In a moment you can stand up and go

In a moment

"I will wait here tomorrow, Kyu!", Hyukjae yelled behind Kyuhyun's retreating back. "Don't you dare make me wake up for nothing!"
But as expected the man didn't turn around or indicated he heard him in any way.  
Hyukjae sighed at the disappearing figure. He was really scared for a moment there, with the man eyes wide and frantic. It was obvious from the first day that something was not going well for Kyuhyun of course. But Hyukjae never imagined something like this could happen, he never thought things were that bad. It made him wonder if pushing his presence onto the other was actually a good thing to do or he was being selfish like usual. After all Kyuhyun clearly needed some kind of help and Hyukjae was sure not only that he could not provide it but he would mess things up even more. Like he always does.

It was a true chance he met Kyuhyun that day. The surprise of meeting someone from so long again managed to somehow put aside all the anger and sadness that was building inside of him previously. And then seeing Kyuhyun being not really the boy he remembered he just became curious. Selfishly he decided to absorb himself in the newly found 'friendship', spending the day sulking around his dorm room and waiting for the next morning. He was curious and willing to thrown himself into anything that will take his mind off his own problems.

Today was actually the day his cast would be taken off. He was ecstatic and worried in the same time. Finally he would be able to at least walk normally if not going back to dance right away. On the other hand he had to slowly go back to form again.
Looking back even if he didn't want to he had to admit that getting treatment was the right thing to do. He was getting worse and worse and honestly he feared what could have happened if he had continued this way.
This realization didn't make it easier though. The past two weeks were the first for years he spent away from everything that was the dance academy. He called the head master and told him he was sick. He declined to talk to anyone related, ignoring JiYeon's calls and pretending he wasn't there when Donghae came to his dorm. He returned the cards and food people from his class had send him. Even his roommate, Junsu, started looking at him funnily.
He felt he needed to be alone for awhile, just with himself. He needed to breathe a little bit before going back to the same old circle of win or die he was living before.
With the cast off he wouldn't have an objective reason to not start again. And that was enough for him to not be able to sleep.
*

Taking off the cast was easy. The nurse at the hospital was friendly, commenting how good the ankle seemed to had healed.
Actually using the foot was a whole different deal. "You have to slowly start excising it.", the doctor had said. "Without overstraining it!"
He used the crutches again on the way home wincing at the pain he felt on the limp. It was in the evening he was able to carefully step on it, rolling the ankle around and trying to wake it up. The next morning it was a tad bit better even if still stiff. He decided 5 a.m. was a good time to attempt walking on his own till the park.

Kyuhyun did came, he was even earlier than Hyukjae, sitting down on the bench and looking somewhat sleepy as the blonde boy approached him. His eyes looked up though when he sensed Hyukjae coming and it almost seemed as if he was waiting for him when his eyes flickered at the other. Hyukjae couldn't keep down his surprised smile and hurrying sat down on the bench as well waiving excitedly to the other.
"Hey, Kyu! Good day, isn't it?"
The brunette raised an eyebrow at the over cheerfulness but it only made Hyukjae smile wider and want to giggle on the inside. He probed his strawberry milk with the straw while handing another one to Kyuhyun. The man looked at it for a moment before finally accepting it.
Something was definitely different today.
"Do you notice anything?", encouraged from the change Hyukjae drew the other's attention back to himself pocking at his arm. Kyuhyun still jolted from the touch but looked up seeming not as mad as before.
He looked over his shoulder at Hyukjae and the blonde pointed at right leg, wearing a bright red converse and without a trace of the cast.
"They took it off yesterday!", he informed happily wiggling the foot. "I officially don't have to limp anymore!"
Before the other man could answer however sounded the firs notes from today's rehearsal so the interaction was abruptly interrupted. Hyukjae pouted as Kyuhyun's attention as on cue went straight ahead ignoring him. Hi did give a small nod beforehand though and Hyukjae took that as Kyuhyun's language for 'congratulations'. He could roll with that, he guessed.

