Bad News

Arranged Marriage

After reading the front paper about him possible upcoming engagement, the only thing she could think of to relieve the pain was drinking heavily. The news article claimed that his parent actually had a marriage contact with one of their close friends.

There is no word about who the girl or her family is, but knowing Jaejoong, he is going to do the honorable thing and marry them. She took another huge gulp of the soju hoping that drowning the sorrow would help her forget. She cryed for what seemed like, a waste of her happy childhood memories.  The doorbell pierces though all her silent tears and rings with a painful echo. She knew who it was by the beating and knocking that followed. Burroney must have seem the news.

"Suyon, open up" More ringing and beating. She gets up for and makes her way to the door tripping slighty over the rug in the hallway. Unlatching the door, turning the knob, opening so she can come in.

"Su, are you okay I just heard the news?"She finally turns around to meet Burro's eyes and letting her drunken state and tears register with her friend.. "SU there are 6 million people in this world, aside from the person who hurt you. There are still others who love you. You can't stay in here crying and drinking because of him. Your brother and his group mates are coming over tomorrow for your monthly get together, if Junsu sees you like this he is going to start asking question. He thinks you are in love with my brother, Yoochun oppa but one look at you and he will know. "

Leave it to my best friend to remind me of my brother always trying his best to get me to see that I was nothing more than little sister to Yoo just like Burro was. Even though he was under the misguided notion that I like Yoochun. There was no way I was going to admit to him who was really in my heart after his near melt down when he thought I like Yoochun oppa .For the past year I'd been having a monthly get together hoping Jaejoong oppa would see a side of me that he liked and hope Junsu wouldn't figure it out.

"Burro I really don't know. I really just feel like crying and flipping stuff. I know I can't do anything about it and I know all I am is just a kid sister that he values, but I can't help but feel sad and hurt by this news. Drinking seems to be the only thing that is keeping me from doing something stupid. Everything I did for me to be close to him. I am not even sure how to go  about changing that or even if I should. All I know is that my heart hurts. All I can do tomorrow is have this get together as usually and try to get though it without anyone knowing."

"SU are sure you don't want to cancel. I can tell them that you are sick and need rest."

Shaking her head" No unnie that will just cause Jae, Jun and Yoo to come over, fuss, and worry. They would do the same thing if you were sick. With any luck since the sandal hit the news, Jae might not even show up."

"Suyon, there is no chance of that happening. Even when they were heavily traveling the world for their world tour they still took the days off to come, heck even when the drama with them and their crazy fans came to light they still came. You have a better chance of hell freezing over  then Jaejoong oppa not coming tomorrow"

Suyon sighing "You're right unnie. I know .I know"

"Okay how about this since we got everything we need for tomorrow why don't we go to the spa tomorrow morning and relax. I'll help you cook whatever you have left before they get here. You know how much I despise cooking, so I know you can't say no."  

"Ok, Burro unnie."

******************************************************

"Jun what am I going to do! It is plaster across the news. It is a wonder they don't have the name yet. Jun we have got to tell Suyon before she finds out from the news that it is her."

"Hyung, I don't see why we have to tell her; she is still too immature to take any of this seriously. I spent the better half of her youth trying to talk her out of doing stupid things to get Yoo’s attention. Are you sure you want to go through with a contract marriage with a person that only has Yoonchun on her mind.”

“Su is still young and her heart can change. She may not love me now but she could come to like me at least. Maybe we should let Yoo know and see how he feels about it.”  Jae walks over to Yoonchun’s room and knocks on it. “Yoon  come out for a second.”

“Sup, hyung.”

Ok so I got to for sure how you feel about the contract marriage to Suyon. I know you know she has be in love with you since she was fifteen but I need to know if there is any chance you see her as more than just a your sister’s friend or kid siste. With the news breaking about my contract marriage to her, even though they don’t know who it is.

“Hyung, I told you guys she is like a kid sister. I never got the vibe from her that she saw me as anything more than another brother. I don’t know where ya’ll get that she like me. I always go the vibe she was in love with you, Jae.”

