Hoya's Talent

As Rare as a Halley's Comet that Goes Away Just as Fast

Sungjong entered his apartment door with an angry grunt, immediately falling face-down on the couch.  He looked up when he thought he heard multiple voices coming from Myungsoo’s room.  Sungjong’s eyes narrowed as he glared at the closed door.  He had half a mind to go stomping into that room. 

            But he didn’t need to because just as he was thinking it, Myungsoo came out of it, quietly closing the door behind him.  Myungsoo jumped slightly as he saw the death glare that Sungjong was giving him. 

            “Oh you’re back,” Myungsoo said coolly. 

            “You didn’t tell me you had company,” Sungjong eyed the door where he could swear he heard someone moving around. 

            Myungsoo couldn’t help the smirk that came to his face.  He edged towards Sungjong, making the younger back up slightly from the couch and then stand up.  Before Sungjong could get away, Myungsoo grabbed his wrist. 

            “Are you…jealous?”

            “Kim Myungsoo,” Sungjong said through gritted teeth as he glared at his hyung, “Who is in there?” 

            Myungsoo let go of Sungjong and went back to his door, opening it so Sungjong could see inside. 

            Sungjong gasped as he neared the door.  Sunggyu was a sweating mess on Myungsoo’s bed.  He was rolling around uncomfortably on the bed, the bed sheets easily getting entangled with his feet. 

            “He’s drunk.”

            “Those two,” Sungjong smacked his head as he went to the bathroom to get a wet towel. 

           

Sunggyu had basically lived at the bar for the last two days.  He thought that drinking would drown away his miseries.  That’s what people did when their hearts got broken right?  Sunggyu had seen it so many times in movies.  But with every drink that burned down his throat and every shot that made his vision go blurry he could only think about Dongwoo.  About all the pain he'd caused him, about all the lies he’d kept from the person he loved.  And the thing was, Dongwoo didn’t know how much Sunggyu loved him.  He wanted so badly to tell Dongwoo the truth right after it happened, that after all the cheating, he realized that Dongwoo was the one he really cared about.  But by then he was too worried that Dongwoo would leave him.  And he’d been right. 

             “I’m sorry!  I’m sorry for being an idiot!  I never meant to lie.” Sunggyu’s eyes were closed as he said all of this.  Myungsoo tried to shake Sunggyu awake to drink some water but Sunggyu was pushing him away while Sungjong was wiping away at Sunggyu’s sweat.  The two youngest turned to each other.  They just hoped Dongwoo was doing better than Sunggyu was.

 

            “Isn’t this great?” Hoya said as he held out his arms, showing off his surroundings.

            Dongwoo looked around the abandoned building.  The inside of this room was heavily grafittied by pictures.  The walls were decorated by colorful patterns and paintings.  And the floors were artistically colored.  And while the whole building seemed a little too colorful and showed layers and layers of different paintings from different artists, it all came together to form something really beautiful. 

            “It is,” Dongwoo said.  He could see the same happiness on Hoya’s face again.  The same expression he’d had the day of the comet.  Dongwoo could tell Hoya only wanted to share this with someone. 

            “I’m glad you like it,” Hoya said proudly. 

            “Did you do any of this?” Dongwoo asked as he put a hand to the wall where an infinity sign was painted.  

            “It took a while but I’ve been adding over the years,” Hoya said proudly. 

            “You did all of this?” Dongwoo’s mouth dropped open.  He looked around the building and then at Hoya with a new admiration in his eyes. 

            “You’re really talented Hoya!”