Final

Fuori dal Mundo “Outside the World”
The song came to a graceful close, mimicking Sungmin's sobs. He kept his head down and fingers on the keyboard keys as  he tried to get control of his breathing. 
 
The two sat in silence until Kyuhyun squeezed Sungmin's hand, which he had yet to let go of. 
 
“Don't leave.” Sungmin mumbled, barely audible. 
 
“What, Sungmin?” Kyuhyun said gently, leaning closer in order to hear the other better.
 
“Please, don't leave, again.” Sungmin repeated. 
 
Kyuhyun sighed before he followed his instincts and pulled the other into a tight hug. Sungmin immediately tucked his head against Kyuhyun's shoulder, his tears coming back against his will. 
 
“I won't leave if you don't want me to. I'm so sorry, Sungmin.”
 
Sungmin nodded, squeezing the material of Kyuhyun's shirt. 
 
“Please stop crying, Sungmin. I won't leave.”
 
Sungmin shook his head and muttered something against Kyuhyun's shoulder. 
 
“What did you say?” Kyuhyun asked as he ran his hand up and down Sungmin's back. 
 
“I can still play...” Sungmin said as he turned his head so his mouth wasn't against Kyuhyun's shoulder. 
 
At this, Kyuhyun smiled and hugged Sungmin tighter. 
 
“I can still play. It's like I never stopped.” Sungmin continued. His sobbing had stopped as the realization was setting in. 
 
“You can do anything, Sungmin.” Kyuhyun said, resting his cheek against Sungmin's hair. 
 
Sungmin let got of Kyuhyun shirt with one and and reached in the direction of the keyboard. Kyuhyun felt the other shift and turned his head watch. 
 
Sungmin's fingers found the keys and traced over them much like he had done with the piano in the music room at school. His eyes were wide behind his sunglasses as ran his finger tips over the ivory keys. 
 
“Can...Can I play again?” Sungmin mumbled. 
 
“Of course!” Kyuhyun said quickly as he removed himself from Sungmin's hold and positioned the other in front of the keyboard. 
 
Kyuhyun took a step back and watched as Sungmin took a deep breath and counted keys to make sure his fingers were where he wanted them to be. He pressed a key, and nearly jumped—it was only him making the music now. 
 
A bit hesitantly, Sungmin began to play a song. It took a moment for him to gain the confidence to reach the right tempo, but once he did, Kyuhyun felt tears well in his own eyes. 
 
Sungmin swayed with the music, his hand moving gracefully as if nothing had ever changed. The song played on and the room was filled with an audible perspective of the pure relief Sungmin felt. He continued on, leaning and swaying to add to the feel of the song. 
 
As the song slowed to an end, Kyuhyun cocked his head as he realized he had never heard the piece before. 
 
“What song was that?” Kyuhyun asked as he wiped away the tears that had fallen. 
 
“My own.” Sungmin said as he continued to run his fingers lightly along the keys. 
 
“Your own piece?” Kyuhyun asked in disbelief. 
 
Sungmin nodded. 
 
“You were able to write a whole song? A song that's brilliant?!” Kyuhyun continued. 
 
Sungmin nodded. “I told you; I was going to be a professional.” 
 
Kyuhyun paused for a moment, jaw hanging open. Suddenly, he mumbled a quick “stay here” before he ran out of Sungmin's apartment. 
 
Sungmin nodded slightly, his fingers never leaving the instrument. 
 
Kyuhyun came running back, blank sheet paper and pencils in hand. 
 
“Play it again, but slower.” Kyuhyun said, dropping the paper and pencils onto the little table next to the keyboard. 
 
“Why?” Sungmin asked, trying to locate where the other was. 
 
“I'm going to write it down.” Kyuhyun said flatly, determined. 
 
Sungmin shook his head as he took a step away from the keyboard, his fingers finally falling to his side. 
 
“Sungmin? Why not?” Kyuhyun asked, stepping close to the other. 
 
“I can't see it.” Sungmin muttered. 
 