The music started flowing through the air like every morning. But Hyukjae didn't find himself falling asleep as usual. He forced himself to stay awake and pay attention for once.
If he had to be honest he didn't quite understand what Kyuhyun found in it. He knew the other could play piano and so on but the choir seemed too... bland. For Hyukaje who was used to upbeat songs that can get your blood pumped up and for Kyuhyun who Hyukjae thought should be much better at playing. The only thing truly amazing during it was Kyuhyun's own expressions, the smile that lit up every feature on his face and the sudden bliss that he was in while listening. Hyukjae was yet to be in such condition. For this sight he was willing to wake up at 5 o'clock every morning.
Watching Kyuhyun now, without closing his eyes from tiredness and lack of sleep, Hyukjae found the man that more fascinating. He was still scared of being selfish and doing more harm than good. But it seemed like Kyuhyun himself had changed a little bit towards him. He was letting him be part of his day for more than two weeks. Hyukjae didn't had the will to brake that. And he found himself wishing Kyuhyun to become a permanent part of his days in the future as well.
*

"Hey, do you want to go somewhere with me today?", a couple of days later Hyukjae asked Kyuhyun when he had just stood up to go home. "A couple of friends are having a gig later and asked me if I want to see it."
He had thought and rethought these words in his mind constantly and they still sounded wrong and overly pushy, overall bound to fail. He prayed the brunette won't ignore him this time. Fortunately Kyuhyun stopped on his track instead and turned around questioning Hyukjae with his eyes. The blonde grinned hopefully.
"I mean... If you want to? It's near and starts in about an hour so..."
Kyuhyun looked hesitant so Hyukjae made sure to add even cuter smile. Not that it worked the other times...
"I will really like it if you come."
And Hyukjae's tiny grin went full wide when Kyuhyun looked at him one more moment and nodded slowly. There were fireworks in his brain and he couldn't contain a gleeful giggle to escape his lips. In this moment he pushed aside all the thought of him being selfish and not particularly good. A nod was still a nod and an excited Hyukjae was an excited Hyukjae.

It took them about half an hour to reach the place of the gig. The time was mostly filled, as usual, with Hyukjae's ramblings about this and that and 'Oh, did I tell you how one time...' or 'Let me teach you the best way to...'. Kyuhyun was left alone to ignore his crazy remarks or to scoff at some of them as if telling the blonde boy he should really rethink his life choices. Hyukjae laughed at these reactions encouraged to dig up even more embarrassing stories for his, quite big, storage.
When they finally reached the square the performance should be on, people were already gathering around. Most of them were about the same age as Huykjae and Kyuhyun, but there were some older ones as well as a group of squealing teenage girls. And of course the ever present fifteen years old boys with a skateboards that were just 'hanging around'.
"Hyung, you came!", a voice sounded from the crowd and suddenly Hyukjae found himself engulfed in a tight hug from what seemed like an overactive teenage girl.
"T-Taemin?", he stuttered in surprise before detaching himself from the person and looking at the strangely masculine face that was grinning at him. "Yah, Lee Taemin! You look like a woman!"
The said boy laughed and winked at him, putting his hair extensions back in place.
"Why, thank you very much, hyung. And this is...?", noticing Kyuhyun standing awkwardly behind the blond he asked, taken aback a little bit by Kyuhyun's usual unemotional glare.
"That's Kyuhyun.", Hyukjae introduced them. "He's um...", a high school classmate?, an acquaintance?, just there? "... a friend of mine. We knew each other back in high school."
He tried really hard not to look at Kyuhyun while saying that. Maybe calling him a friend was going too far.
He did not see the shock that was in his eyes thus as nobody had called Kyuhyun 'a friend' for so long.
"What, before coming to Seoul?", Hyukjae nodded and Taemin grinned widely at Kyuhyun. "Wow, I never imagined Hyukjae hyung to have life before the dance academy. Nice to meet you!"
"Yah! you little...", but there was no time to finish as Taemin had already fled with a piece sign to the other boys in the center. Hyukjae sighed after him.
"I met Taemin last year.", he said to Kyuhyun as if the other was asking. "He's a street dancer. Well, technically he's a high school student but definitely spends more time dancing on the streets than studying in school."
They watched for a minute how the guys warm up, stretching their long limps. Hyukjae himself could feel his body lighter waiting for them to start.
"All of them are good enough to join the academy already. Taemin says he never will, though. So do the others."

