Winter

4 Season

a/n: This is the edited version. I also added some scenes at the end. :)

Comments are appreciated. ;)

Happy Reading!


 

Today the snow falls from the sky, it was unexpected, am walking down street to buy for some food for tonight. It's freezing; I put my hands in my pocket as I continue of walking. I stopped again, look at the sky “why it has to be today?” I wonder, a memory of my past is coming back to me, I shook my head to prevent it, but I failed, it surprised me, I never thought of meeting him here. It was all unexpected. I scoff pretending that I didn't know him, I walk passed. As I walk passed, he grabbed my hand and say my name “Dara” I froze, his voice is more gentle than I remember, “let me go” I said to him, but he didn't.

It was like this for a minute, “Please let me go” my voice trailed off for the first time, I don't want him to see or hear me crying. I don't want him to know that I am still hurt, I don't want him to know that I am weak, I don't want that. The snow is making me feel sick, making want to break down, making him to see that I am sick.

When he realize it he let go of me, I am controlling my tears, I heaved a sigh “just to remind you, you the one who call it off, and the one who said that let's be stranger” I said it with pain, it was a stabbed to me, I am killing myself.

I continue on walking and buying foods as the snow still falling, I felt nothing but pain. “I am killing myself” I mumbled. I walk and walk not minding the people around me, I stopped, I looked again the sky, then finally, I couldn't control my tears already, I feel that I was already falling.


 

I slowly opened my eyes, I looked around but no one is around “where am I?” I ask myself, and then I saw dextrose, medicines in the table with glass of water. Then a man opened the door, “oh you're awake, thank goodness” he said, “why am I here?” Yes, I am in the hospital, I never thought someone would bring me here in the hospital. “Actually, no one is helping, 'till I found you lying at the ground, I picked you up and I immediately bring you here in the emergency room” he explained to me “by the way, I'm kwon Ji Yong” he introduced; I bowed down “Park Dara”

“Good morning Dara-ssi, you'll be discharge this afternoon, but still have to observe you” the nurse said, “oh by the way Dara-ssi, Doctor Cho--, Doctor Kwon will take care of your bills” she continued “Doc. Kwon?” I questioned, “a-uhm, didn't you know the person who brought you here is one of the doctors here?' I was caught off guard, he never told me that, “but anyway, Dara-ssi, you sure be the luckiest girl, many nurses here is in love to Doctor Kwon” she said, I just smiled and bowed “I will let you know if you will be can fully discharge this afternoon.”

In the end, I will be staying at the hospital for 1 more week. The door opened as Ji yong-ssi welcomed himself, “Good evening Dara-ssi, I thought you will be discharged this afternoon but I was wrong” he said, “Ji yong-ssi, why you didn't tell me that you are a doctor here?” I asked him, he looked at me “well I don't want to feel awkward” he smiled and preparing something on the table. “Why am I staying for 1 more week Ji Yong-ssi?' I asked him “I actually don't know, but I will check the results of the blood test and will let you know” he said and gave me a plate of sliced bunny apple “here eat some of this” he said to me.


 

I felt awkward already, he's too generous, I don't know the reason, I tried to convince him that I will pay for hospital bill, but he don't like it, telling that he is responsible to me because he is the one who brought me to the hospital, and still, bringing me foods. “Dara-ssi, I will get blood now, are you ready? Please be relax” the nurse said, I tried to be relax, I closed my eyes and control my breathing “I've noticed the I haven't seen any relatives of yours who visited, it was always, Doctor Kwon, even thou he is busy and have lots of patients” I froze, how come I didn't noticed that, I didn't inform them. I keep my silent, “oh I'm sorry for asking that question Dara-ssi” she felt guilty.


 

“I actually don't care if I have this illness, but all I want is to go ho-“ I was cut when I saw someone entered the room, I felt pain, and “what are you doing here?” I said to him, I looked at Ji Yong, but he immediately bowed down, “what is this? Why is this happening?” I said, tears coming to fall again, “Mianhae, Dara-ssi, but I have to do this” I looked at him with disbelief, “what are you talking about Ji yong?” I asked him, I am already in limit that fast, “how?!” I keep on asking, good thing I am fully dressed and the dextrose is being replaced, I run out the room, I don't what is going on. I don't why he is there, there's a lot of question in my mind.

The snow welcomed me as I went out of the hospital, no one is there chasing me out, I heaved a sigh; I walked towards the bus stop. After a minute, I get in and act like nothing happened to me; maybe I looked pale as the people looked with a curios look and also a concern look.  I don't where I'm going; I just don't to see them. “Maybe I should go home” I said to myself.

I decided to go home at Busan, where my family lives. It's a surprise that I didn't inform them that I'm here. I press the doorbell, “who is it?” It's my mom “it's me” I said then received a silent answer. In awhile the gate opens as my mom welcomed me a tight hug, just a tight hug, I can feel that she missed me.

“It's a surprise that you are here, what happened?” She asked, “nothing mom, I just want to go he-“she cut me off “you look pale, and where is your things Dara?” It stiffened, “a-I, actually, I suddenly want to go here, when I was out” I reasoned out “you didn't even inform me?” She asked again, oh yeah I forgot, my phone, “my phone is dead mom. And I actually left it on my home” another lie. I can't tell them that I was at the hospital.