“Ya’ll keep forgetting that I heard them talking about you. Yoon how they always wanted to be sister and she always paid a little more care to how she looked if she knew ya’ll were coming or or would stay over at your place and chance she got if she knew  you would be there hang with us”

Looking at both Yoon and Jun. “He is right even though I was there I could never get her to meet my eyes, but she always seem to glaze into yours. With both of our parents being dead now, if turns out she is truly unhappy with this arrangement we can break it”

“Jae Hyung lets not worry about my little sister until we tell her. We might as well tell her tomorrow at the get together. Personally I am dying for some of that homemade salsa dip she makes.”

***********************************************

True to her word, Burro came and got me around 7 that morning and we spent the day relaxing at the spa. Su even helped me cook all the things I need for that night.

After cleaning up the kitchen and putting the dishes in the dishwasher, we decide to set down and watch TV until the guys get here. There was a news bulletin about the girl’s family.

“It was leaked to us by a source that says that Kim Jaejoong’s contract fiancé might in fact be one of --“ Suyon clicked the TV off before they could even finish what they were saying.

“Su are you sure you are going to be ok. The guys are going to be over at any minute. “

“I’m fine Burroney. I am just going to get some air on the balcony.”

***************************

Out on the balcony overlooking the view of Seoul, she takes a deep breath.  I can do this, she thinks to herself over and over again. Su takes another big breath before shaking out all the tension. I can act as if it doesn’t bother me. Just hold it in please just hold it in.

The doorbell sounds and Burroney, unnie goes get it. Before Suyon walk back inside with a smile paste on my face take another deep breath thing of happier times.

“Oppas,” She says not as bright as usual, before running to hug and kiss them on the cheek. JYJ was all there and account for even JaeJoong, Trying her hardest not to meet Jae oppa’s eyes.”

“How have you been little sis,” Junsu asks Su with smile and a kiss to the cheek.

“Good oppa . Things are picking up now that design for not only JYP but Shinee as well! SM Entertainment is still trying to get me to sign an exclusive contract with them for their other artist but I turned them down again.”

“Why,”Yoochun oppa asked,”It could be make your dream of being known in Asia more of a reality.

“Oppa I want to be known worldwide for my designs just like you and JYJ are with your music. With SM I feel like I would be more like a novelty item that they can take out, show and manipulate. Plus magazine from all over the world are already featuring my designs, and there was talk that Beyonce may want me to design her new stage outfits for her comeback. If that becomes the case I will be even busier.”

“Su, you didn’t tell me about Beyonce and Shinee. I thought I was you friend.” Looking sad at that prospect of missing a meeting with Shinee.

“Don’t worry I didn’t actually meet with Shinee for their designs, one of their coordi came and gave me there quirks and preferences for cloths, like them wanting either the top or bottom being form fitting and things like that when I meet with them next Tuesday you can come and help me fit them as one of the staff, but no groping.”

“That’s fine Su just getting to meet Onew is enough for me.”Burroney say.

“Oh and reframe from fainting and post anything about their clothes until after they have there comeback next week.”

“Dongsang you are the greatest” Hugging Su very tightlty.

****************************

Everyone moves the food to the front room area to gather and eat.

Junsu and jaejoong oppa look at each other as if not sure how to say whatever it is they are about to.

Junsu starts. “ Suyon I was wondering if you had a chance you check out the paper about Jae couple of days age and his impending engagement” He says as if trying to gage how much I know.

Su trying to be as calm as possible say, “ Just that there is a girl who is rumored to be in arranged marriage  with him. Just before you came It was on the news that said they had narrowed it down to two people, but I clicked the tv off before they said who. Why?

Jaejoong now move closer to Su on the couch and not. “What if I told you the girl in the arranged marriage contact was you? What would you say?”

She sits there stunned for a minute not knowing how to act then busting out laughing. “Jae quit joking with me. You seriously want me to believe that our parent arranged a contract for us to get married. No way.” Laughing so hard now that Suyon was crying. Not knowing if it is from the cruel joke he is trying to play on her or delight if it turns out to be true.

“Jae hyung is serious Suyon. The girl that the news is referring to is you.” Junsu tries to step in and calm the situation down.

Now on the verge of panicking, “Jae oppa you have treated me like a kid sister my entire life.  You never once showed me anymore affection than you would Burroney. Now you want me to believe that you knew how I felt all these years and knew about the arranged marriage. Just keep treating me that way. Wait, are you telling me this because you don’t want to go through with it?”  She gets ups starting to feel dizzy and collapses.