Don't Worry Hyung

Cheating Death

“Sungyeol!” Sungjong’s mother cried as she came rushing towards the emergency room, along with his husband and Sungyeol’s own parents, just to find Sungyeol there sitting alone with blood on his shirt making her stop in her tracks. “Oh god, Sungyeol, your shirt… where’s Sungjong?”

Sungyeol couldn’t answer as he looked at them with bloodstained eyes due to crying and then just turned his head towards the emergency room whose light was still red.

"Oh God," Sungjong's mother said as her knees felt weak making her husband hold her for support.

"Sungyeol, dear," Sungyeol's mother said gently as she sat beside her son. "What happened?"

"I... We..." Sungyeol started with a hoarse voice. "We were crossing the street and then... and then the car cam from the corner. Sungjong pushed me out of the way then he... he..."

"Shhh," Sungyeol's mom shushed her son as she hugged him and let his tears flow to her clothes. "It's not yor fault darling, Sungjong's gonna be fine."

"But I... I should be the one in there mom! I should be the one-"

"Lee Sungyeol," Sungjong's mother suddenly said sternly as she stood in front of the crying boy though her eyes also weeped. "Do you think Sungjong would want that? Let alone hear you say it?"

"I... I don't..." Sungyeol couldn't say anything.

"He wouldn't," Sungjong's mom said with a gentle smile the tears stopping for she knows she needs to be strong for his son. "Now stop crying, do you think Jongie will like it if he sees you crying as soon as he gets out of that room?"

"You're right umma," Sungyeol said as he wiped his eyes. "I gotta stop crying, Jongie will hate it."

 

An hour then passed, or maybe it was two, Sungyeol coukdn't really tell all he knows that it was the most longest wait of his life and when the doctor came out with a small smile on his face he felt like he could breathe again.

"Mr. & Mrs. Lee?" the doctor asked and Sungjong's parent's stepped in front of him. "Your son's gonna be fine."

"Thank god," Mrs. Lee said as her knees felt week again but for another reason as she held onto her husband.

"He suffered from a head injury due to the fall and lost a lot of blood but luckily we have a stock of Type A blood here in the hospital," the doctor explained clearly. "He's still not awake but we did further tests so we could safely say that he's brain was not injured, he's just having a concussion, he should wake up by tomorrow if all goes well."

"Thank you so much doctor," Mr. Lee said with a grateful smile as he bowed to the doctor and the latter man did so in return.

"The nurse will lead you to the room we have transferred him to," the doctor said before taking his leave.

They then all proceeded at once towards the room the nurse lead them to. As they stood in front of the door of room 513, Sungjong's mom gently opened the door to see her son peacefully laying asleep on the bed with an IV attached to him.

"It's like nothing happened to him," Mrs. Lee said with a smile and a small sob as she ran her fingers through his son's hair.

"I'm glad," Sungyeol whispered as he squeezed Sungjong's hand to reassure himself.

"Thank god nothing major happened to him," Sungyeol's mom said as she gently squeezed her son's shoulder. "Now can you please get changed Yeollie? Wouldn't want Jongie to see you covered in his blood now."

"I'll be quick," Sungyeol said as he grabbed the change of shirt his mom brought him.

That was actually the second time his mom asked him to change, the first was when they got to the hospital, none of their parents could stand to see Sungyeol's bloody shirt but the teen refused to go until Sungjong comes out of the emergency room.

Knowing that his boyfriend is gonna be fine didn't fully calm his heart though.

 

As soon as Sungyeol got to the bathroom he quickly locked the door not wanting anyone to suddenly come in while he’s changing. He then looked at himself in the mirror studying his eyes that were still a bit red from crying nonstop earlier, his unruly hair from the constant running through it with his hands because of his uneasiness but more importantly his blood stained shirt, Sungjong’s blood to be exact, he hurriedly got his shirt off not wanting to remember what has transpired earlier that night just to see that some blood seeped through his shirt and dried on his chest.

“,” Sungyeol cursed as he soaked his dirty shirt with the tap water to clean his chest before drying it off with tissues. “I feel so useless.”

“You’re gonna be useless if you don’t stop moping around here and go back to Sungjong,” Myungsoo told him firmly though he’s pretty sure he can’t hear him.

To be honest Myungsoo didn’t plan on following Sungyeol, he wanted to stay by Sungjong’s side, besides the kids safe as long as the moon’s up but there was something with the look in Sungyeol’s eyes he’s seen it before on a few of his charges, his suicidal charges.

Sungyeol didn’t give off the same aura his suicidal charges gave off, the aura that has given up on life, but Sungyeol is giving of a very hopeless aura right now and Myungsoo figured that the other’s hopelessness is directed at himself.

