1-3: Jessica's Story (KhunToria Ver.) FINAL

Time Machine

It's been almost ten minutes since Victoria got out of the company car. The rain was still coming down, and  she was soaked fro walking in the rain without her umbrella. She sat underneath the bus shelter, and she was happy that the chauffeur understood the situation, and drove away. Probably to tell Nickhun what happened, she thought.

The bus hadn't come yet, and so she had to keep waiting. But suddenly, her cellphone rang.  She ignored it. 

One missed call. Two missed calls. Three missed calls.

One missed text. Two missed texts. Three missed texts.

All from Nickhun. But she didn't allow herself to read them. 

Finally the bus came, but there was another car right behind it. It was the company car again. If that was Nickhun, she certainly didn't want to see him. Before the driver of the company car could get out of the vehicle, she got onto the bus and sat on the windows seat at the very back. Although the tears had stopped, her thoughts continued to ponder over the past, regretting the past.

She wished that she could tell Nickhun that she didn't want all these material things, that all she needed was his love. That she was unhappy. Why did things have to come to this?

She could have stayed in the car, and continued the usual routine, a formal dinner with Nickhun. She wouldn't be soaking wet from the rain, and having a five course meal in a fancy restaurant.

But she also could have seen Nickhun's tired expression, his lack of interest whenever she talked to him about anything. And whenever he talked to her, he'd talk to her in a tone that seemed as if she was one of his business associates. Bored, monotone, very professsional. Like their dinner was just a regular, routined business meeting. 

I did the right thing, I can't keep living like this anymore, she told herself. She wanted the old Victoria back, the one who didn't wear all the expensive clothes, who had no confidence within herself. And if Nickhun couldn't accept that, then she must part with him, no matter how much heartbreak it will cause her. 

The whole bus ride consisted of Victoria wondering what she should do now. She didn't know where her relationship with Nickhun stands, after doing what she had just did. What was she going to do now? 

 

When Victoria arrived outside her apartment, she saw him, sitting outside her door, seemingly waiting for her to show up. At the sight of him, she turned around and walked away, not wanting to run into him.

But he had already seen her, so he ran to her and grabber her arm to prevent her from running away. "Don't go. Please." His tone sounded desperate, different from the way he'd talk to her recently. She turned around, not even bothering to look at him. She was tto tired to talk, or argue, or just deal with Nickhun. She took her arm away from his grasp and headed towards her door and unlocked it.

But then Nickhun said something that could have made her collapse and cry on the floor, right in front of him. "What happened to us, Victoria?" She went inside and but before she closed the door, she turned around and faced him.

"We've changed, and I don't know if I can live like this anymore. That's what happened."

After a long silence, she closed the door. But she looked through the peephole to see what Nickhun would do. He dropped the boquet of roses that were once in the company car, along with the envelope that she never saw.

He didn't know if she would hear this, or if she would even listen, but he said it anyways. "I'm sorry. I.. Still, I love you." Then he walked away, his head held down, not only feeling sorry for himself, but for what he had done to Victoria as well.

 A few minutes after he left, she opened the door again to get the roses and the letter. She never saw the letter before. Adressed to her, in writing: To my dear Victoria. She opened the letter, finding a letter from Nickhun.

Dear Victoria, 

I'm sorry I can't make it again. But by now, you probably don't realize how much I mean that, since this happens a lot. But I've noticed that you've been acting differently lately. You're not the same, things are different. I never had time to tell you this, or maybe I just didn't want to to tell you, so I'm sorry for that too. I was afraid that if I ever told you this, you'd leave me, and my heart could never handle that.

Ever since I kept getting promoted, I was always scared that you'd leave me one day. Because I knew you didn't like this, you didn't want this kind of life. Even though you never told me, I could see it in your eyes, and everytime I saw you, it was life life was being drained away fromyou every single day. It pained me so much to see you like this.

I'd buy you the nicest clothes, shoes, and jewely, hoping that maybe this would make you happier. But I should've know you better than that. You were never materialistic, and that was one of the qualities that I loved about you so much.

Before, I could always turn to you whenever I was tired of work, and you'd always be there to support me. Now that I got to where I want to be, I expected myself to be happy. But I never was, and on top of that, I unkowingly started to ignore you, and that's when I realized that we're changing. And not in the way we probably want us to. 

Since you sacrificed and did so much for me, I have to do the same to you. I owe you that much.

I demoted myself today, to a lower position. We'll still be able to live happily, and I'll have more time to spend with you, just like before. I should've known this before, that I didn't need to make you happy by buying you material things. I didn't need to have a good job that paid lots of money to be happy. As long as you and I are side by side, loving each other unconditionally, that's all I need.

I'm excited to see you tonight. I arranged the chauffeur to take us to our old beach today, to celebrate. Today was my last day, so I had to get some last minute paperwork done for the person who'd replace me. I've never been so happy before.

I love you.

Nickhun <3

After reading the letter, Victoria was speechless. She dropped everything she was holding, and rushed out the door, to the beach. Their beach.

 

Luckily, she found him there, wearing his business suit, looking towards the ocean. She say his eyes, which were red. He was crying. She went behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. "I'm sorry for acting like that."

He wiped away his ears, and turned around to face her. "You have no reason to apologize. This was all my fault. But from now on, it'll never happen again. I'm so sorry I put you through all this."

She looked at him, "We've become so different now. But... I could never leave you, no matter how much I would've told myself to."

He couldn't hold back his happiness, and he expressed this by holding her hand. "Let's tell each other our honest feelings from now on. We'll have a new relationship, back to the beginning, just the two of us." 

At hearing those words, she smiled and hugged him. He returned the gesture, hugging her so tightly, like he'd never let her go.

The sunrise shone on the two of them as they smiled at each other and held hands while walking down the beach. 

There was hope seen in their new bright faces.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

A/N: End of Jessica's Story (Khuntoria Version)!! Which story should I do next? Hmm... we'll wait and see! Comments are always appreciated, and if you've seen the story, let me know which member's story you want me to do next for KhunToria, I always love reading through the comments and hearing your ideas :)

Oh, and I finally saw the last episode of Music and Lyrics with Junho and SoEun. So I didn't cry, but it was so bittersweet, it was sad to watch. She better go to his concert at the end of the year, maybe he'll prepare an event for  her ;P