CHAPTER 5

MARRIED TO A BEAST

Min Jee’s POV

“My husband and I came to an agreement that Junhyung and you should get married.”

“Aniyo! It’s really not necessary. W-we never dated and as you can see a can really take care of myself. For the past months I didn’t get any help from Junhyung. I know I can raise my daughter without a father at her side.” I said to Mrs. Yong. 

It’s been a week since I’ve given birth to my baby, Hana. I’m back to my apartment and I was planning to reopen my boutique. I’ll be releasing new design for the winter collection and everything is going well as I planned it to be.

“Min Jee, please. I’m her grandmother; the Yong’s blood is also running through your daughter. We also have the right for her. I know I promised you that I won’t tell him but let’s face it he is still the father of your child.”

“Mrs. Yong, for the past week you’ve been good to me. You stood as my mother and I thanked you for that but me and Junhyung getting married is wrong.”

“How is that wrong? You two are young you can learn to love each other. You two have one thing in common now. You can start with that.”

“Mrs. Yong, I think it’s time to tell you the truth…”

“What is it?”

“I swear I love my daughter and I don’t regret having her. I’m trying to forget everything, but I really think that you should know that Junhyung me.”

“Omo! My son would never do that!”

“I know that he wouldn’t but he was not himself that night. I thought that he was helping me, the next morning I knew that he took advantage of me. Their company and I just kept silent about it and I agreed to it because I know both of our careers would be at stake. I’m sorry Mrs. Yong. But I can’t accept your offer.”

“I apologize for my son’s behavior. I am so humiliated about it. I don’t know what to say.”

“It’s ok Mrs. Yong. I’ve forgiven him a long time ago I know he’s trying to make an effort to change and I’m thankful for that. Somehow at the end God gave me a blessing, Hana.”

“But Min Jee, please listen to me. Think about Hana. Someday, she’ll be looking for her father. You know that it will hurt her if you lie to her.”

“I know Mrs. Yong.”

“For the mean time think about it, it will hurt us if you take Hana away from her grandparents.”

I thought of it for a while. What if something bad happened to me I don’t want random people to take care of her. I want relatives to take care of her. I know I’ll be selfish if I took her away from her father, but now I have her I should also think of what she wants and not what I want. Maybe Mrs. Yong is right all along.

Junhyung’s POV

“No! I can’t do that! I won’t do it!” I said as I heard the news from my appa.

“Junhyung, it’s your child! I will not take no as an answer. This decision is final.”

“Am I getting punished to what I did? I told you it was an accident! I was drunk that night, I didn’t know what I was doing!”

“Aish! Can’t you understand? Min Jee is the same age as you are. You took away something that cannot be replaced because of your recklessness!”

“I know that and I learned from that. I took rehab for a few months and wasn’t able to join Beast’s activities for a long time. Appa, I’m sorry I can’t do what you want”

I said as I stood up and walked away from our living room.

I can’t believe this is all happening right now. It was all an accident, what should I do now? I didn’t even know that Min Jee was carrying my child. I don’t know her so why should I marry her?

I locked myself in my room and fell asleep. A few hours later I hear my umma knocking on my door.

“Junhyung, please come down we need to talk.”

I was pretending that I was still sleeping and didn’t answer.

“Junhyung, please we’re sorry but we really need to talk about this.”

I stood up and walked to the door and opened it. I couldn’t be mad at my umma though I want to.

“Umma, I can’t do it. I’m still young and I’m living my dream to be famous. I can’t get married, not right now.”

“Junhyung please come down to the living room let’s talk about this. I’ll give you a few minutes to fix yourself”

“Arasso.”

I fixed myself before going down to the living room. I can hear people talking. I thought it was only us family. But to my surprise everyone was there; the company’s president, our manager, and Min Jee. They didn’t notice that I was already there. I froze a little, I was planning to run from it but when I turned around I saw Doojoon, holding my baby.