“That's okay. I'll write it for you. You play and I'll write it down.” Kyuhyun said, gently taking Sungmin's hands in his own. 
 
Sungmin remained silent, tightening his fingers around Kyuhyun's. 
 
“I don't need your help.” Sungmin mumbled. He didn't even sound like he believed it himself anymore. 
 
Kyuhyun leg go of Sungmin's hands and placed his hands on the other's face, resting his forehead against the Sungmin's.
 
“I'm not helping you, Sungmin. I'm working with you.” Kyuhyun said before he pressed his lips firmly, but quickly against the other's. 
 
“Okay.” Sungmin rushed out as Kyuhyun pulled away. 
 
“You're so beautiful...” Kyuhyun muttered as he rand his thumb along Sungmin's cheek bones. 
 
They stayed like that for a moment, content with simply being near each other. But suddenly, Kyuhyun's fingers wrapped around the sides of Sungmin's sunglasses. 
 
Sungmin tensed, but Kyuhyun didn't stop. 
 
“It's okay.” Kyuhyun whispered as he carefully removed the sunglasses, folding them and placing them on the couch. His hands then returned to Sungmin's cheeks. 
 
“...so beautiful.” Kyuhyun whispered. 
 
Sungmin just blinked, eyes bouncing around slightly. Kyuhyun leaned in suddenly and kissed the other, again. 
 
“Do you want to play, again?” Kyuhyun asked, when he pulled away. 
 
“Wait...” Sungmin said quickly. 
 
Sungmin pulled back slightly, allowing room for his hands to rise between the two of them. Kyuhyun grabbed his hands gently, unsure of what the other was planning. 
 
Kyuhyun kept his hands on Sungmin's, but allowed the other to moved how ever he wanted. He stared into Sungmin's golden eyes which had seemed to settle somewhere on Kyuhyun's face. 
 
With wide eyes and a slightly parted mouth, Sungmin reached up until his finger tips touched Kyuhyun's jaw. 
 
Kyuhyun let his hands slip to Sungmin's wrists. 
 
Sungmin grazed his fingers along Kyuhyun's jaw, bringing the up slightly to feel the other's cheek. 
 
“Uh, hmm... scars...” Kyuhyun muttered, referring to the acne scars he had obtained as he had grown up, as he pulled away from Sungmin's reach. 
 
“...No...” Sungmin said absently as he took a step forward and carefully returned his fingers. 
 
Kyuhyun stilled as Sungmin's fingers continued to their wandering. He watched Sungmin, entranced by the look of pure concentration and wonder in Sungmin's eyes. 
 
Sungmin moved his fingers up, being very careful as he felt around Kyuhyun's eyes. He grazed his fingers over the other's forehead and into Kyuhyun's hair. Sungmin moved his fingers down through his hair, grazing his ears as he felt along Kyuhyun's jaw, again. He felt Kyuhyun's chin before he reached up and felt up the bridge of Kyuhyun's nose. Sungmin brought his fingers down the sides of Kyuhyun's nose until he found the other's lips. He ran his fingers slowly across Kyuhyun's lips before he pulled his hands away completely. 
 
“...beautiful...” Sungmin muttered. Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin against himself, kissing him firmly before tucking his head against the elder's shoulder. 
 
“I'll play now.” Sungmin said gently after a few moments of standing in each other's embrace. 
 
~
 
“You're not the composer, correct?” The man in a business suit asked as he placed a CD into player. 
 
“Right.” Kyuhyun answers, his fingers playing with the hem of his shirt. “I'm just one of the pianists.” 
 
“And who is the composer? Lee Sungmin?” The man asked, looking at the cover of the CD. 
 
“Yes.” Kyuhyun answered reaching a hand behind himself, reaching for the composer. 
 
“And why isn't he here?” The man asked. 
 
Kyuhyun's eyes scrunched. “He is.”
 
Kyuhyun felt the cloth of Sungmin's coat. He pulled on it to guide the other to stand next to him, chuckling slightly as he felt the other's cane knock against his foot. 
 
“This is Lee Sungmin?” The man asked skeptically.
 