“I just made a promise too,” Sungyeol said as he put on his shirt. “It hasn’t even been that long and I already broke it.”

“You didn’t break it you idiot,” Myungsoo cried. “You’re still fulfilling it!”

“Sorry L-ah,” Sungyeol whispered as he gripped the side of the sink while looking at his reflection.

“You don’t have to be sorry if you just get your act together and get back to his side!” Myungsoo cried obviously frustrated the other can’t hear him. “That’s it. I have had enough of your ing moping, I’ll make you go back even if it hurts you.”

Before Sungyeol could let out another heartfelt sigh Myungsoo suddenly opened the faucet shocking the tall teen then splashed some water onto the human’s face making him startled and bewildered making him fall back against the door. Myungsoo then opened the door causing Sungyeol to fall onto the hallway with a thud, as he got up while rubbing his sore back Myungsoo pushed a wheel chair to Sungyeol making the tall boy sit on it as it took him towards Sungjong’s room.

Myungsoo now thanked heaven that Sungyeol can’t hear him or else he’ll get punched for laughing.

When the shinigami came to an abrupt stop in front of Sungjong’s room Sungyeol almost tumbled forward if only he wasn’t holding on the transportations arm rest for dear life.

“What the happened?” Sungyeol said to himself as he looked around him to see who made the wheelchair move. He then got up and inspected the wheelchair to see if it was automatic or not after finding out that it was purely manual he was about to freak out if not for his mother who came bursting outside.

“Sungyeol there you are!” his mother said gleefully but the smile went away from her face when she saw the state his son was in. “What happened to you? Why are you wet?”

“I… the faucet… it came alive and then the door… there was a wheelchair… it was alive mom! It moved… then I-”

“Oh hush child you’re not making any sense,” his mother said. “Listen, Sungjong woke up a few minutes ago-”

“Really?!” Sungyeol said happily and surprised cutting his mom off as he rushed into the room only to find Sungjong in the state he left him with a doctor checking his vitals.

“He seems to be in a lethargic state,” the doctor said. “Meaning he’ll randomly wake up but only for a few minutes or seconds. He just needs a bit more rest and he’ll be back to consciousness soon.”

“Thank you doctor,” Sungjong’s mom said with a bow. “Thank you so much.”

Sungyeol slowly walked toward’s Sungjong’s side then held his hand squeezing it a bit as he felt disappointed he wasn’t here when Sungjong awoke for a bit.

“He looked for you,” Sungyeol suddenly heard making him turn just to see that it was Sungjong’s mom who spoke with a gentle smile.

“What?” Sungyeol asked.

“When he woke up, the first thing he said was ‘Where’s Sungyeol-hyung?’,” his own mom explained. “We told him that you were just changing in the bathroom and he said ‘Ah, I see’ before falling asleep again.”

“Oh,” Sungyeol replied barely audible.

“He had such a happy smile on his face when he heard you’re okay,” Sungjong’s mom said as she stood beside Sungyeol. “I think that’s why he looks more peaceful now than before, cause he’s reassured that you’re okay.”

“That’s so like him,” Sungyeol said with a small laugh. “Worry about yourself first Jongie.”

“Yes, worrying about other’s first is very typical of Sungjong,” Sungjong’s mom agreed. “So don’t make him worry anymore ok Yeollie? Smile for him.”

“Hehe, sorry umma,” Sungyeol said with a genuine smile, feeling quiet stupid that earlier he was thinking how useless he is for Sungjong when he isn’t even trying to be smile for him.

“I can finally be at ease,” Sungyeol’s mom said with a smile. “Me and your father are going home now Yeollieare you coming with us? Though I hardly doubt it.”

“I’m staying here mom,” Sungyeol said with a small smile. “Jongie might get worried again if I’m not here if he wakes.”

“We’ll be back tomorrow morning,” Sungyeol’s mother said as she kissed her son’s forehead gently. “Take care of him and his parent’s Sungyeol, and get some sleep wouldn’t want Sungjong to wake up to your eye bagged face.”

“I will.”

 


 

 

this story is nearing it's closure, in about 2 chapters, I don't have anything to say anymore except that MAN IN LOVE IS JUST PERFECT ;A;

next to Man In Love my next favorite song is Uncomfortable Truth :D and then Beautiful [I SWEAR I AM NOT BEING BIAS but who knew that greasy little could write such a wonderful song makes me love him more]

so yeah ^^ I'm just gonna be up to here :)) I don't want to waste your time on my fangirl feels which I'm sure we've all had ;)

I didn't say this in the previous chapter cause I didn't want to ruin the mood(?) but the beach scene was inspired by Junjou Terrorist (Miyagi and Shinobu's story in Junjou Romantica)