Running Together

Day By Day

Two members were finishing up a variety show shooting. Of all the members, the two that were once quite awkward with each other now spends the majority of their time together, both voluntarily and involuntarily.

"Wah~ Hyung! Bibimbap, bibimbap!" the younger of the two cried after they bowed to their guests and the production staff for a job well done and wrapped up filming for that day. It was barely past eight in the morning but they've been filming continuously for twenty hours and to sum it all up, they were dead tired.

"Yah, how can you be thinking about food when you can barely stand up straight?" the older of the two asked. "Look, I think the bags under your eyes have gotten darker."

They've fell into a routine of sorts after half a year of being part of the main cast of Running Man. Long time members Gary and Gwan Soo had conflicting schedules as Gary pursued a come back with his rapping career and Gwan Soo had a new drama to film. The two were only there as temporary replacements but they loved being on the show and meeting other celebrities (especially the younger one) as well as reuniting with some old friends.

Running Man as a show has not changed much as the years piled on. It remains quite popular with audiences and the original cast has mostly been left in tact (save for Ji Suk Jin or "Big Nose Hyung" who formally left the show to spend more time with his wife and his son as he grew older). Even though the two Big Bang members are known as one of the most popular idols of the day, the show was just not the same without Ordinary Guy Gary and Giraffe Gwan Soo.

"See you next week, Daesung-ah, Seungri-ah!" shouted National MC Yoo Jae Suk as he entered his car.

"Yes, Hyung!" the two answered simultaniously as they entered their own black company car and waved good bye. The two settled into the back seats after closing the door, and the driver returned to his place behind the wheel, having left for a quick bathroom break.

"Back to Seungri's house and then my own please," Daesung requested and the driver nodded.

As the car started moving, Seungri frowned. "No bibimbap?" he whined.

"Yah, how old are you? You shouldn't whine like that, we're not children anymore," Daesung scolded.

It seems that the makane wasn't really listening as he yawned and rubbed his tired eyes. In his head, he knew what his hyung was saying was right, but he couldn't help being who he was. Besides, he's still the makane so he had more right to be childish than the other members. At least he has finally surpassed his hyungs in one thing: he was the first to get engaged. It did take him awhile to actually get married (by then, most of his hyungs were married themselves) but at least he's still ahead of TOP hyung! It's true that he has been married a full week while TOP on the other hand is still a free man. Just the thought of having that single accomplishment over the eldest member (plus the thought of his wife happily waiting for him at home) brought a smile to his face.

"By the way, how's Jung In doing?" Daesung asked quite suddenly.

"Great!" the makane said with a smile before diving into a long story about life as a newly wed couple.

Seungri was quick to answer any question about his wife and Daesung tried not to laugh. 'Ah, new love' he thought. 'By next month they'll be driving each other crazy.'

He didn't think that because he doubted Seungri's love for Jung In, he could see that the two were really in love. He thought it because he knew that the two had yet to adjust to living with each other. Daesung was thinking about his own experience of married life.

At first, he and his wife Soo Yin were too much in love to care about anything else. Their first month were heavenly, like scenes from a romantic drama. But after that month, they started noticing little things about each other that they didn't really notice before. Like for him, he saw when she came home from work, she would just half hazardly take off her shoes and leave them lying around the entrance of their home, where it would sometimes get in the way as he tried to come in. Or in the bathroom, she would mix up his facial cream with her other make up and he would spend five minutes every morning seperating and orginizing it again, only for her to mess it up again later.

When she came home, she complains about how he keeps "hiding" her make up because she can never find whatever she's looking for. And then she complains that his creams make up too much counter space and pretty soon, they were bickering about all sorts of stuff with each other, like who should do dishes or who should buy groceries. Daesung almost started laughing because he didn't believe that married life would actually turn out exactly as his mother said it would. "Getting married is like having a love-hate relationship," she told him on his wedding day. "You love them for who they are and hate them for who they are, but that's what keep you together; you learn how to adapt to each other in order to make living together possible."

At that point, he did laugh out loud and Seungri gave him a weird look, as if he had gone crazy.

"I think you should worry more about yourself instead of scolding me...," Seungri said slowly.

Soon, the car fell silent as they each began to drift away. The silence was no longer the awkward silence that plagued their presence before, but a natural silence that came along when two men are too tired to open their eyes. In a matter of moments, both were sound asleep.

During that time, the screen of Seungri's phone lit up with a call. Ten seconds later, the screen on Daesung's phone lit up as the light from Seungri's phone faded.

Both phones went off without notice having been silent during the shooting.

The two continued their well deserved rest undisturbed.

__________

A/N: And finally finished with chapter 2. Running Man made an appearance because thanks to BB, I've also become a RM fan! I highly recommend watching it, you won't be disappointed! (well, maybe you will, but still give it a try) You might not understand a few parts unless you're a RM fan but it's not that important to the plot. Oh, and bibimbap is a korean dish of rice and mixed vegetables and beef. Saw it in a drama once and I thought it was yummy :)