Spring

4 Season

 

It's been months since that incident between me and the two man who used to be part of my life. Yes, I'm using past tense; I couldn't even imagine myself being one of them to be with. Both of them tricked me, I don't see myself forgiving them, not now. What am I supposed to do? Forgive them that easily? Act like it never happened? It involves my heart, my emotion, my Life. I can't forget it, how he pretends and learned the truth about him.

Thankfully, I persuade him, I left the place, we went back to my hometown, where my family will support me and take good care of me. I ran far away from them, I don't want to see them or I'll have another break down. I told my parents and my siblings that if ever someone is looking for me through our telephone, they should answer that I am not here, I change my phone line also so they can't contact me nor trace me. I'm running away from it, I don't want face it, for now.

Spring is just around the corner, happy that I went back home. Spending spring in a country side is sure to be peaceful. Seeing the colorful flowers and green fields makes me calm and forgets all the events that happened to me last season. I look outside through my window, sure that the fields from the park just across the street are inviting. I go down stair, I saw my mom preparing our dinner, "Oh, hey there dear, want something?' She said with a sweet smile, I shook my head "None, I'll be just across the street" I said "Sure, be back before 6, okay?" she continue preparing dinner. I know that Mom is happy because for the first time, since I arrived months ago, I never let myself to go outside.

Walking alone in the field, not minding the people who are here to feel the spring breeze, to play around, to relax like what I am going to do. Hearing the children playing and laughing, hearing teens chatting with their friends and seeing couples having a good time to each other. It's like a stab, when I see those couples enjoying each other's company, I sure envy them. "This will never happen if they didn't trick me" I sigh. I lay back and watch the sky, the blue sky that's fading, good thing I have my iPod, I plug my ear buds on my ears and listen to the songs while watching the sky. This is what I really want, a peaceful day, I should have done this before, but the thing is, it was still winter when I went back here.

I slowly open my eyes as I heard someone is waking me up "Miss?" I look at the owner if the voices with a displeasing look "Miss? Are you okay?" I fell asleep and it's almost dark when I look around "it's almost dark, you should go home" he said, he offered his hand to help me, I didn't accept it. "Eonnie!" then I heard my sister's voice calling for me "Eonnie, dinner is ready!" She shouted, I hissed I forgot that I should be back before 6, but I fell asleep, the wind was too inviting. "Oh, Oppa, why are you here? You’re already friends with my eonnie?" My sister asks, I look at her "You know him?" "Then I thought you don't speak" he chuckles, I raised my eyebrow and ignore him still waiting for my sister's answer "Oh, Eonnie, he is my dance instructor, Dong Hae oppa. Oppa this is my Eonnie, Dara." I looked at him and back to Doorami "I'm going home" I coldly told her. I heard her hissed "mianhe oppa" "It's okay, no worries" he said "So see you tomorrow?" He asks "Ne! Annyeong."

"I never knew that Doorami is being enrolled in a dance class?" I said while eating with them for the first time, they always leaves the food in front of my room, "Because you're always on your room, eonnie" she pouts "She wants to enroll because she wanted to enhance her dancing skill" my mom said. I put down my chopstick "thanks for the food, I'm done" I stand up "Dear, you barely eat half of your food" my noticed "I'm full, Mom" I look at her.

The morning comes; surprisingly I woke up early and prepare myself for our breakfast. I close my door when Doorami goes out to her room "Oh, this is the first, Good morning Eonnie" she greeted me and hurriedly goes to the dining area to have her breakfast. Mom noticed me and gave me a smile, "No fruits?" I asked "we run out of it, what you want?' She asks "Banana, but I can go to the store" I said.

"Banana, Orange, Apple, Lemon, Grapes" I checked all the items in my basket, "Oh yogurt!" I said "Wow, what an energy you have there" a familiar voice coming from my back, I turn around and I saw Dong Hae, smiling at me "Well, good morning, Dara-ssi" he said to me, I smirk and turn around. I can still feel his presence while I am looking for the yogurt; "If you're looking for the yogurt, you already passed through it" I look at him, pointing something. He gets one of the container walk closely to me and put the yogurt on my basket "Thank You" he
smile and left me.

Going back home is sure tiring; I am in the middle of the road walking back home with a heavy bag on my shoulder. The heaviness of the bag doesn't matter, as the winds blows passed through me and the sun and the clouds would collide every minute, it must be a good day for me. Not minding the car that is following me "Dara-ssi" I heaved a sigh when I heard and recognized the voice, I continue walking "Hey, wait up" he said. After a 5 minutes of "chasing" I stopped walking and sigh so deep, frustrated, I turn around "what do yo-" I was being cut off when he grabbed the bag and goes to his car "get in" he said, I obliged him still stunned.

