Chapter 2: Meet SHINee

Unpredictable love story with Mr. Sherlock!

 

IU later on lost Jaejoong because he had morning Monday meetings, he gave her her locker number and combination in a piece of paper and she walked around practically the whole campus just to find it. Everywhere IU turned to were all rebellious kids either fighting, vandalizing, putting on tons of make up, pranking, making out, and even smoking around the campus. It was worse than IU thought. Even the building almost looked abandoned.  Cracked walls, missing tile pieces, and revolting restrooms….

 

“Oh my god….. Where the heck is my locker????!!!” IU mumbled and turned everywhere.


“Look what we got here, fresh meat.” A girl came out and walked towards IU,


“Uh…. Prefer the term freshmen….” IU rolled her eyes and tried to walk past her.

 

“Where do you think you’re going fresh meat? We already had a “welcoming” to every freshmen, except you.”

 

“What? I don’t need a welcome, thank you.” IU tried to walk past her, but the girl blocking her.

 

“Yah, give me your shoes.”

 

“Mwoh? My shoes? Why should I!? My dad bought these for me on my first day!”
IU fought back,

 

“Yah! Listen to your seniors!”


“More like senior citizen!”

 

“Yah! WANNA DIE?”
The girl shouted and her friends beginning to corner IU,

 

“HEY! What’s going on over there!?” A voice yelled,
the girls turned around and saw a petite and small girl stand there, but even though she was small and tiny, they seemed to be more intimidated by her.

 

“H-Hyunmik….” One of the girls that were bullying IU stuttered,

 

“What do you think you’re doing to her?”

 

“N-Nothing….” They lowered their heads and looked down,

 

“SCRAM OFF! If I see you picking on the freshmen again, SUSPENSION!”

 

“N-Neh….” They bowed to her and turned to IU, “Bien….”
They quickly ran off.

 

IU adjusted her large specs and dusted off her skirt,

“Phew… Thanks….” IU smiled,

 

“No problem…. You new here?” This Hyunmik girl asked.

 

“Yeah, I guess they call me the new freshmeat. I’m IU.”

 

“Hi IU, I’m Hyunmik, they call every freshmen that, don’t let it get to you.”

 

“You’re right, I would’ve been dead if you hadn’t come and saved the day.”

 

“Don’t mention, are you going to your first period class?”

 

“ Well, I was actually going to find my locker…”
IU smiled as she flipped the note,

 

“Let me see.” The girl looked at the locker number,
“Oh…. You have the underground basement locker.”

 

“B-Basement locker????” IU asked,

 

“Don’t worry, to be honest, you’re considered lucky to have it. It’s the biggest one and the cleanest, the only bad side is it’s downstairs.”


“Oh, but the underground elevator needs a key.” IU spoke.

 

“Here, it’s yours” The girl handed her a key,
IU accepted the key and observed it, seeing there was something engraved onto it.


“Sherlock?” IU said,

 

“Oh, just ignore the written part.”


“Okay then, thanks.” IU smiled and quickly skipped off to the elevator.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

IU entered the elevator and waited for the door to shut,
“Hmmm…. It’s so weird that they have a locker in the basement. Wonder why though… Plus, why is the key imprinted Sherlock…. This is so weird.” She mumbled and felt the elevator shake once it reached the basement.

 

The elevator opened quickly and IU saw a large locker with a door next to it.
IU walked over to the locker and quickly put her combination; it was a little dark in there, considering there was a dim light that lit the room.
Her locker opened and IU quickly put some of her stuff she didn’t need in there.
IU’s eyes turned to the door that was just there.

 

The door was written Underground SHINee on it, underneath it was the name, SHERLOCK. IU tilted her head and found it tempting, something urged her to, and she had to see what the other side of the door was. She tip toed to the door and saw the door was already left a little open.

 

IU stuck her head into the room and immediately heard a beautiful noise just blast into the room.

 

“ I’m so curious yeah~~~ behind the picture~”
A group of voices sung out of nowhere. IU saw four boys inside the room, just hanging in there,


“Ugh… We sang a little too flat…”

One boy was observing a book. His eye was glued onto it as if he was in a trance.
The boy was very tall and very handsome, he was obviously Korean, but it looked like he was mixed. Probably her imagination, he was just very good looking.

 

IU’s eyes turned to the boy who was typing on is laptop, he had a perm cut, his hair was a little wavy, but he pulled it off. He was eating some chicken strangely, which kind of killed his “cool” image. However, he was cute and seemed like a gentleman.

 

Another kid… Well seemed like a kid from the distance, was holding a violin and playing on the couch. He had wavy hair and wore really cool shoes. She couldn’t tell if he was adorable or handsome… There was a dog next to him and it was just sitting there.

 

Suddenly, IU realized there were stairs inside the basement, once a boy walked down the stairs. He had a weird sense of fashion, blonde hair with a pair of specs, smaller than hers of course. But she kind of thought he was attractive.

 

“Hey Jonghyun.” The tall boy spoke,

 

“What?”
IU looked and saw there yet another boy who was sitting far from them,
She saw him from  a distance, she could barely see him, yet her heart was pounding hard.

 

His eyes were different, they looked like puppy eyes, but he had a serious and intimidating image. His muscle showed the depth of his jaw line and his skin was literally glowing in the sunlight. His haircut perfectly fit his head shape, and even though he wasn’t the tallest. IU was attracted to him the most.

 

“Yah Jonghyun, stop playing darts, we need to get finished with the article project for English.” The tall boy spoke.

 

This Jonghyun guy looked up and sighed,
“Ugh… Do we have to? “

 

“Yeah, we procrastinated enough on it. Hurry up and look for quotes in the book.”

All of a sudden, Jonghyun’s eyes quickly looked at the door, which captured IU’s eyes. IU felt her heart stop and froze at the moment,

 

“There’s someone in here.”Jonghyun said and stood up from his chair.
IU panicked and quickly ran to the elevator door. She dug through her pockets and searched for the key that HyunMik gave her. Hearing the footsteps approach louder and louder, she finally managed to insert the key, then hearing the elevator coming down.

“OH MY GOD! HURRY UP-----“

 

A hand suddenly slammed onto the elevator door and blocked IU from moving any further. IU turned around and saw the Jonghyun boy block her away from the elevator.

 

“You…. How did you get in here!?”

 

IU stuttered, then the elevator door opened behind her and she fell backwards.
Jonghyun avoided from falling and took a step back, IU took this chance to close the elevator door and press on level one.

 

“YAH! YOU---“

 

The elevator door then closed on Jonghyun before he could speak any further.
IU pressed her hand on her chest, her heart beated harder and harder with every breath she took. But why did her heart feel so nervous?

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Hyung! What happened!?” Taemin ran up to Jonghyun and patted his shoulder, with his dog following on the other side. Jonghyun turned around,
“Damnit, lost her….”

 

“Lost who? Who is her?” Taemin asked,

 

“There was a girl here, how did she get in?” Jonghyun said and ruffled his hair;
Jonghyun looked down and saw a nametag on the floor. He tilted his head in curiosity and spoke the name that was imprinted.

 

“Lee Ji Eun….” He spoke and picked up the nametag.