Heart Breaker Part II

Day By Day

He was tired, sure, but the results were all that mattered to him.

Ji Young was sitting on the couch with a notebook in his lap, his eyes a little red from lack of sleep and his laptop open on the coffee table in front of him. The pen he was using to write with ran out of ink just as he finished writing. Former leader of Big Bang, G Dragon still lived with the same habits he acquired over the years as being Big Bang's leader and main lyricist. He still slept with a notebook at his bedside, along with a pen and a plugged in laptop.

Just because he didn't want to be a celebrity anymore doesn't mean that he's willing to throw away the talent that made him an idol in the first place.

GD sighed as he looked over his work, the laptop screen filled with countless open windows. All sorts of programs were running and he had a feeling that if he didn't stop soon, his laptop would crash and all of his hard work would be for nothing. Still, he had to review hus work one last time, making sure that everrpything was saved and accounted for before he shuts down.

After shutting down, he stretched his stiff arms, tense from writing and typing all night. Every once in awhile, he would steal a glance at the bedroom door across the room with the pink english letters E H hand painted on the door, just to make sure that the baby was still sleeping.

Once that was done, he started gathering his things. The area in the living room where he had been working was a mess. Ripped up pieces of paper littered the floor along with crumpled papers and a few broken pencils. Countless drinks occupied the coffee table (on a corner far away from the laptop to avoid any accidents) including a half empty bottle of water, an energy drink, and a bottle of soju. There was also a little pot containing ramen that he made hours ago, untouched because he was so focused on his song writing.

As he bent down to pick uo the litter on the floor, he accidentally knocked into something and he heard the shattering of glass from behind him.

"," he murmured as he turned around to find a picture frame on the floor and little pieces of shattered glass surrounding it. All sorts of thoughts were swimming in his head. Did the baby wake up? Why was he so careless? Is the picture okay? He's going to have to clean up the glass thoroughly or else Eun Hee moght get hurt crawling around.

He quickly bent down and retrieved the frame, shaking the bits of glass off as he did so. The frame fell face down so most of the broken glass was under the frame itself, save for a few pieces scattered here and there. He turned the frame around and found that the picture itself wasn't badly damaged during the fall and he let out a sigh of relief.

It took him a moment to recognize the picture as the panic that struck him earlier faded away. It was a picture that made him smile just by looking at it, a picture of his wedding day. Ji Young placed the picture back on the table where it came from next to two other pictures taken on his wedding day.

One was a picture including all of the male guests, another a single of him and his family. The last one was the one he knocked over, a group picture of him and the other four members. Him in the middle, Young Bae and Seungri on either side, and TOP and Daesung behind him. Everyone was smiling in that picture. Of course they were, it was a happy time. Or at least, it was suppose to be. "I wonder where all the happy times went..." he whispered to himself, more than anything.

Suddenly, he heard the familiar sound of his phone ringing.

B to the I to the G, B to the A N G~

GD was quick to answer the phone before the sound could wake up his daughter. He glanced at the caller ID and frowned.

"Yeobseyo?" he answered.

"Ji,Young-sshi..."
He froze.

He listened to the familiar voice whisper impossible things to him, things he couldn't understand, things he never wanted to hear. He broke into sweat immediately and his knuckles turned bone white from holding the phone too hard.

"Please," the female voice begged. "Please."

"I can't do this," he whispers into his phone. "Not again. Young Bae and I, our relationship is teetering on the brink of nothing all because of you, and you still want me to go through with something like that?" he didn't mean it to sound as negative as it did but once he started, he couldn't stop the words that flowed freely from his mouth. He had to take a breath to calm himself.

"You promised." With those words, everthing didn't matter anymore.

"...Okay," he answered. "But please, this time, please tell him."

He didn't hear a response, the phone was dead. Ji Young let out a frustrated sigh and sat down on the couch with his face in his hands. He couldn't do it again, but he has to. He prayed that somehow his best friend would understand, but how could he? How could he understand that he must betray him for a promise? A promise that had been made years ago, one that seperated Big Bang, ended a marriage, and nearly destroyed their friendship. How could he explain it in such a way that he could understand his feelings?

That's just it, he couldn't.

There was no way for him to explain it clearly, he didn't even know how to say it to himself.

Life is too hard, he thought. He knew it from back then and he remembers it now. No matter how hard he tries, the hardships in his life keep building up until it becomes a mountain where he's standing at the very peak. 

In his trainee years, when he had hardships, he had Young Bae with him every step of the way. If he was falling off the peak, Young Bae was falling with him. As the years go by, more and more people were there to catch him. YG family, his family, his fans. By then he was climbing the mountain alone, so if he fell he fell alone, but there was always someone to catch him. Now, he wasn't so sure. Does he even deserve to be saved?

"I'm sorry for being a bad friend." 

---

A/N Sorry, the first couple of chapters were just really long backstory about each member, to introduce where they are in life and such. 

The real story starts now, where friendship and relationships are tested.