menacing look in her brown orbs. “I always knew you had a way with words, but now I’m starting to think twice about why you never came to my restaurant like you’ve always do for the past several weeks. Maybe it really wasn’t your company to blame.”

“B-but Taeyeon, it’s not like that! You misunderst-!"

”GASP! My one and only heroic taxi driver is here~”

A pair of arms around her neck suddenly engulfed the poor lanky woman in a very familiar tight bear hug from behind, nearly choking her in the middle of her unsuccessful explanation.

“And now, would you care to explain to me how you made my resident drunkard, Hyoyeon, to suddenly be so affectionate to you? Something other than taking her back home yesterday was on your mind, huh, Sooyoungie?”

“To think that I gave her my last piece of roasted sweet potato the day before…” the timid voice finally appeared again, adding in more wood to the already burning fire.

“There, there, Seohyun… “Sunny brought the sniffling young woman into a comforting hug, not forgetting to give the taxi driver the evil eye while doing that.

‘I’m so screwed…’



                                                                                                                  END
 
 
 

A/N: Sorry I couldn't put Yoona in... I couldn't manage to make her fit into the epilogue since she's a famous actress here in this story. All hell would break lose and people would be clamouring for her autograph if she was in there, disguise or no disguise. And for some reason, I don't know why I love to mess around with Sooyoung while writing my stories. XP