“I want to rest” I left after our dinner, they seemed to be happy to see me here in our house, but I wasn't, I want to have a peace of mind that's why I go home, I don't want to think about them.

Beach! I thought of it suddenly, that's right, the beach could calm me and can give me a peace of mind. “Then tomorrow it is”.

I slowly closed my eyes, as I finally fell asleep. Everything is coming back to me, him and the doctor, what relation do they have? How did Doctor Ji Yong know him? Why did he come to visit me?

 “Let's call it off, Dara” I was stunned “what do you mean?” I asked him, he bowed his head, “I can't do this anymore” I furrowed my eyes, I am confused “I don't want to hurt you” he said, I heaved a sigh, I was controlling my tears already “I don't know what you're talking about, but you are already hurting me” my voice trailed off.

The scene fades away as another scene shows “why are you doing this? I hurt her already, don't you see? She's sick, and hurting, I don't understand you, why am I doing this for your own sake?” he said “Bro, I know what I am doing already” he said “Seunghyun, you're hurting her so badly, and also lying to her, I feel so idiot for exchanging our names”.

“Dara?” “Eonnie?” “Noona?” That's what I heard after those words, I am sweating, I woke up suddenly “Are you okay?” My mom asked me, I looked around; they look worried about me “A nightmare eonnie?” my sister asked, but still no response “honey, are you okay? You’re pale as snow” my mom ask me again, “I-ah, I need a water” I stood up, but suddenly I feel dizzy as I heard them shouts my name.


 

“Sorry Mrs. Park, it seems that we can't help you, you should bring her in Seoul already” the voice is so weak, my vision is so unclear, but I'm sure that it was my mom talking to the doctor.


 

I slowly open my eyes, it wasn't a dream after all, I was being brought here in this hospital again. “Eomma!! Eonnie is awake already” “are you okay eonnie?” she asks me, I can't answer, I had this bad feeling again. The door opens; I saw my mom and a doctor “Dara? Are you okay? Do you want something?” my mom ask, I shook my head, I looked at the doctor “you” I said weakly, then tears comes out, I can't help myself already.

He asked everyone in the room to go out first; my family didn't ask why and obliged him. “Why? The first question I asked him “Dara?” he said, “liar” that's what all I can say, I watched him; he froze for a little bit. “Why did you lie to me? Both of you, even thou I still don't know what is your relation to him, but I can say that both of you are that close” I said to him, he scoffs “he is my step brother, and his true na-“ “is Ji Yong and you're Seunghyun, I know already, Do you want to know why, how I found?” I said coldly to him “I had a dream, no, a nightmare that you two calling each other’s true name, as soon as I woke up from the nightmare, I feel that it’s true, the moment when you two comes in the last time I’m here, that’s the time you want to reveal everything” I continue as my tears is falling “Both of you trick me, why? Do you even know that I am falling for you?” my voice trailed off.

I looked away, I couldn’t stand the fact the he’s seeing me crying, I shouldn’t be crying in front of him, I don’t want his gentle gestures towards me. I wipe my tears “why?” I ask again, heaving a sigh “Ji Yong” I scoff “why it has to be you Seunghyun? The step brother of my ex boyfriend” I said as I laugh at the thought of it. Silence envelops us, “he still loves you” he suddenly said, I froze to the words he just said, I look at him in displease “still love me?” in a sarcastic way, I scoff again “then why do did he broke up with me? And letting you to pretend that you’re him?” I ask him, not really getting the sense of this situation.

“He doesn’t want you to be hurt, and he thought that breaking up with you was the best” I let a little laugh out “he doesn’t want to hurt me?” I still don’t get it, “Ugh” my chest starting to hurt, I don’t know why “Are you okay?” he asked me, he assist me to lay down on the bed “Drink this every time you feel that your chest is hurting, and prevent thinking of something that will hurt you” he gave me the medicine and the glass of water, he goes out like he’s going to do something, my mom and my sister comes in “are you okay eonnie? Do you know the doctor?” she asks me “an acquaintance” I told her, I close my eyes, I feel like sleeping, is the side effect of the medicine he gave me? Then I heard the door opens “Mrs. Park, we will now monitor Dara’s heart from now on” the last thing I heard.

“Mom?” I open my eyes and search for my mom, I look around and I spotted her “yes honey? What do you want?” she asks me “I want to go home” in no hesitation, I answer her “But—“ I cut her off “I want to go home” up until now, I still don’t my illness, Seunghyun, he keep his mouth shut, but of course only for me “Mom, I don’t like here” I said to her, I actually don’t want to see Seunghyun or Ji Yong. He visited me once, but I ignore him.

“I just want to go home Seunghyun, you don’t have to be there, because I don’t want you to, I’ll be fine” I said to him, “Dara, you’re sick, you can’t just leave the hospital” he calmly said “I know I’m sick!! I don’t want to be here! I don’t want to see the two of you! Unfortunately, you’re my doctor!!” anger fills me “Dara” still suppressing his anger towards me “Mister Choi Seunghyun, how many times do I have to tell you, for you to understand that I want to go home!?” I yelled at him, he flip the table in front of him, breathing like he is really going to burst, he close his eyes, “You don’t understand the condition you have, aren’t we?” he said, I froze to the words he said “You have a heart disease, Coronary Heart Disease.”