Friend One

Day By Day

When it happened, one friend was at a meeting. He was scanning through the pages of a script, trying to get an idea of the character and his role in the film. The room was filled with chatter, the set director arguing with the assistant set director about the layout of the main lead's office where most of the main scenes will be shot.

"The outside should have peeling paint and an unkept yard, the building's suppose to be ancient," the assistant director argued. Young and new, he was eager to proove that he had a good eye for design, can thoroughly read the script and do a quick but accurate character study. The main set director just kept shaking his head.

"Antique does not neccesarily mean ancient." Older and more experienced he didn't want to waste time and energy with a meaningless fight so he let the hot blooded director ramble on and on about his idea. Fighting back was too tiring.

The friend was sitting quietly at a distance away from the noisy argument. Dressed in a dark black suit, everything about him looked poised and professional. The producer was trying to speak to him over the noise of the other staff members. Clearly he was growing frustrated and was becoming a bit embarressed over the actions of his staff. Truth be told, he was a little intimidated by the man he was trying to talk to. The man had eyes that seem to have a personality of its own, swirling with emotions that he could not quite decipher.

"We would be very grateful if you would accept this role," the producer continued. "Now, if you are ready you're audition will begin. Well, it's more of a dry run through. You'll be meeting the other cast members and interacting with the crew and we'll see how this will go." The man looked at him seriously with cold eyes. The producer was really afraid that he would reject the offer on the spot. As if sensing the intensity of the moment, the fighting director and his assistant halted their argument, and the room grew eerily quiet.

Holding his breath in anticipation, the producer waited for a reply. Everyone was surprised when the actor show cased a charming grin and placed the script on the table as he stood up.

"Thank you for giving me such an opprotunity," he said very formally and bowed. "I accept your offer. Hopefully, my audition is good enough for you." The room errupted with cheers. The only thing the production crew came to an agreement on was the actor they thought would fit the character best: Choi Seung Hyun. Really, if the legendary actor refused the proposal, they would have been in grave trouble for they didn't have anyone else as a reserve. They haven't even gotton word out to the rest of the acting community about their project. In the beginning, they called one person and one person only; Seung Hyun's manager and they left it at that.

Some may call it "unprofessional" and "desperate" of them, but in their defense they were crunched for time because MBC was going to cut funding for them in a week and they needed something fast. Okay, so they were a bit desperate. Luckily, the actor otherwise known as Big Bang's T.O.P was very straightforward. He reads a script and if he likes it, he'll try out and if he doesn't, he'll leave. Of course, that also made it very difficult to win over his heart because you never really know what kind of character would please him. His preferences were changing constantly. One day, he might feel the need to be a villain, the next day a doctor.

It's a well known fact that he's willing to play almost anything under one condition: he must show little to no skin. That made swimming scenes and love scenes virtually impossible for anyone to sugguest. One director managed to persuade him to do a love scene with relative success. Adjust the wardrobe (a few buttons undone here and there, rolled up sleeves,messy hair) add a sugguestive look with his charismatic eyes plus a bed and saucey dialogue and the director later recieved a "most creative scene" award.

TOP smiled as he walked on set, feeling the heat of the set lights warming his face and he was swept into another world. In this world, he was lead police officer Park Min Jung, loving family man with one flaw: he wants to solve every case be it big or small, and he takes all unsolved cases to heart, which resulted in a drinking problem. 

The set was definetly a work in progress from what he could see through the glass of the small meeting room. the staff didn't seem to be in high spirits with a cut off date so soon, and everyone was in a hurry. Even in this sort of working environment, he felt exhilerated. 

"Okay everyone, let's do our best," he encouraged and flashed another iconic smile. 

Back in the meeting room where TOP left his jacket, his phone started ringing. 

No one was around to hear it. 

___

A/N: Chapter 1, done!