Inside the car, I never dare to say a word to him, I came back to my senses when I he started to drive, after a long drive, "Thank You" he said, I grabbed my grocery bag goes out, I leaned down "Fond of saying Thank You, aren't we?" I smirk and he gave me a smile "Thank You" I said and I shut the door and walk back home when Doorami goes out "oh, you're back eon-- Oppa?" Confusingly said "Come on, I was just block away so I decided to get you so you won't be late" he shouted "ah, okay, bye eonnie"

I ignore all acts that he's been showing to me, I really don't care about it, I don't even want to entertain anyone right now. I put down the bag to the counter and fix the fruits, "You bought a lot there, how did you manage to bring that home?" Looking to all the fruits, "I-ah" thinking what alibi should I use "I-ah, carry it, I uhmm atleast took time to rest" I said "That fast? Hmmmm" she didn't buy it. I just let it slide since I'm not good at it, I grab one banana and goes back to my room.

In my veranda, I sit and watch the sky, feel the winds blows through me, then I remember how he told me about my heart disease, but I still, I persuade him to let me go home. The environment itself makes me sick and like I said, I don't want to see them. 

 


 


I don't care about my disease, you don't understand anything at all!" I shouted at him, "for heaven's sake Dara! Your health is more important!" He shouted back at me, I let a little laugh "now now, aren't we concern here, ha Seunghyun?" I smirked "isn't it obvious?' he said, turning away from "if that's what you want then do what do you want, just don't forget to take your medicines especially when you feel that your chest is hurting" he said, the door shuts, tears falling.

I smirk as I remember it that was the last time I saw him. I was happy that he let me go home here. Thankfully the symptoms of my illness stops, so I don't mind not taking the medicines that he gave to me. I heard a knock from my door "Dara, lunch is ready" I stand up, when my chest started to hurt "ugh, no, why no--" I slowly walk, not minding how painful the feeling "Dara!"

 



After months, Dara's illness started to attack her again, her mom immediately open her door when she heard a loud thud coming from inside Dara's room "Dara!!" She yelled, she carry her and lay her to her bed. Dara open her eyes "You're not drinking your medicines?" She shook her head slowly and she dozes off.
 



"Thank you for coming here despite that you are busy" she said to the doctor "I'm sorry for calling you" she continue "It's not a problem Mrs. Park, it's my duty to help when someone needs me" he said "I know she doesn't want to go back in Seoul, we will monitor her heart" he said "I brought the machine and I'll provide her a personal nurse" he continue "You don't have to do that--" "no, ma'am, let me do this. Just don't tell her everything, just tell her that you decided to have a personal nurse for her" he cuts her off "I'm going now ma'am the personal nurse will do the rest now" he bows down, he look at Dara, "thank you Doctor Seunghyun" Mrs. Park bows down and thank him.


I ignore all acts that he's been showing to me, I really don't care about it, I don't even want to entertain anyone right now. I put down the bag to the counter and fix the fruits, "You bought a lot there, how did you manage to bring that home?" Looking to all the fruits, "I-ah" thinking what alibi should I use "I-ah, carry it, I uhmm at least took time to rest" I said "That fast? Hmmmm" she didn't buy it. I just let it slide since I'm not good at it, I grab one banana and goes back to my room.

In my veranda, I sit and watch the sky, feel the winds blows through me, then I remember how he told me about my heart disease, but I still, I persuade him to let me go home. The environment itself makes me sick and like I said, I don't want to see them.

I don't care about my disease; you don't understand anything at all!" I shouted at him, "for heaven's sake Dara! your health is more important!" He shouted back at me, I let a little laugh "now now, aren't we concern here, ha Seunghyun?" I smirked "isn't it obvious?' he said, turning away from "if that's what you want then do what do you want, just don't forget to take your medicines especially when you feel that your chest is hurting" he said, the door shuts, tears falling.


I smirk as I remember it, which was the last time I saw him. I was happy that he let me go home here. Thankfully the symptoms of my illness stops, so I don't mind not taking the medicines that he gave to me. I heard a knock from my door "Dara, lunch is ready" I stand up, when my chest started to hurt "ugh, no, why no--" I slowly walk, not minding how painful the feeling "Dara!"


