Stationery

My Doll-like Smile

NaRa's POV

  Being with Song Seunghyun was the best thing that's ever happened to me. It lasted what seemed forever and went away in the blink of an eye. Even if I knew before, I would have ended up the same way. Heartbroken and empty.

  I told myself for a year it wasn't my fault. Yet I still sulked around and did nothing. For an entire year I stayed home. Only going outside for grocery shopping. Even then I only got ramen and tea. For a whole year the only thing I said was Thank you and Have a good day. For a whole year I cried myself to sleep.

  Song Seunghyun could have chosen me. He could have stayed. But he chose fame. He chose to go to the states and debut. I told myself this was all a big joke, a fraud. And everyday, bit by bit, I lost myself. Being alone for an entire year isn't bad. It gets lonely, but who missed me?

  I was like that for a whole year. An ENTIRE year. Then on our anniversary I got a call. The Song Seunghyun called me. He asked how I was, and if I had graduated. He asked how our cat Neko was. Like everything was normal. And I pretended. I told him that I couldn't finish school because of personal problems, I explained to him that I gave Neko to my neighbor's daughter, and I told him I was fine.

  In whole, the only thing I lied about was me being fine. I was nowhere near fine. But he believed me. He rambled on and on about how he's sold 500,000 copies worldwide and how he'll come down and visit for about an hour while I just sat there, staring into space, aggreeing every once in a while.

  Two years passed and people started believing I was fine. My mother would call me everyother day, my dongsaeng would come over and we would play board games, and I went back to school. Smiling and laughing. Everyone believed I was truly better. Everyone except Lee Hongki.

  I never knew Lee Hongki existed until a month before Song Seunghyun left. He was assigned to be my partner, and we grew to be friends. Not bestfriends, but the kind of friend that you would talk to and greet in the hallway. He noticed I wear my make up different. He noticed my change in style. He commented on my now short hair. He pointed out that I laugh different. How am I supposed to tell Lee Hongki that I changed my appearence so if I ever run into Song Seunghyun, he wouldn't recognize me? How am I supposed to tell him I laugh different because it's fake and forced? I don't.

  I told him it was time I needed a change. I was getting tired of my appearence, and he let the conversation drop. Now Lee Hongki is one of my only friends. I know a lot of people, but we aren't friends, we are just aquaintences. I'm in my final year of high school, but Hongki graduated last year, like I was supposed to. But everyday he meets me outside of the gate, smiling like a fool. Not like a doll. A smile that reaches his soul.

 

Present time NaRa's POV

 

*Beep beep beep beep beep*

My alram clock could have went forever, but I stopped it with one chuck across the room. I crawled out of my bed and into the shower. I showered and got dressed quickly, putting a little bit of eyeliner on so it looks like my smile reaches my eyes. I grabbed my bag and saw the shattered alarm clock on the ground across the room.

"That's going to have to be replaced." I sighed out loud.

I turned everything off and went to the kitchen. With as much speed as a turtle, I grabbed some rice out of my rice maker and put it into a little bento box, along with the sushi Hongki made for me yesterday.

Hongki is the kind of guy who can use aegyo, but can be fierce when needed. So if I let his sushi go to waste, he wouldn't forget it. Ever.

 

When I arrived at school I got a few greetings and I greeted them back, with a quick smaile and bow. Like every morning I grabbed what I needed from my locker and went to class.

In every class I just took notes becasue I already knew and understood the material bing taught, but I still needed credits to graduate like I would if Song Seunghyun were here. Not to mention everyday Hongki asks to see my notes to make sure I copied down everything correctly, so I would have valid studies.

During lunch I sat with who people call the '21' group. Because they come off as bullies and bad. But really they are nice and sort of funny. There's CL, Minzy, Bom, and Dara. I get along most with Bom, she's more reasonable. But put corn in front of her face and all resonablility she once had will vanish.

Other than being the one that hangs out 21, People don't know me. Which is cool.

School went smoothly and I got a B+ on my science test. Something to make Hongki happy I figure.

"NaRa! Kaja! I have somehing planned." Hongki urged, running from his spot at the gate to me.

"Mwoh?" I asked.

"Neh!" He nodded. "You'll like it!" he added, pulling me off of campus.

He continued dragging me down the street babbling about his day and our dog. Yeah. We have a dog. His idea.

"Here it is!" he announced finally, facing a small shop.

"What is this?" I groaned.

"Stationery! I was watching tv and the host said instead of keeping things bottled up, write letters to who you want and then don't send them!" he explained, leading me into the shop. "Your favorite color is yellow, right?" 

"Neh. But I want green." I decided.

"Why?" he asked.

"I'm in a greeny mood." I smiled.

He sighed and picked up five different green stationary. "There. That's fifteen papers and envolopes." Hongki smiled at me.

I looked at his smile. His smile is one thing that makes me smile. His unperfect teeth, his light pink lips, and true meaning behind every smile. Sometimes I wish that we loved each other instead os Song Seunghyun and I.

He suddenly stopped smiling, "Do I have something in my teeth?" he asked, covering his mouth.

"Ani. Keep smiling, it looks good on you." I laughed a little.

I warm feeling sprouted inside my stomach and then went away. That appears sometimes when I'm with Hongki. It's like my soul is trying to be happy, but it's just a spark, never a flame.

"I'll pay then! Wanna get food after?" he asked.

"Oh sure. And thanks Hongki." I nodded.

"Hongki OPPA." he said, stressing oppa.

"Lee Hongki?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oppa~!" he whined.

"Ohhh, Lee Hongki-sshi." I gasped.

"You're hopeless!" Hongki laughed and paid for our food.

"I know." I sighed and followed behind him. My phone vibrated in my pocket, causing me to jump a little. My mom texted me asking if I was going to be home tonight.

"Hongki, what time will we be done?" I asked.

"Not sure, why?" he answered, handing me the plastic bag with my gift.

"My mom wants to know if I'm going to be home tonight." I sighed.

"Ask her why." he said and began walking out of the store.

I texted her and she responded immediately. I forgot! It's my sister's birthday!

"Hongki! I'm so sorry! I have to go!" I sighed.

"Mwoh? We can't eat?" he asked.

"Ani! It's EunRi's birthday today! I have to get ready and get a gift." I groaned.

"Arrasso." he nodded. He averted his gaze to the ground and seemed more let down than usual.

"Tomorrow?" I asked.

"That's fine. You are my only friend anyway." he chuckled a little.

"Okay. Bye Hongki!" I waved and began running home.

 

No One's POV

 

NaRa ran away, leaving Hongki standing there alone.

"This will have to wait I guess." he sighed, pulling a pair of rings out of his pocket.

"I hope you accept my love Yang Nara." He murmured and began walking home

 


Ello(:

This is SushiandJonghyun:3

And if there's one thing I'm famous for...

It's romantic comedy. xD

I'm new to this kind of genre, so just work with me?^U^ xD

Ohai there my 5 subscribers! Wanna know a secret?:D I LOVE YOU! c:

rachelxzoe, x3minari, melonchiffon--, chartreuse, & Kyotastic-Baby!

And tiime for replies?:D

@chartreuse: Thank yoou!:D and yess, I like the name too^-^

@melonchiffon: /le sniff, thank you. c:

@x3minari: Hehe idk? xD I just felt like trying something new:D xD

@rachelxzoe: Seunghyun's been leaving too many people:/ Hmmm, he must be recording another goodmorning bob episode?!? xD

Happy Reading~!

~SushiandJonghyun