2-2: Yoona's Story (KhunToria Ver.)

Time Machine

"Do you take him as your lawfully wedded husband?" A long silence.

But why was this happening? She was sure she knew the answer ti the question, yet she paused, and hesitated.

Even now, as she was getting married, she couldn't stop thinking about him. She had told him to move on, to forget about her, and she would do the same, at least, she did until she reached the altar. Her heart kept telling her to run, that what she was doing wasn't right. The memories they made when they were together, and especially the last time she met him, kept replaying in her mind like a neverending movie.

FLASHBACK

She had told him to meet with her at the Namsan Tower. She told him to meet her late at night, so they wouldn't be spotted, so there would be no misunderstandings. So he wouldn't be able to see her tears.

She assumed he came from work, wearing a business suit and holding a briefcase. He looked uncomfortable, like he didn't want to be here. She gestured him to go to where she was. She was a their spot, where their lock was.

"How are you, Victoria?" He asked. She couldn't say anything replying with a nod and a hum.

In her hand was a key. He saw it, and then looked at her strangely. "Why are you unlocking it? Didn't you say we'd just leave it here, even if we did break up?"

She then gathered up the courage to tell him what she wanted to say: "I'm... I'm getting married." She looked towards the ground, unable to meet his eyes.

His eyes widened in shock, but then quickly changed back to normal. "I see." His tone was sad. She was expecting him to be angry, to say something to try to stop her, shock her, but not this. She had never heard him sound so... defeated.

She found their lock and unlocked it, reomving it from the railing. As she turned around to face him, he held both of her hands. "You must be happy, then." She gave him the lock.

How should she react? She was speechless, but all she could do was nod. At the sight of this,he picked up his briefcase and left, their "love lock" still held by his hand. She left too, but not before taking one last glance behind her. "Goodbye, Nichkhun."

That was more than 6 months ago.

As much as she loved the man in front of her right now, there was already another man who had her heart. And she would run to him. You could barely hear her voice when she said her reply.

"I... I'm sorry." She removed her wedding weil and ran out of the church, much to the shock of her parents, the groom's parents, and everyone else in attendance.

 

Victoria stopped running after she was at least a very long distance away from the church. Hokkaido was beautiful when it snowed. She felt like a brand new person, the snow blessing her to run to him and washing away her should-have-been-married self. Ocasionally, the bystanders would give her a strange glance, wondering why a girl was running in only a wedding dress in the heavy snow, but they wouldn't stop her.

She felt so stupid. They were so happy together, so why did she end it? Everything was going so well, and everyone could see that they were perfect for each other.

"I wish I had a boyfriend like yours, Victoria," they would say, envy easily seen in their eyes. "You guys always think the same, know the same things, he's so polite too, and such a gentleman..." The list went on and on.

But she thought that this happiness was becoming too strange, too perfect. They would never fight, he'd always be there to listen to her, to understand her. Everything she wanted, she needed, he was always there. Sure, there were arguments here and there, but it blew over so quickly that it was like it never even happened in the first place. She got to the point where all this perfection and happiness was not making her happy, but scaring her. 

She was so scared because how everything was so happy and perfect, when in reality, it actually wasn't. The truth was, they just loved each other so much, that they were blind to see the imperfections in their relationship. But was she too late in realizing this?

There was only one thing on her mind: she was determined to see him. She didn't care how things would turn out, as long as she was able to see his face again. She knew he was in Hokkaido for a business meeting, and so she knew he would be somewhere nearby. She had invited him to the wedding, but he didn't show up.

And then she saw him. He was heading in a cafe across the street. Seeing the sight of his back, she started running.

She was wearing high heels, and her feet were freezing to the point where even walking was painful because of running while it was snowing, but she didn't care. She ran like she never did before.

No matter what happened, no matter how things would turn out, she was going to see him. She would have no regrets.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

A/N: Sorry this was soo short! I noticed that I haven't updated in a while, sorry about that... school's been keeping me busy, but it's the weekend, so hopefully I can finish Yoona's story and get a chapter of Do(n't) Look back ASAP!