More people were arriving and soon both of them were in the middle of a crowd. Hyukjae looked worriedly at Kyuhyun not quite sure how the man would take being squished between people like that but for once the brunette didn't seem nervous about the human touch. He was staring at the dancers before sensing Hyukjae's eyes and looking at him.
Were they getting good at this? Because Hyukjae didn't have to ask if Kyuhyun was ok and instead Kyuhyun sensed the question and murmured a low "It's fine.". The sound was almost lost in commotion but Hyukaje heard it well enough and grinned at the man conveying 'I'm glad' before turning around to look at the guys as well.
Soon thought the people became too much and behind them started to push forward. Suddenly a strong shove send Kyuhyun flying forward. On instinct his hands come in front and onto Hyukjae's shoulders to keep himself steady.
The blonde boy froze, feeling Kyuhyun's touch but so did Kyuhyun who's eyes widened before he put his hands down immediately. He glared at the bubbly girl who had accidently pushed him and even from his place Hyukjae could see her shiver in fright. Kyuhyun was in a clear discomfort now and Hyukjae bit his lips concerned. He knew the other was trying to hold it in but he didn't bring him here to make him feel bad. He kinda just hoped for a good time together.
An idea came to his mind.
"Hey, JiHyuk!", the boy waved to one of the dancers who lifted his head immediately, hearing the familiar voice.
"Hyuk!", a boy in a green cap smiled at Hyukaj gesturing towards him.
The crowd seemed to separate a tiny little bit at that and seeing his chance Hyukjae grasped Kyuhyun's wrist and made his way through it. They managed to go up front, panting from the effort. Hyukjae's hand stayed one more second on Kyuhyun's wrist before catching on as well and dropping down awkwardly.
"Taemin told me you are came after all. Are you gonna dance?", the boy who helped them get trough jogged to them still grinning. Hyukjae shook his head.
"Hurt ankle, I must be careful."
"Oh, man. Too bad, we haven't dance together for ages."
He could only offer a bitter smile. It had been a long time and he did miss it. He was too busy with lessons and competition to be able to hang out with the boys lately. Heating the beat of the music slowly rising, Hyukjae showed JiHyuk away and, feeling Kyuhyun reassuringly right behind him, prepared to watch the show.

When the full blown music finally sounded the people started to chant. One by one the five boys on the improvised stage got into their moved, feeling the beat. The dance started.
It was a kind of dance that Hyukjae didn't learn in any of his classes. A little bit of break, a little bit of popping, synchronized movements and basically whatever the hell the dancer wanted. They had a lot of fun dancing t and it was incredibly fin to watch it as well. Hyukjae started clapping with the rest of the people. His body, so used to moving, was already swaying with the melody and he felt his head light. He really liked this guys, the passion he would see in each one's eyes as they move, the smile that ever present on their lips. They danced following no rules, they weren't there because they had to, they weren't doing it for practice of wanting to achieve something else. It was just plain joy. A fun way for a several high school buddies to pass time. It sorta reminded Hyukjae of a past that he never really got to have - when he danced too not because his future depended on it but just because it felt damn good.
He was laughing and shouting with everybody. With the corner of his eyes he saw Kyuhyun looking at the performance as well, eyes drinking the dancers and, Hyukjae could bet on it, ears drowning in the music. It was not as soulful as the church's one, there was little instrumentation or voice,  it was mainly composed from heavy beat. So maybe Kyuhyun didn't like it as much as the choir. Still Hyukjae gleefully noticed how his head was moving lightly with the drums. He wasn't hating either.

