Chapter 2

In This Parallel Universe

 

"Ms Lee? Ms Lee, wake up! Wake up, Ms Lee,"

"Stop disturbing her! We don't want our lesson to start yet!"

 

 

"Jung! How can you say such things?"

"What?! You're the one who wanted this person over here to follow us to school! Wouldn't things be simpler if you had just left her alone at home?"

"Well, I- I.. I didn't think of that, okay!" Tiffany flushed at the thought of her stupidity. Why didn't she think of that? If she had left Jessi alone at home, none of this would have happened, and she wouldn't have been in a state of desperately trying to find ways and means to bring this news across.

"Well then, congratulations for putting the three of us in this mess,"

"It-it isn't just my fault! If -If you knew that earlier, then why didn't you suggest it?" She was now in a state of desperately pushing the blame onto someone else.

Jessica raised her eyebrows at the flushing brunette.

"Are you, by any chance, blaming me for this?"

There. The trademark question before The Jessica Jung explodes.

It wasn't like Tiffany didn't stutter throughout the entire conversation, but the question unnerved her, and she began to perspire. She brought her hands up to her head and wiped off the cold sweat before giving a sheepish smile.

"N-n-n-o?" She gulped.

Jessica narrowed her eyes at her one last time.

"You better not be," The final warning. Tiffany nodded several times at the statement before heaving a sigh of relief. It wasn't exactly a pleasant experience the last time she pissed Jessica Jung off badly. The blonde did have quite a fair bit of tolerance, Tiffany admits. But as humans, certain things did tick her off. One of which was holding her responsible for things that she didn't do.

 

"Ms Lee, wake up!"

The small confrontation had made Tiffany a little unsettled the entire time in the sick bay. It didn't help much when Jessi's high pitched voice kept insisting for the poor old woman to wake up.  To be honest, the voice was really a little annoying, especially so when it was loud. Tiffany tried her very best to not scold the concerned clone as she put her words nicely.

"Jessi, why don't you let Ms Lee take a bit of a rest first? She was probably traumatised by the entire ordeal,"

"But Tiff- SHE IS AWAKE! SHE IS A AWAKE!"

Ms Lee stirred on the bed and she instantly snapped her eyes open when she heard the familiar voices. Instantly, she saw Jessica hovering over her with a big smile plastered on her face. Then she tilted her head slightly and saw Tiffany slowly making her way towards the water dispenser. And finally, she turned her head towards the side with her right ear touching the mattress and noticed that there was another Jessica sitting on the other bed. She watched Jessica pick a hang nail disinterestedly before realising something.

 No, she wasn't dreaming. This whole absurd situation was true.

"MS LEE, ARE YOU OKAY NOW? ARE YOU FEELING MUCH BETTER? DO YOU WANT SOMETHING TO EAT?"

The old teacher twisted her head back and watched Jessica's clone furrow her eyebrow in concern and worry. Before she could even scream her head out at this ridiculous situation, she fell back unconscious. Again.

-

"I told her she would scare the hell out of Ms Lee,"

"Jung! Don't be mean!"

"All I was trying to do is just help her.."

Tiffany couldn't help but to feel sorry for Jessi. She did mean well, but it seemed like Ms Lee didn't take it well.  She patted the pouting girl, trying hard to comfort her.

"It's okay, it's okay, at least you care,"

 

"HEY IS THAT AN INSULT?!"

"YES THAT IS. WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT IT?"

Jung breathed hard through her nose and clenched her fist again.

"I see where this is going,"

She glared once more at Jessi before walking away coolly. The clone was kind of used to Jung's outburst but this time, it didn't seem to be somewhat joking. As much as the brunette tried hiding her emotions, the smile was a front. The kind that the Tiffany in her world had on her face all the time : the kind that were forced out of politeness.

Jessi looked at Tiffany once before looking back at the stalking figure. It wasn't long before Tiffany called her back to her senses.

"Come on, let's go,"

"What about her?"

"Forget about her. If she wants to leave, let her go. Everyone's happier that way isn't it?"

Jessi swore she could hear the soreness in her tone.

-

Everyone was blatantly staring at Jessi, and of course, Jung : comparisons were needed to be made. It didn't quite affect the heartless blonde, but as many have already known, Jessi was quite the opposite. The friendly clone had actually freaked out a little when someone touched her earlier and murmured ," You're real.." in disbelief. 

Now Tiffany really regretted bringing Jessi to school. Why was she so impulsive? Why was she so rash? Why was she so dum-

 

 

"Tiffany?"

 The said girl snapped her head up at the sudden call of her name.

"Tiffany, can I see you after class for a while?"

She glanced at Jessi who gave a curious look, then at Jung (the one who blankly stared at her) and back at the teacher before giving a hesitant answer. Needless to say, it was obvious what the teacher wanted to talk to her about.

"Y-yes, Ms Lee,"

-

"I honestly don't know how to describe this.. this.. thing,"

"Ms Lee, I'm sorry for everything: for bringing Jessi to school and making you faint an-"

"It's okay Tiffany, I fainted because I couldn't believe that it is happening in front of me,"

"..."

"Okay, I shall be honest here. I've read about this before, but I didn't think that it was actually true. I mean, it's normal right? No one actually believes in this kind of things, not until you experience it firsthand of course.."

"Yeah, I guess it's...normal.."

