Heart Breaker Part I

Day By Day

Two members were at home.

The room was quiet and dark, despite the fact that the sun had risen hours ago. Thick, dark curtains covered the windows, seperating the room from the outside world and the harsh rays of sunlight that comes with it. It was fairly neat, the room. It underwent an amazing transformation from the living space of a single man to the bedroom of a new family. The display case that once occupied a corner of the room was replaced with a crib. Toys occupied yet another corner of the room where gifts from fans once occupied the space.

Inside the crib, a three year old toddler has finally fallen asleep. The glow of a small nightlight, the only active source of light in the room, cast faint shadows upon the toddler's face. A lone figure was sleeping on the bed.

The man, tired from a restless night of sleep, was just starting to fall asleep. His son had been fighting a cold for the past few days and that hasn't been fun for anyone. Being a father has been a life long dream of his. With his career, he dreamed of not setting a goal for himself so that he wouldn't limit his future to that one goal. Instead, he opted to go as far as he can go in his singing career. It was something that brought an endless amount of joy to his life, but achieving greatness in his career didn't seem like an outstanding achievment to him. He had always felt, personally, that being a great father is far more difficult than what most people give it credit for. To become an inspirational father that his children can be proud of, that is his ultimate dream.

Even though he spent the majority of the past few days tending to his son, he could not fall asleep. He was exhausted. The bed was soft, Hyun was finally asleep, and the room was quiet. Why is he having so much trouble falling asleep? In the end, he blamed it on the absence of his wife.

It had surprised everyone that he was the first to get married. He was teased a lot because of the fact, actually. But it was all in good humor, and he didn't really mind. Seungri was the most surprised, especially since he had been in a relationship longer than anyone else.

"Hyung? Young Bae hyung? My Young Bae hyung is getting married?" he exclaimed once he told him. "How?! You haven't even dated, who's the girl?! Do I know her? Is she an idol? Is it Yuri?!" The makane was making him dizzy by walking back and forth in front of him.

He didn't really plan on Seungri being the first to know. In fact, he wasn't even sure who to call after she accepted his proposal. The happiness and sudden realization that this was really happening to him sent his mind into a mixed frenzy. He was dazed and even a little dizzy, from the happiness or what, he wasn't really sure.

As he was coming home the night after his proposal, he happened to bump into Seungri (quite literally) outside of the YG Entertainment building. Taeyang wasn't even aware that he was there in the first place. He originally planned on going back to his apartment, but when he got out of his car, he walked right into Seungri.

"Ah...Hyung?"

"Hm?"

"Young Bae hyung! What are you doing here?"

And that was what started the sudden guessing game, around eleven o'clock at night. The conversation dragged on well past midnight, and by then the two were sitting against the wall of the building, Seungri still making remarks of disbelief and trying to guess the name of his bride to be and Taeyang saying "no" to every wrong guess.

They were outside for so long and Seungri's earlier exclamations were so loud that it attracted the attention of the other members, Daesung and TOP who were the only ones in the building at that time in preparation for an interview the following morning. Coincidentally, Daesung and TOP happened to be up and about looking for a late night snack when they heard the commotion.

Soon, the three members (plus GD on the phone, after Seungri called him up relentlessly for 15 minutes to break the news) were all congradulating him and playfully teasing him about suddenly being Mr. Romance.

"Aish, my dongseng is getting married before I am," remarked TOP.

"Did you sing Wedding Dress to her before you proposed?" asked Daesung, laughing.

"Yah! Why didn't you call me earlier?" GD yelled through the phone. "I had to hear this from Seungri! Seungri! If he hadn't called, I probably wouldn't have known till whenever!"

"Sorry, I was confused and sort of...out of it," Taeyang explained. "I was going to tell you but...I can't really explain..."

It was true, he really couldn't explain how he felt. He tried his best, but the best explanation he could give was "I felt lost." After calming down, the members got to thinking. It was GD who finally identified what was troubling him.

"Ah! Young Bae, you're just so love sick that you're having seperation issues!" the leader exclaimed, and all the members did a group "Ah~" as if it was something they obviously should have recognized. He felt even more lost than before.

"I don't quite...understand."

Daesung cleared it uo a bit. "Well, because you haven't dated anyone else before, you probably wouldn't know, but basically it's something that everyone goes through when they're in love. You don't want to be seperated from her, so you feel 'lost' without her," he explained.

Now, he was feeling that same sense of absence, the anxiety of being seperated from the one he loved. He rolled onto his side and pulled the covers around him more securely. He slept so that the crib was still within his view, just in case.

"Sleep," he whispered, forcing his eyes to close. "She wouldn't want you to be tired. She's busy, she has to be gone. Tae Hyun needs you. Go to sleep." This was not his first battle with insomnia. He assured himself that he would fall asleep sooner if he would just relax his mind.

Before he had a chance to follow through with his thoughts, he heard a faint hum, the sound of a phone vibrating against a hard surface. He grabbed his phone off of the nightstand and thought about ignoring the call until he saw the caller ID.

Rubbing his eyes slightly, he answered with a soft "Yeobseyo?"

And the room fell into silence.

--- A/N: Another chapter, yay! I originally planned this as a double chapter for Taeyang and GD but Taeyang's part was unexpectedly lengthy so I decided to divide it in two parts. Also, I have yet to decide on a name for Taeyang's wife. For some reason, I'm really at a loss. I'm not even really sure if she should be a made up character, or an actual person. I've actually been thinking about doing him and IU but I'm still unsure about how I feel about the two yet (though I find her fan girling incredibly cute and he did say he wouldn't mind an age difference of up to ten years...).

Please give me some direction on this problem!

Also, I originally had him calling up G Dragon first, but I thought it'd be easier for all the members to find out at once and it'd be hard to gather everyone if he just went home and called up GD so that's why Seungri was going back to the YG building late, and Daesung n TOP were there as well (Before, I had everyone at home.)

Sorry for the random midnight snack thing, lol. I really can't imagine why Daesung and TOP would have a reason to stay up late despite having an interview early in the morning so I just threw the snack part in randomly. I would have them staying up late naturally because they're probably used to going to sleep later anyways due to their scheduling, but since the story takes place some time in the future and their schedules in story are really different from one another at the moment, I thought it'd be easier to do it the way I did.

I really like reading your thoughts and guesses, so by all means, do leave a comment!

PS: The title of the story, Day by Day, named after Haru Haru is somehow significant to the story.