After a little bit more time JiHyuk separated from the group and went to them, handing his hand to Hyukjae after all.
"Come on, Hyuk. For the old times."
Hyukjae stopped chanting looking confused at the hand, then hesitant at JiHyuk. He really did want to. He had danced before with them and enjoyed it so very much. He would quite love to dance again. But his mind screamed at him that his ankle was in a cast and that overstraining means more time outside dance lessons. The reason screamed of not having time and needing to start practicing again as soon as possible.

Hyukjae took the hand.
He really could do much with the circumstances, a slight bending, a few popping movements and, when he decided he was really feeling it, a body wave. No spins while holding his leg parallel to his body and no pirouettes. He could hear the crowd's chants even louder now that he was in the spotlight and smiled widely at the people in it, doing a small jump and chanting with them once more while dancing. His ankle was starting to hurt even for so however and he was careful with it. Academy or not, he would like very much to continue walking. After one more wave he bowed to the public and ending his brief cameo went back to his place again.
His cheeks were red from excitement and he was breathing heavily. His heart was beating loudly making him swell with adrenaline and something that resembled a bliss.
He looked at Kyuhyun overjoyed.
"Was I good?", he asked cockily with an exaggerated pose. Kyuhyun eyed him mockingly but the curves but the tiny smile gave him away.
"I was good, wasn't I?", Hyukjae teased pocking his shoulder to draw his attention back. Kyuhyun shook his head to his antics.
At the same time Hyukjae felt his pocket buzzing. Sticking his tongue out at the Kyuhyun who was one again ignoring him, he took out his cell and looked at the received massage. He expected JYeon, his parents and even Donghae and was prepared to not let them dump his mood right now. What he didn't see coming though was a massage from the academy committee.

"The places for this semester's third year performance were chosen. Lead male - ShinYoon. Lead female - JiYeon. Second..."

. . .
As if the reality crashed into him, taking him by surprise and stealing all the air from his lungs. All the fun and all the passion vanished with one simple click. He was reminded where he was, why wasn't he good enough and where he wanted to be. Where he was supposed to be right now - on that list.
He felt somebody's hand on his shoulder and looked behind finding Kyuhyun looking at him with concern. Hyukjae didn't have the energy to be happy for his attention this time nor he wondered how he knew instantly that something had gone wrong. He casted his gaze down and loud enough, but only for Kyuhyun to hear, he said brokenly.
"I want to go home, Kyu." 

 


Yeah, quite later than I promised, I know -_- I'm not a good writer everybody so I'm really slow with writing, I tend to reread a lot of times and delate a lot of stuff etc, etc. Why am I making excuses ^_^ Just don't believe anything I say about updating, ok ;)

I would have liked to think a little bit more about this chapter but tomorrow I'm going away (youth exchande abroad, hehe) for two weeks and I wanted to post before that.

Soooo... Is it anoying that Kyuhyun does not talk? Hm... They slowly started to become friends, so hoooray! I feel this story kinda lacks romance but it's a little bit more about people overcoming their struggles trough each other's help than a romantic flick (not saying that a romantic flick can't be about that...). Also the romance is ahead ( I like to think as well ).
This was a totally new chapter I have written, no trace from the old ones. I'm not sure if I wil I come back to them again. Probably, at least partly.

As usual I will be realyreally happy if you comment, sunscribe and so on. Tell me what you think. You can also tell me I and what annoys you, I like all kind of comments ^^^

Thanks' for reading!

PS: Can I just say how pants dropping was 'Devil'? And I'm not talking about the musci video surprisingly. I'm talking about this dance that kinda makes me want to throw my bra at them :p. Is it only me? Anyone?

PSS: I need to sleep. Sorry for the nonsense ^^^