Ms Lee simply ignored her unconvinced statement and continued with whatever she had to say.

"So what are you planning to do about this?"

Tiffany gave her a questioning look and the older woman pinched her nose bridge as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Jessi. Are you planning to send her back? Or maybe research more about this and see how this can be solved?" Ms Lee tried to be a little more specific.

Research. Why didn't she think of it? Okay, Tiffany probably haven't thought much about stuff lately but still..

"I'll.. I'll research on this.."

"Okay," Tiffany was about to leave when she noticed that the older woman had turned around to take out something from her purse.

"Here,"

Tiffany took the crumpled piece of paper. She straightened it out and read what was on it.

[email protected]

 

"Kim Taeyeon?"

"She is the person who had the exact same experience as what you had this morning,"

Tiffany glanced at the email address and then back at the teacher.

"Don't say I didn't help you. I managed to get this address from a friend of mine who happened to know her. You could try contacting her,"

"Thanks," The brunette gave a bright smile.

-

"Oh my goodness Tiffany! I saw my friends!"

"YOUR FRIENDS?!" The brunette panicked. Were more of "these" people here in this planet now?

"Yes! They look exactly the same, except that they are completely opposites! Sooyoung  scared me! I have never in my entire saw her decently finish a bowl of rice but this time, SHE ACTUALLY ORDERED TWO PORTIONS! AND Yoona! SHE IS SO LOUD AND BOY-ISH! An-and Yuri, the laziest girl on I've ever met, was wearing her sportswear. SHE WAS JOGGING TIFFANY! SHE WAS JOGGING!"

"You do realise that that is the exact same thing that is happening between you and Jung now right?" Tiffany lowered her eyelids as she looked at the excited blonde in disbelief. How could she have forgotten that she wasn't in her universe anymore?

"Ohh right, I guess I was too excited to remember that I don't belong here,"

"It's okay. By the way, where is Jung?"

"She went home,"

"ALREADY? But we always have lunch togeth- Right, she is angry at me,"

There came an awkward silence as Jessi silently look over to watch a frown form on Tiffany's face. She had never liked sad faces. So she grabbed Tiffany's hand and started dragging her away.

"Jessi, wh-where are we going?"

"Home. Settle this and we're go out to eat. The three of us,"

Tiffany tried resisting the moment she heard the word settle. How was she to settle this now? She wasn't even prepared to apologise to Jessica just yet.

"Wait, wait. I'm not ready to face her!" Tiffany tried retracting her hand and shifted her body weight backwards so Jessi wouldn't be able to drag her forward. But no matter how opposite they are, Tiffany was sure that Jessi had inherited as much muscles from her parents as Jessica did.No matter how much she resisted, Jessi was still able to pull her forward.

"No excuses! You get this done right now!"

Tiffany didn't give up. She tried to protest one more time.

"Bu-"

"No buts, get into the taxi right now,"

-

Instead of cursing Jessi for putting her in such a horrible situation, she decided that making use of the time right now to think of an appropriate apology for Jessica was probably a better idea.

"Hey Jessica, how are you? No, that is seriously too awkward. Hey Jessica, have you eaten lunch? Well, she is just going to ignore me. Hey Jessic- OUCH WHY DID YOU HIT ME FOR?" Tiffany glared at Jessi hard.

"Just say, "Jessica, I'm sorry,". HOW HARD IS THAT?"

"Why don't you try it? It's so awkward!"

"Well, it's probably better than the ones you just said. Are you trying to apologise or start a conversation with a stranger? Hello? "

"Fine," Tiffany huffed as she turned to face the window, pouting as she watched the trees pass by her.

"Tiffany. Tiffany.." Jessi leaned to the side and tugged on Tiffany's sleeves. Tiffany jerked her body away from Jessi's touch, but it didn't stop the clone from moving closer towards her.

"Come on Tiffany, you wouldn't want to start a quarrel with me too right?"

Tiffany did not change her stance, but Jessi knew that she was listening.

"I just feel that it'll be better if you go straight to the point,"

 

"WE'RE HERE,"

Jessi looked outside and realise that they were already outside their house. Tiffany immediately reached into her bag to retrieve her wallet, only to find out that she did not bring enough cash.

"SH!T,"

Jessi curiously looked back at her before widening her eyes in fear when Tiffany made eye contact with her.

You didn't bring enough money?

How now?

Tiffany watched the pupil of Jessi's eye move to the left to signal something before moving back into place, keeping constant eye contact with Tiffany. The younger girl knew what that meant.

Call Jessica.

But Tiffany widened her eyes and furrowed her eyebrows.

What if she isn't at home?

Jessi in turn shot her a fierce look.

JUST TRY. OR DO YOU RATHER STAY HER-

Jessi's face was pushed away by Tiffany's hands as she hear Tiffany struggle with her bag to find her phone. She glanced up at the mirror and saw the ahjussi's face of disapproval before grinning sheepishly.

"Jessica, Jessica, PICK IT UP!"

Tiffany's heart began to beat faster and faster as the phone continued to ring in her ears.

"Come on!!!" She was getting impatient.

"Hello?" A groggy answer.

 

 

"OMG JESSICA, I LOVE YOU!"

"WHAT?!"

 

 

A/N: https://twitter.com/#!/mok_ing you guys can follow me on twitter and chat with me ): I'M FEELING SO BORED NOW!!!