Chapter 37: New Job

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

Date: November 2011

 
 
Lian’s P.O.V.
 

Almost two months had passed since I arrived here in Korea. I’m getting homesick every now and then but I tried my best to get over it. The classes just started but it’s already giving me a headache and to make matters worse, I’m in great need of money right now. I’m living in a very posh dormitory near school and by posh I also mean expensive. And the extra things I need to buy for class helps in diminishing my money. 
 
 
“As I was saying, you need to pay your monthly rent or you’re out.” The ahjumma who owns the place told me one night. I can understand Korean but I’m not great in it. 
 
“Neh, ahjumma.” I told her and bowed.
 
 
See what I’m talking about? I really need a job right now. Adding to my list of problems is where will I find one?
 
 
I thought of wandering outside to look for some job vacancy. I went from coffee shops, bakery, book shops, clothes shop, any kinds of shop out there but I haven’t found any. I’m starting to get tired, sleepy and irritated. I didn’t know looking for a job could be this hard!
 
 
“Excuse me,” I heard a voice behind me and I quietly moved so she can pass.
 
“Uhmm, excuse me.” She said once again. What’s her problem?? I already moved right?? I turned to look at her and was shock to see someone I know.
 
“Chie Jie??” I asked and I saw her brighten.
 
“You remembered me! What are you doing here Lian?” she asked. 
 
 
Of course I remember her. How can I forget? She’s the one who triggered my mindset into giving my best in loving HIM. Not that I’m blaming her or anything…. (Refer to chapter 19)
 
 
“I’m an exchange student here. How about you?” I asked her.
 
She looked around and smiled at me. “I don’t think this is a good place to talk. Let’s sat for some coffee there.” She said and pointed at the coffee shop I just went to ask for a job.
 
“But…” I hesitated because I don’t have enough money with me.
 
“don’t worry. My treat.” She beamed.
 
 
I heaved a sigh of relief and let myself be dragged. Talking with Chie Jie was really fun. She told me that after she got home after her fight with her ex-husband, she got a job as a stylist. Luck really came pouring down on her because her Korean boss referred her to one of her friends here in Korea. That friend of hers offered her a job and now, after one year, she’s still working as a stylist.
 
 
“Where are you working, jie?” I asked her.
 
“In S.M. Entertainment.” She answered.
 
“Is that a parlor?” I asked and she bursts out laughing.
 
 
I don’t get it. What’s so funny? After a minute or two, she finally calmed down.
 
 
“Seriously? You don’t know S.M. Entertainment?” She asked.
 
I shook my head. “Am I supposed to know that?” 
 
She looked at me like I’m weird. “Hey, do you not know any idols?” 
 
Her tone of voice makes me feel offended with no reason at all. “I know TVXQ!” I defended.
 
“Do you know what company they’re in?” She asked and I stopped for a moment.
 
“Uhmm… I don’t know… I never thought it’s important..” I said sheepishly and she shook her head.
 
“What about Suju? SNSD? SHINee? F(x)?” She asked.
 
“I’ve heard of them…”
 
“Seriously girl, you’re deprived of K-POP!”
 
“It’s because I’m loyal to TVXQ. My ears and eyes are just for them!” I defended lamely.
 
“Girl, those groups belongs to the top pyramid of KPOP kingdom. They’re also labelmates of TVXQ. They belong in the same company
which is SM Entertainment, one of the big three company here.” She explained. And I sat there digesting the newly found information.
 
“And that’s where I work. I style the artists there.” She told me and I nodded.
 
“Enough of me and my story, I want to know why you’re sadly looking at the ground earlier?” She asked and I sighed.
 
“I need a job, jie jie.” I told her.
 
“The allowance the school and my dad gave me is not enough to pay for my rent and things for school. It’s not even enough to buy me good food.” I said remembering how I ate Ramen everyday one week after I got here.
 
“You poor thing, you should’ve told me! I should’ve brought you in a restaurant with good food then here in a coffee shop!” She said.
 
“It’s okay. I’m thankful enough you treated me.” I smiled.
 
 
The two of us continued to eat in silence. I can tell Jie jie is thinking about something. After a while, we finished our food and went out. She looked at me from head to toe like she’s examining me.
 
 
 
“I can tell you have a good fashion sense.” She suddenly said.
 
“Wha-“
 
“Can you follow orders well?” She asked. I don’t know what she’s up to but I nodded anyways.
 
“I can be a sometimes, can you handle that?” She asked once again.
 
“I don’t get you-“
 
“You’re going to be busy. Rushing here and there, carrying light to heavy things and quickly arranging things. Can you do it?” She
asked.
 
“I… I do.” I said hesitantly wondering what she’s talking about.
 
“Then you’re hired.” She said simply.
 
“What?”
 
“You need a job and I’m coincidentally in need for an assistant. You said yes to my questions and I think you’re fit to the job.” She said and I stared at her with wide eyes. Then I suddenly broke into a grin. 
 
“You’re giving me a job??” I asked her excitedly and she nodded while smiling.
 
“I am. Give me your number.” She said and I gave it to her.
 
My phone rang. “That’s my number. Let’s meet tomorrow at the company building. It’s Sunday but we’re going to be busy. That’s also the down part of your job. You won’t get much day-off. Is that okay?” She asked and I eagerly nodded. Anything for me to have a job.
 
She chuckled. “Alright, 10am sharp. Look for me at the counter, they’ll tell you where I am.” She said and I can’t help but hug her.
 
“Thank you, jie jie!” I said ang she chuckled.
 
“You’re welcome. Don’t be late okay?” She said and I nodded. 
 
“Goodbye~” She waved while walking away.
 
“Gooodbye!!!” I waved back and happily made my way home.
 
 
 
 
I finally have a job!
 
 
 
I cheered inside my head and skipped from one foot to another. Then I remembered something very important and grinned more.
 
 
 
 
And I have a chance to meet TVXQ!!!!!!
 
 
 
 
I'm such a lucky fangirl!!
 
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
A/N: Yes, you are, you lucky girl. 
 
Double update for EirenneMsAthena1992, AphoticAngelmiyako1747, catycute10, JinChannie and MrsParkChanyeol
 
And of course to my new subscribers! I sarang you guys~ :D
 
I'll reply to your comments as soon as possible and when I said as soon as possible I meant now.
 
XD
 
I'm just wondering, do you guys want a love triangle or a love square?
 
And if so, who do you want to be involve in those shapes? haha