“Y-Yes.” Sungmin answered, eyes downcast behind his sunglasses. 
 
The businessman eyed Sungmin before returning his gaze to Kyuhyun. “You're serous?” 
 
“Completely.” Kyuhyun said firmly, disliking the look of skeptical disbelief in the man's eyes. 
 
“Huh.” The man's attention went back to the player as he pressed play and leaned back in his chair, looking over the CD cover. 
 
Kyuhyun relaxed as he heard Sungmin's piece playing through the speakers. He knew that even if the businessman had doubts, the music would speak for itself. 
 
The man allowed the song to play out, all three minutes. The song ended and there was silence. 
 
Sungmin gripped his cane with white knuckles tense from nervousness. Kyuhyun continued to play with the hem of his shirt as he watched the businessman. 
 
When the man finally began to speak, both Kyuhyun and Sungmin jumped. 
 
“That's quite good.” The man began, nodding his head as he continued to look at the CD cover. “Very good, in fact.” 
 
“Thank you.” Kyuhyun said, reaching out and grabbing Sungmin's hand. 
 
“Better than most of the that gets brought into my office, actually.” 
 
You could almost hear the breath Kyuhyun and Sungmin took in as they waited patiently. 
 
“You've performed live before, I assume?”
 
“N-Never together.” Kyuhyun answered, his face falling slightly.
 
“Never?”
 
Kyuhyun shook his head. 
 
“Hmm...” The businessman hummed as he ran a hand through his hair. “How about this? I'll get you both a gig at this club where most of our performers practice their new stuff. If the audience gets you guys and likes what you do, we will hire you.”
 
Both Kyuhyun's and Sungmin's jaws dropped. 
 
“You'll hire us?” Sungmin asked, the first thing he had said since stepping into the office. 
 
If the audience likes what you do. I like it, but it's more important what the fans like.” 
 
“Okay. We'll do it.” Kyuhyun answered, gripping Sungmin's hand tighter. 
 
“Sungmin?” The man asked, looking for confirmation from the composer himself. 
 
“We'll do it.” Sungmin said with a firm nod, his hand clutching at his cane and Kyuhyun's hand. 
 
~
 
“You'll be fine, Sungmin” Kyuhyun said as he pulled the other to a dark corner backstage. From where they were, they could hear the music from the performers before them and the appreciative crowd. 
 
“I-I haven't performed in front of people in years, Kyuhyun.” Sungmin said, breathing quickly and heavily. 
 
“You thought you wouldn't be able to play at all, Sungmin. And look where we are now. We are about to get signed, Sungmin. You can do anything!” Kyuhyun insisted as he held the other's face. 
 
“H-How will I even get to the piano? I-I don't know where I'm going.” Sungmin asked. 
 
“I'll be right there with you. You don't have to worry about that, Sungmin.” 
 
Sungmin nodded, but clutched at Kyuhyun shirt. 
 
“You can do anything, Sungmin.” Kyuhyun repeated, leaning in and kissing him.
 
Sungmin nodded, again, this time slightly more confident. 
 
It was then, someone called out that Kyuhyun and Sungmin were next. They hadn't even noticed the music from the previous performers had ended. 
 
“You can do anything, Sungmin.” Kyuhyun repeated one final time before he led Sungmin onto the stage, audience cheering in their ears. 
 
Sungmin tensed as he sat down in front of the piano, but relaxed as Kyuhyun's thighs brushed against his own as the other sat down next to him. 
 
The crowd quieted and the pair placed their fingers on the keys. 
 
“You can do anything, Sungmin” Kyuhyun whispered just as Sungmin played the first note. 
 
Three minutes later, the crowd erupted in loud applause. Kyuhyun held Sungmin's hand as he noticed the businessman sitting front row with a large, proud smile on his face. 
 
 
the end.
 
 
a/n I feel like I have a big tendency of ending fic unexpectedly.. I'm sorry if that annoys anyone. 
 
I want to thank everyone who commented and all my silent readers, as well. I truly appreciate all of you. <3
 
Please anticipate more fics to come :D