After months, Dara's illness started to attack her again, her mom immediately open her door when she heard a loud thud coming from inside Dara's room "Dara!!" She yelled, she carries her and lays her to her bed. Dara open her eyes "You're not drinking your medicines?" She shook her head slowly and she dozes off.


"Thank you for coming here despite that you are busy" she said to the doctor "I'm sorry for calling you" she continue "It's not a problem Mrs. Park, it's my duty to help when someone needs me" he said "I know she doesn't want to go back in Seoul, we will monitor her heart" he said "I brought the machine and I'll provide her a personal nurse" he continue "You don't have to do that--" "no, ma'am, let me do this. Just don't tell her everything, just tell her that you decided to have a personal nurse for her" he cuts her off "I'm going now ma'am the personal nurse will do the rest now" he bows down, he look at Dara, "thank you Doctor Seunghyun" Mrs. Park bows down and thank him.


I slowly opened my eyes, I looked around, I heaved a sigh knowing that I am still at my room. I still feel weak; I look around again "what?" I said, "What’s this?" I ask myself, my eyes creased, "Mom!" I shout but then a nurse comes in with a tray on her hand "good morning, Dara-ssi, it's good that you're finally awake" she said "what do you mean?" She looks at her watch "you've been sleeping for already 30 hours Dara-ssi" she said, I'm a bit surprised, "what? What happened to me?" I really don't remember anything, the last thing I know that mom is knocking at my door and my chest started to hurt.

 

"Oh, thank goodness, you're already awake" my mom said as she enters my room "what's the meaning of this?" Pointing on the machine beside my bed and to the nurse, she sigh "I'm worried about your condition now, Dara, I decided to have you monitored here and have a personal nurse" she said " what?!" I yelled "whether you like it or not, Dara, you'll be monitored" she sighs.


It's been a week since I have to oblige every decision that my mom will decide starting this, to have a personal nurse and to be monitored. This monitoring of my heart is not even helping, I’m bored and I want to go out and smell the fresh air. I sigh, my mom then  walks in “Hey Dara” she said to me, I look at her, still worried about me “Do you need anything?” she asks me, I look at her intently “Yes, I need something” I said, I look at outside then back to her “I want to go outside “Dara—“ “No mom don’t make me hate you, I really want to go out and I want to feel the spring breeze, I’ve been confined in our house for how many weeks already, I didn’t had the chance to welcome the spring season” I sigh, I know that she won’t allow me, it really makes me sad and angry about it “Okay, okay, I’ll ask a doctor” she said “Doctor?” my eyes furrowed “Of course, honey, I need to because of your condition” she said and left me.


Thank goodness that the doctor allowed me to go out of the house even though, I am allowed to go out for only 1 week.

I was in the park, feeling the spring breeze, how long am I gone, I mean I was really locked at the house people won’t even allow me to feel the breeze, I can still feel the coldness but the I can feel the summer already, the sun shines. Anyway, I can’t enjoy this also because I still have my nurse following me.

We sit on the nearby bench, “Dara-ssi” she calls me “yes?” I look at her, she’s giving me a snack “Mrs. Park made this, your snack” she said as I accept the snack from her. I happily eat the snack that my mom made for me when I heard a voice “Wow, that looks yum, can I have some?” a familiar voice, I look where the person is, not to my surprise “It’s been awhile Dara” are we that close? Why is he calling me in my first name? “I heard you’re sick” he said, I watch him as he ask the nurse if he can sit beside me “Dara-ssi, I’ll my leave first, I’ll be back soon” she bows and left me with this guy “Obviously I am and you let my nurse to go” as I took a bite on my sandwich.

I felt that he’s watching me eating my sandwich, I look at him and he chuckles “excuse me?” I said to him “Is the any problem?” I continue “A-ani, I feel like I was watching a commercial of a sandwich, you look like—“he stops and thinks, then he look at me “a goddess” he said and smile at me. “Well, what brings you here, Dara? I thought you are confine at your house, your sister said” he asks “Well, I was bored inside the house and I need some fresh air, I ask my mom to let me go out and the doctor said I’m allowed to go out for only 1 week” I answer him “Well not bad, I really don’t have any class from now on, I can accompany you” he said casually “accompany me? Pardon?” a little shock, what is he playing? “Well yeah, don’t worry, I’ll just tell your mom, it’ll be great” he winks at me, he stood up “com’on, let’s take a walk” he offers his hand.