He'll Get In The Way

For All I Couldn’t Do

HYUKJAE POV

I know Sungmin’s intentions were good and he has a perfectly good reason for adopting this kid but I don’t want another brother. I already have the best brother anyone could ask for, Donghae. Donghae is everything that I could ask for in a brother. Usually little brothers are irritating but Donghae and I understand each other despite the fact we are day and night. We’ve been through thick and thin and have both know what it’s like to suffer.

Donghae is the perfect little brother in every way and we understand each other in ways that no one else could ever hope to. Also, Donghae and I don’t need the threat of Kyuhyun finding out about us and what we are doing. We don’t need the added risk to our already dangerous relations.

Even so, here I am, taking Kyuhyun, the boy who my brother just adopted, to his room to get him settled in. Normally Donghae would show anyone staying over to their room but because he is taking care of hyung, I am now the holder of that position. At first I was willing to show Kyuhyun to his room without any protesting but… seeing as how he talked to Sungmin, I now have even more reasons to hate him.

Turning on my heel, I don’t even bother to take the bag that Kyuhyun had dropped by his side. He is going to carry that himself. If I am going to teach him anything during his time here, it is going to be manners.

“Hurry up before you get lost,” I snap at him as he stares in wonder around the family room that we have just walked into. Quickly he closes his mouth that had been hanging open slightly and hurries to catch up to where I am in the kitchen.

I don’t even stop, continuing straight through the kitchen, noticing how he still looks in amazement at everything.

‘Maybe he has ADD,’ I think as Kyuhyun stares at everything shinny in the kitchen.

I laugh silently in my head; the thing that I am going to be looking at in amazement is him trying to cook for himself since we don’t have a cook.

Either way, finally we reach a white wooden door at the other end of the kitchen and I open it. The door leads to a little out cove containing a mirror on the wall directly in front of me and three hooks on the right wall. Turning to my left I open another door and walking through that one, I lead Kyuhyun into his room.

“This is where you’ll stay. You walked through the kitchen, make yourself anything you want whenever, and the bathroom,” I say pointing to a door on the far wall of his room, “is through that door over there.”

“I have my own bathroom in my room?” Kyuhyun asks as he walks out into the middle of his room, dropping his bag and jacket by his side.

“First off, this is Sungmin hyung’s house so it’s Sungmin’s room, not yours and second, every bedroom in the house has its own bathroom. You’re not getting special treatment.” I say turning and leaving Kyuhyun alone.

I have no intention of staying with this guy any more than I have to. Donghae was waiting for me. We had very important business to attend to and I was keeping him. Plus it was time for hyung’s medicine.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Forever*Saranghae*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I know that this chapter is rather short but it was just a quick one that I wrote on the way to the airport.

Although this chapter is the 3rdchapter (I consider the forward/intro as the first chapter) I still consider this part of the intro chapters… let me break it down.

1-4: Intro

5-9: Buildup to the main event

10-12: The main event

13: Conclusion

* Remember that the number of chapters is subject to change but I think that it would be nice to have 13. One to represent each of the 13 members *

Still, I hope you like it.

.:Ji:.