LUCKY STAR 4

MY LUCKY STAR (Discontinued the story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WHAT a very good day to start for working. Victoria was waiting for Nichkhun with wide smile plastered on face. Opss, please don’t get the wrong idea. She wasn’t happy because of Nichkhun, but she was enjoying when all her colleagues were jealous of her. They envied the ‘privillage’ that Nichkhun gave to her which ‘she can wear anything that she wants’. Today she was wearing long sleeves white shirt, blue jean that matched with a pair of black ankle boots. For a fresher look, she added peach scarf and styled her long hair into loose curls. Never underestimate her although she was working as a bodyguard.

                Every 3 months, all female bodyguards were required to attend special workshop that taught them about fashion and make-up’s techniques. So Victoria had not much difficulty to dress up prettily liked yesterday. Just she was too lazy to spend many hours in front of mirror and smeared many layers of cream and powder on her face. Victoria quickly straightened the body after saw Nichkhun approached the car.

                “Good mor..” she didn’t finish the greeting when Nichkhun only walked passing her. He looked serious and unapproachable. Perhaps there was problem occurred in company that ruined his mood. Wait, was her attire that ruined his mood?

                ‘I think I’m pretty enough and will not bring shame to him. Siwon also said okay,’ Victoria didn’t want to think too much about this. What was more important now, she had followed his order. Whether he liked it or not, let’s put that matter behind.

 

THE time seemed passing extremely slow today, and Nichkhun tried hard to stay focus. Currently he was attending conference for summer collection project. It was an important meeting since they were presenting designs and budget for this project, yet he was distracted. Not by the soft noises or anything in this room, but the scene of Victoria and Siwon last night bothered him. Argh, he shouldn’t let this matter disturbed his focus because he still had a lot of work to do after this! After the meeting was over, he went straight to office and asked Yubin to bring in documents.

                ‘I need to keep myself busy,’  Nichkhun disliked this situation so much! Who was she to invade his mind and cause him to have sleepless night? Suddenly his phone received a call but because it was from unknown number, he ignored it. It rang for several times, and his reaction remained the same. Few minutes after the unknown caller stopped disturbing him, his office’s phone took the turn.

                “Yes Yubin?”

                “Mr.Nichkhun, there is a call from KW company,” he raised one eyebrow after Yubin mentioned about KW.

                “Who is speaking?”

                “Oh, it is Miss Kwon Yuri. She said that you have appointment with her during lunch,” Appointment? Nichkhun smirked because Yuri must be desperate to see him until she created this lame excuse. So she must be the one who called him just now.

                “Oh, yes. Yes. I forgot to inform you about it, Yubin. Put her on the line. One more thing, please inform my bodyguard that I’ll go out for lunch with Miss Kwon. Venue I’ll inform you later,”

                “Okay, Boss,” she then connected the call to Nichkhun’s office.

                “Good morning, Mr.Snobbish,” a cheerful female voice echoed from intercom nearly made him laughing. Geez, why did she act as if they were closed or had known for years?

                “Yes, Miss Yuri. Anything I can help?” his voice obviously reflected how uninterested he was towards her. He refused to waste so much time with her as she called him for personal purpose. 

                “I was waiting for your call actually,”

                “For what? Look Miss Yuri, I’m busy right now. If you have anything to tell me, do it during lunch later. Venue my secretary will inform you later. I’ll hang up first,” he didn’t give her any chance to talk and immediately pressed the intercom button. From his observation, Yuri was different from other women that he had rejected. Her action obviously showed that she was interested in him and not easily gave up.

 

NICHKHUN felt defeated if he acknowledged how gorgeous she was today, yet he couldn’t deny the truth. Since this morning, he talked extremely less with her. It could be counted with fingers, and he never complimented her appearance for today.  Currently he was heading to the third floor where Yuri was waiting him. Meanwhile Victoria disguised as customer and followed him from behind. To make it not obvious, she kept herself 4 metres away from him. He had an image to protect, and he would feel embarrass if people discovered her. 

                “You are on time today, Mr.Nichkhun. Look you must have something important to tell me,” said Yuri after he sat in front her.

                “You can read me very well, Miss Kwon,” he smirked before secretly glanced at Victoria who was sitting quite far from him yet noticeable. Yuri didn’t know why she discovered him very interesting man. Ever since before, she always had interest in him. Well she was very curious the reason he rejected all his blind date partners. They were beautiful, intelligent, and captivating, yet they failed to get him.

                “Anyway save your words later because I’m really hungry right now. Because I couldn’t enjoy my dinner last time, this lunch is on your treat,” she said before called the waiter. Meanwhile Nichkhun was restless and clenched his fist as if he was holding his anger.

                “Excuse me. I didn’t order this,” Victoria dumfounded when the waitress placed a cup of caramel latte in front her. Geez, she only ordered mineral water which cost twice as much as standard price in convenience store. Other drinks were expensive until she refused to waste the money on them.

                “I’m sorry Miss but the guy over there ordered this for you,” she pointed at the man who was smiling dashingly at Victoria. Wow, he was really handsome but didn’t look as masculine as Siwon and Nichkhun. Wait, Nichkhun! Victoria just realised that he was observing her, and he looked displease right now.

                “Nichkhun, are you okay?” Yuri asked when she noticed how uncomfortable he was at that time. Nichkhun removed his gaze from Victoria and tried to remain calm. He didn’t know why he suddenly angry watching man tried to woo her. He disliked it! If not because he had something to discuss with Yuri, he had dragged Victoria to leave this place

                “I have no appetite. Just give me the cold water,” he closed the menu book and remained restless there. He looked again at Victoria, and she was saying something to that waitress while smiling apologetically. Wait, did the refuse the drink? His question had been answered when the waitress took back the drink and walked away. All his anger suddenly subsided, and he unconsciously chuckled. Yuri frowned and turned around to look if there was something amusing occurred behind her. There was nothing except people enjoying their meals. Wait! Yuri looked at Nichkhun and realised that he was staring at someone! His gazed fixed at the woman who Yuri couldn’t see her face clearly because she was looking down at that time. Then his gaze changed its direction, but it wasn’t on her. Whoever he was looking at, clearly he didn’t pay attention to him.

                “Nichkhun, I’m going to restroom,”

                “Oh, okay!” he replied without looking at her.

                “I’m sorry, Sir. That Madam refused this drink because she is waiting for her husband,” that man laughed to contain his embarrassment. What a captivating woman. Unfortunately she had been taken by someone.

                “You can throw it. Thank you for helping me anyway,” he gave tips to that waitress before left the restaurant. Nichkhun took this opportunity to see clearly the face of man that boldly tried to woo his bodyguard. Handsome but his white red complexion should be tanned under the sun. After that Nichkhun wrote something on a piece of paper before called the waiter and whispered something to him. Luckily Yuri returned after the waiter left.

                “Excuse me, Miss. Your foods are here,” Victoria surprised seeing a plate of mouth watering steak and a glass of ice caramel latte. Who else ordered for her?

                “Sorry. Can you take this back? I never order this,” she replied sternly, but that waiter only smiled before placed a note on table.

                “Enjoy your lunch Miss,”

                ‘This time it was an order from me. It will be on my treat. So enjoy your lunch. -Your big boss-‘  Victoria frowned as she read the note. So he did obser

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter