3-2: Seohyun's Story (KhunToria Ver.)

Time Machine

Victoria woke up to a bright sunny day, brightening up her already white room.  But the weather didn't really fit her mood at all,

She looked around her room, hoping to find something. She found it underneath her bed, a wooden box. It was filled with pictures. Pictures with him. She saw her graduation picture that she had taken with him when they graduated from highschool a few days ago. A single tear fell down her cheeks, landing on the picture of them. She looked at it longingly, thinking about that moment. 

And the news that came along with it. The news that broke her heart,

 

 

ONE WEEK AGO....

 

 

"Can you believe we've graduated? I can't! Us growing up, going off to university... it's just so hard to process!" He looked at her with a seemingly excited expression on his face. But she could see what no one else could. In his eyes. Fear. Of the future. Of growing up. She felt the same. She simply nodded, and pulled him in for a hug.

"Whatever happens, we'll be friends forever, right? And it's not like we're going anywhere far away, right?" 

His face suddenly fell. From his excited expression, it changed to a sad one. 

She prayed that he wasn't going to say what she thinks he would say. She didn't want to think about it, she didn't want it to be true. "

"I'm going... to America. My parents... no, I did. I decided to go to America to study Business."

Victoria tried her hardest to hold back her tears, and forced a smile. "That's... that's amazing! When are you leaving?"

Just as much as Victoria knew him, he knew her as well. He could see it in her eyes. The sadness. The heartbreak. But he didn't ponder it too long. "I'm leaving next week, On--"

Before he could finish his response, Victoria's father tapped her on the soldier. "Victoria, it's time to go." 

"Can you take a picture of us first? Just one, then I'll promise we can go."

Her father agreed, and took the picture. Before she left, he grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze. 

"Bye, Victoria. We'll talk later, OK? I'm sorry.. I didn't tell you sooner." He looked sorry too.

She couldn't say anything. She didn't know what to say. "Yeah. Bye." 

It wasn't until she was in her bedroom that night when she cried. She cried herself to sleep. 

Nickhun was going to be gone forever.

 

She quickly put the pictures in the box, along with the other pictures of her with Nickhun. She had decided to put them all away from sight. If he was leaving, all the pictures would hurt her heart more than it already was.

She left her bedroom to eat breakfast. Despite the fact that she lived in the mansion her whole life, she was always able ot get lost when she looked for the kitchen. 

Her father was a lawyer, and her mother was a doctor. Her parents made  a lot of money, so it made sense that they lived in a mansion. But they were extremely strict as well.

They kept a tight leash on their daughter, despite the fact that they were always so busy because of their work. In addition to school, she had a private tutor, had piano and violin lessons every weekend, while also volunteered at the hospital her mother worked. She was extremely smart, one of the smartest in her grade, but she didn't have many friends. She was never allowed to go out either because her parents made her study all the time or she was just never given the time to.

It was like she had been isolated from the outside world except for when she was at school or at the hospital. But even in those places, she didn't, or barely talked to anybody unless the situtation required her to. It wasn't that she hated everybody, she was just shy, and didn't know how to talk to people. Some people misundeerstood, and treated her like an outcast.

Then Nichkhun came in her life.

It was while she was volunteering at the hospital. He came with his sister who had badly scraped her knee. While her mother was taking care of Nichkhun's sister, they talked and things clicked instantly. The became friends instantly. 

Nichkhun was sort of the opposite of Victoria. He was sociable, popular, athletic, and smart. He was President of the Student Council, Captain of the Basketball, Soccer, and Hockey Team, and along with Victoria, one of the smartest people in his grade. He went to Victoria's school as well, so both persons found it strange that they never encountered each other.

Since Nichkhun, Victoria had changed. She became more open, more sociable. Her parents were worried that Nichkhun might be bad for her, and so they tried to end the rfiendship between the two. They found that didn't work, and became a little less strict on Victoria when it came to Nichkhun.

As the two grew closer as friends, Victoria had suddenly developed feelings towards Nichkhun. She never acted on it, it would be impossible. Her, a girl who was smart yet had no friends, with someone like Nichkhun as her boyfriend? The chances of it happening were impossible.

 

 

Since the ceremony, Nichkhun never contacted Victoria, She didn'r make the effort either. It had been a week already since they graduated, so it meant that he would be leaving for America any day now. She sighed to herself as she tried not to think about it.

Her parents weren't home. But she was still being watched over the maids and the butler. A man gave her an envelope. From America? " A letter for you, Miss."

She took the envelope from the butler and headed back to her room to open the envelope. It was from a medical school in America. She felt that she had no hopes for getting in, but she applied anyways without the knowledge of her parents. But she knew that if she got in, her parents would gladly put her there. One of the reasons she studied hard was so she could be able to go to medical school in America and be free from the strictness of her parents. 

Her hands shaking, she opens the envelope. The first word: "Congratulations!"

She couldn't process it. She had gotten into medical school. In America. She sat in her bed, staring at the wall in front of her. She was shocked, in disbelief, happy, ecstatic, 

She could be with Nichkhun. 

Then she realized that he wasn't talking to her. Had he left already?

If she was never going to be able to see him again, she wouldn't have any regrets. She would go to him, and tell him about her true feelings. 

She didn't care what her parents thought. She decided. She would break free from her leash and run. Run to him. No matter what it takes. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I can't believe it's been so long since I updated!!! I'm so sorry!! I hope this was a long enough update! I've been really swamped with schoolwork, and now I finally have time (and a computer to access) to update! There's the first part!

I've been really into IU's new single lately. I really like "I Don't Like Her", and the MV is pretty good. IU + Venice, Italy = Georgeous.

AND NEW 2PM JAPANESE SINGLE, "BEAUTIFUL"! The chair dance is LOL, but pretty cool :)

AND OMG..

ISN'T IT KHUNTORIA'S 2ND YEAR ANNIVERSARY?!?!?!!? OMGOMG HAPPY 2ND YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO THE BESTEST WGM COUPLE EVERRR~~~~ I WANT A REUNION PLEASE :)