1-2: Jessica's Story (KhunToria Version)

Time Machine

Victoria sat underneath the bus shelter. It was already half an hour past the time Nickhun had promised he's meet her. The rain was coming down harder, and she was ready to just give up and go home. But just as she got up to leave, his car came.

Rather, his company car came.

The chauffeur got out of the car and opened the door for her. "Miss Victoria, please get in the car quickly, Mr. Horvejkul is expecting you." She nodded, and quickly got in the car to avoid the rain. But Nickhun wasn't there. It was only her again.

"Where's Nickhun?" 

"He's going to be late, Miss Victoria. He told me to pick you up and being you to the venue, and he'd meet you there later, as he still has a lot of reports to sign." 

She sighed, but was not surprised. This happened all the time, to the point where she's gotten used to it already. She looked to her right, a boquet of roses. Typical of the Nickhun now. She didn't even bother to pick them up and smell them, it happened way too often. It was his way of apologizing, as he never really did in person. But she didn't notice the envelope that said: "To my dear Victoria" underneath those roses. 

She looked outside through the car window. The rain had caused the window to fog up. She lifted and finger up to the window, drawing a heart. She was never good at drawing hearts. She drew one, but then erased it, having no confidence on how she drew it. 

It was what their relationship was like now: No confidence, full of regrets, no confidece. How she had wished that she could be able to tell Nickhun about what she was feeling now.

Things weren't like this before. Before, Nickhun was just an aspiring businessman, and although he did focus on his work, he'd never fail to put his Victoria first. They'd go on dates at the beach or the cafe, just talking about their everyday lives and conflicts. Sometimes they's just walk around the neighborhood, holding hands and enjoying each other's presence.

Then Nickhun got promoted. She was extremely happy, knowing that her boyfriend was going one step closer to his dreams. She knew how hard he worked for the promotion, and she was very proud of him. Things were still the same, and Nickhun would sometimes be unable to meet Victoria. But she understood, she knew he was a hard worker and very deteremined.

"One day, we're gonna live in a big house, and I can buy you anything you want, Victoria. I'll do whatever it takes to make you happy," He'd always say. Victoria would always just smile at him, unable to figure out what to say. As long as he loved her, that was all she needed in her life.

Then another promotion. And another. Then Nickhun wouldn't be able to meet her. "I have a ton of work right now, next time, I promise," Those promises were always broken. The last time they walked down the beach they always went to, it was so late, Victoria watched the sunset all by herself. When he came, he was still wearing his business suit, and though he looked like he was listening, Victoria knew he was too tired to even hear what she was saying.

"I'll make it up to you, Victoria," He'd always say. But he never did. They never went to the beach again, nor the cafe.

Everytime they met, it was at some formal restaurant. He'd buy her a brand name dress, clearly very expensive. Then the jewelry with the glittery gold and diamonds. The hand made shoes straight from Italy. At first, she was pelasantly surprised, but now she was tired. 

She tried to understand. She really did. She was still here, wasn't she?  Although she was unhappy, she was still with Nickhun, and he still loves her, and the fact that he was happy,  that's all she needs to keep her going.

But did he still really love her? Was his love and his happiness the only thing she needed? Did she even love him anymore?

The car came to a stop as the car faced a red light. Looking back at the Nickhun she knew in the past and the Nickhun she knew now, they were two entirely different people. Where was the Nickhun who loved her so much, and always listened to her thoughts and feelings? Where was the Nickhun who worked hard, but found happiness even the simplest things, giving her that bright smile that could make her feel happy any day? All in all, where was the Nickhun that she dearly and genuinely loved with all her heart?

Thinking about this, a tear formed and ran down her cheek. Victoria was known to be a strong woman, she couldn't be weak now. She successfuly held back the rest of her tears. There would be a time for that later.

But Nickhun, she really did love him. She would do anything for him, and she did. But now, she couldn't do it anymore. She was tired of trying to fit in with his "rich-businessman" lifestyle. Tired of the expensive clothes, shoes, and accessories. Not only had Nickhun changed, but Victoria herself had as well.

She looked at herself through the rear view mirror. Who was this girl she was looking at? The stilettos, this dress, the silver and gold necklace earrings, the Prada bag, the amount of makeup and lipstick she had on, the long wavy hair. This wasn't her, and she knew it had to end.

The car was still at the red light, as it still wasn't moving. She looked towards the chauffeur.

"I think I'm gonna go home instead. You don't need to drive me there, I'll walk. I need some time alone. Tell Nickhun... Tell Nickhun I'm sorry." Before the chauffeur could have time to retaliate, she got out of the car and left, running towards the nearest bus stop so she could take the bus home. The rain hadn't stopped coming down, and as she walked to the bus stop, she could feel her makeup washing away, her dress becoming soaked. She took off her stilettos as they were becoming hard to walk with. 

She looked up at the light being emitted from the lamp post above her. As the rain washed away her makeup, and soaked away the waviness of her hair, she felt hope. Like the old Victoria was still within her. The one full of energy and positiveness.

But what about Nickhun? Despite the newfound hope she discovered within herself, she felt like her heart was shattering to pieces. 

She couldn't hold back her tears anymore. The rain made her tears unnoticeable the road empty, and so she cried willingly. She couldn't stop crying.

"Goodbye Nickhun," she whispered to herself through her tears. "I'll always love you."

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: Here's Jessica's Story (KhunToria version)!! How do you guys like it so far? Leave comments below! Don't worry it's not the end yet :P But I'll probably put up the last part tomorrow, just so I can see some initial reactions to the story. It might seem that Victoria's being really selfish, but I'll try to explain. Nickhun really does love her, but he's changed, and so has Victoria. She can't accept the change any longer, as she knew this was not the type of life she wanted to live, so she felt like she had to leave him, thinking that she could never convince him to part with his work, as her current lifestyle had caused her to lose confidence in herself. I hope that made sense. Anyways, I hope you guys really like this idea!! I love the PV, and the song is something I could totally relate to, so I decided to make a story about it! The next part will make you guys happy (I hope)!

I'll be updating Do(n't) Look Back tonight as well, so look out for that as well! I felt so inspired tonight, after listening to so many ballads so I decided to double update! You're welcome ;D